Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 43903 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2007, 06:32:24 pm »
WTF? You should be glad these guys have not abandoned the project like how it happens with tons of other fanprojects. Making a hack takes lots of time and effort, and the fact that they're taking more time than expected instead of abandoning or rushing things simply means that it will be a good hack. Last time I checked, fanprojects are made for free, so be patient.
Calm down. He does have at least one legitimate reason to be a little upset: Zakyrus promised a specific date, and that's four days overdue, and two days over what he told me in an e-mail about getting a patch to me to beta test before release. I know perfectly well what the cause of the delay is, but Zakyrus should have taken that into account before setting a specific date. (That said, Zakyrus, I am not upset at you at all, as you are not at fault. I am simply annoyed with circumstances being what they are.)

That said, I do ask that those waiting please excercise some more patience. Chrono'99 is definitely correct that you're lucky this fan project has not been abandoned like so many others, merely delayed slightly. Believe you me, I'd far prefer a larger-than-expected wait time over not receiving that which I was interested in at all.

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2007, 03:12:24 pm »
Well said, Kyronea.  You guys should also take it as a compliment that so many people can't wait to play what you guys make. You guys take enough time to get what you want done and I hope you guys stick with it.  :D

Good luck with the move(unpacking and just adjusting) and your internet too, Zakyrus

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2007, 03:35:05 pm »
WTF? You should be glad these guys have not abandoned the project like how it happens with tons of other fanprojects. Making a hack takes lots of time and effort, and the fact that they're taking more time than expected instead of abandoning or rushing things simply means that it will be a good hack. Last time I checked, fanprojects are made for free, so be patient.
Calm down. He does have at least one legitimate reason to be a little upset: Zakyrus promised a specific date, and that's four days overdue, and two days over what he told me in an e-mail about getting a patch to me to beta test before release. I know perfectly well what the cause of the delay is, but Zakyrus should have taken that into account before setting a specific date. (That said, Zakyrus, I am not upset at you at all, as you are not at fault. I am simply annoyed with circumstances being what they are.)

That said, I do ask that those waiting please excercise some more patience. Chrono'99 is definitely correct that you're lucky this fan project has not been abandoned like so many others, merely delayed slightly. Believe you me, I'd far prefer a larger-than-expected wait time over not receiving that which I was interested in at all.

Thanks Kyronea & everyone for being patient.

Everyone, please be patient. Everything around me just went to shit temporirly. Losing your job sucks and throws everything into chaos. Now, I am not going to promise the exact moment that I will release this, (know that I am 99.99% done with the DEMO) I WILL have it up soon THIS TIME. (I am a deadline-obsessed person too so I feel kindof bad leaving you guys high and dry.) I can't say the exact day now, beacause everytime I do something terrible happens. But know that I am compiling the last of the TF Export files down into one ROM at this very moment.
Once again, please be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. Also, would you rather of had me release a really buggy version or something that shines a little brighter?

Edit: also, I am not going to sleep until I have this done seeing as I have nothing else to distract me now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:59:47 pm by Zakyrus »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2007, 03:46:54 pm »
We just gotta deal with the waiting time.  Alot of people nowadays are very impatient.  I, myself, am really anxious for this hack to come.  The screenshots that were shown were pretty damn good.  Can't wait for the release :P  But take your time, we want a good nice version.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2007, 05:19:53 pm »
Update:
Well, it's getting there (this would be ALOT faster if I had "Batch Import". (If I had the Temporal Flux source I would have added it aeons ago.... no offense to Geiger or the TF beta team! You guys have made everything easy enough already!)

I have nearly 300 TF Export files -- mostly locations event stuff. ...which makes it worse because you have to go into the event editor and click a string and save again just to make sure the strings didn't corrupt after every import.  :x

This is going to take forever, but it's worth it doing this method as I don't seem to get ROM corruption. (I haven't made one 'ROM' backup yet! no corruption!) If there's corruption? Just re-import the .export file file!

Anyways, I could SO have this done tonight if I didn't have to import all this crap. *a chill goes through my soul thinking about it* ...but that's what you get when you use this method to backup your work.

Well, back to work!

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2007, 05:35:56 pm »
Im sorry you lost your job.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2007, 05:43:56 pm »
Im sorry you lost your job.

Thanks. Shit happens though, I just have to grit my teeth and plunge through it. Though this is actually for the best. I now realized a whole new direction!
Even 'negative' change is ultimately for the better.

Now, back to work!  8)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2007, 06:08:48 am »
Well, my 'crusade' of last minute hacks have been done.
All that's left is to do some uber-intense testing and If Kyronea OK's it, it can be released.

Stay tuned.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2007, 07:47:11 am »
Yay!  I'm glad to see you guys working so hard on this.  Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to its release!

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2007, 10:34:44 am »
I have but one question. Did you update the future in the game?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2007, 03:57:28 pm »
I have but one question. Did you update the future in the game?
Aye, that we did. Stay tuned. I've just finished writing the readme, and am now getting to the playtesting. Within a few hours or so I suspect we'll be fully releasing it. Until then, just a bit more patience, peeps.

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2007, 04:08:55 pm »
Take your time. I just started Dragon Warrior 7.

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2007, 04:19:59 pm »
Im good at multi tasking.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2007, 07:51:59 pm »
F.u.b.a.r.
 (F*cked up beyond all recognition)

Due to the fact that I get ROM corruption SOMEWHERE everytime I import ALL these files,
I have inlcuded all TF Exports that are used with the DEMO. It sucks because instead of having
"33% of the total project done, I had to jump back to 25% so not even all of the cutscenes
in the first half that we wanted are fully implemented yet. Some are compelty absent for now
such as the new Frog King stuff.

THEN AGAIN.... this is MERELY a DEMO, take it at that. Don't even TRY to compare this to a completed
game/hack, that would be foolhardy and I would have to look down upon your soul for being ignorant...
Just kidding, but seriously. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to get this bugfree and completely working (ya know, the ORGINAL
DEMO release *wasn't* going to be until December - so don't even bitch. Then I thought I could do it by the end of May.
Though this was before my life went to shit temporarily.)

This is NOT EVEN close to Kyronea's Dialouge Enhancement, even with the enhancements so there will be 40% more text/dialog later on for just the first half the game. For this version I kind of had to comprimise and shorted alot stuff for now. (FORGIVE ME KYRONEA!!! But you understand...)

Maps replaced glitch

I have tried EVERYTHING to reproduce this, this is a TF bug that I cannot explain well enough to
Gieger on how to re-produce so were screwed for a while until someone ELSE figures out the cause.
I'm done with bug hunting. The ONLY thing I can tell you is that if you expand a few maps somewhere
in the game (like 3), then a MAP that you have expanded and worked on OR a random MAP somwhere else
completely dissapears, this is all I know.

Yes, I TRIED to get this perfect for you, but there's a point where enough is enough and we need this
 get this [hack] out there. Seeing as I have been up for more than 52 hours doing this, I am, giving this hack
to Kyronea. Then successfully proceeding to comatose for like a day while the Temporal Flux editor image
starts to fade from the inside of my eyelids. I hope this "DEMO" is enough to satisfy your CT hungers for a while.

Thanks to everyone for being so pateint! This has been ALOT of FUCKING work.
(Crimson Echos team, (or ANYONE coding ANY project for that matter; you know have like 50 times more respect from me -- NOW I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN!)

Sincerely,
The very, very fucking tired Zakyrus.

P.S.
Oh yeah, if any of you hackers/coders out there want to use this export stuff to learn off of, go
for it! Just remember, I spent about 1,800+ hours** getting to this point so PLEASE all I ask
for is credit SOMEWHERE. If you use a event file or part of it or something credit me; for enhanced
dialouge credit Kyronea.

** - Though most of that time is experimenting and learning stuff, (about 2 1/2 years) the next
DEMO won't take NEARLY as long to do.... I hope.

Anyways, this still is being testing by Kyronea, I went through it and had no problems getting to Magus. I have NOT
tested after that though, AND I have NOT tested any side areas such as towns that are unimportant, so I can't make ANY guarentees. I can only guarentee that you can make it to and defeat Magus.)

Due the fact I have included backup sources incase something goes
wrong, Kyronea should be able to OK it enough for release. I fixed about 90 something bugs that would have ended up in the June 05 release (that never happened) Aren't glad it it took so long now? It's somewhat playable!

Thanks again everyone. I wish I could enjoy the opening discussions of this mod, but I hope Kyronea will be able to takle anything in my absence (unless of course Kyronea, you get mobbed by like 1000 posts - in that case I'm sorry.)

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:17 pm »
So what are you saying.