Author Topic: SPC Creation  (Read 1871 times)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
SPC Creation
« on: December 28, 2006, 01:31:20 am »
With the help of FF3info.txt and some interpretation from JCE3000GT on some confusing info from ff3info.txt, I managed to put together a rather horrible new SPC by combining part of another SPC with some music notes I put together. The SPC is of Jingle Bells and has a simple loop.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: SPC Creation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 01:50:05 am »
Fascinating work. Original spc creation has always been the major restriction in fan game production.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 05:59:53 am »
This is encouraging!

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:44:01 am »
That's jingle bells o_O? Technically impressive nonetheless :P

JCE3000GT

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:03:01 pm »
Good work on the first creation of yours.  One of the things that I found the hardest to get right was using the rests...the game uses preset lengths for the rests.  You can't really "customize" the length perse...more like just keep adding rests right after other rests.  But that may throw off the song--or the specific channel at least.  I had a frustrating time with it.  Which is why I deleted my new compositions...and haven't tried a new composition again.  Until I get a more complete understanding of the things that I do NOT know I'm not going to try to compose.  I'm planning on recomposing some FF4 music in FF6 once I get that more complete understanding. 

8)