Author Topic: wii is crushing the 360 and ps3 in sales  (Read 6170 times)

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: wii is crushing the 360 and ps3 in sales
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 01:44:45 pm »
This just proves that no matter how well a system is build (spec wise) and what it has to offer.  Price and popularity will always win.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 03:26:10 pm »
Yeah I'm already getting the Wii and 360 for Christmas :D

I want the Wii cause of its revolutionary controller and all those old school characters like Link, Mario, And i want the 360 for games like Halo 3 , and Gears of War.

I was worried that ps3 had games like Final Fantasy and others but then i remembered that did they release FF11 for the 360 ... so yeah iono about that but if they did that they should be releasing more Final Fantasy's to the 360 right?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:29:47 pm by XcyrusX »

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 03:43:17 pm »
should be releasing more Final Fantasy's to the 360 right?

There is always the possibility. But no, they shouldn't.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 04:37:14 pm »
Yeah well im gonna try and get the Ps3 next Christmas so ill play all the next gen Final Fantasy's and Hopfully a new Chrono Trigger Game....phhaww like that would happen : (

Magus and High Def = Screaming like a school girl  ; )

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 05:01:06 pm »
This just proves that no matter how well a system is build (spec wise) and what it has to offer.  Price and popularity will always win.
ps2 was the middle range, and offered the least amount of graphics. the only thing it had going for its GAMES.

now that the flags ships are leaving its waters, its semi-fucked.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 08:18:00 pm »
Does this "crushing" sales win for Nintendo also include ebay and other online auctions? What about those overall sales numbers inlcuding ebay? :lol: Sony has proven that they have so far never been about launch.

Personally, I don't know how I feel about Nintendo appealing to a broader audience...Sure, the more people that buy, the more money that gets to go into games & such...but with more people comes more stupid people, demanding more stupid games...And honestly, do we need that??

But whatever...It looks like the Console Wars (not including handhelds...!) are going to be more even then ever since each company seems to have it's own type of audience...But it's not like any of the companies are going to suffer greatly if they aren't the overall winner...Sony is still Sony and Microsoft is still Microsoft...and, uh...Nintendo...uh...has the DS? >_>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:08:49 pm by V_Translanka »

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 08:20:28 pm »

Personally, I don't know how I feel about Nintendo appealing to a broader audience...Sure, the more people that buy, the more money that gets to go into games & such...but with more people comes more stupid people, demanding more [/i]stupid[/i] games...And honestly, do we need that??

.... dude... just shut up. Have you played the wii? It's fun as fucking hell. The games are awesome.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:43 pm »
Yeah I agree with angel ^^

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 09:38:02 pm »
Heh. Sincerely, I play videogames because of the audiovisual experience they provide. I go for games that please my eyes and ears (and in that sense I don't mean just raw audio and video quality, but also the story both these mediums provide). Good to excelent gameplay is, no doubt about it, a must. Good, excelent gameplay can, was, and most doubtlessly will be provided by any kind of controller.

To me, what matters the most is which console will provide me with the best audiovisual experiences.

When I want to do something that gives me the best physical experiences, I go play soccer, I go play tennis, I go swimming.

So really, what really matters to me is that the console I have accomplish its objective as an audiovisual entertainment system.

Wii tries and takes gaming to a new level, to a certain extent. It tries and "changes gaming from just an audiovisual experience", something that many peripheral hardware for many consoles and other computer systems have actually already done, many, many times. But still, it is an audiovisual entertainment system. Unless it provides audiovisual experience as good as PS3, I really see no reason to having it.

What I see is: Unless Wii has a game library at least nearly as good as PS3, it should fade out sooner or later. People buy it like potato chips because it's cheap, it's innovative, why not have a little white thingy that plays stuff which when I swing the remote controller a little big-headed thingy on the screen swings something as well for just $250?

But unless it keeps people interested, and for that they will need a nice library, they should be screwed. I mean, they are helping to bring more consumers into the gaming industry, but unless these people are kept interested their strategy should end up backfiring. I mean, you start liking videogames, but then the system that put you into it simply stops providing you the fun it once did, so you would logically move to something that would.

And well, as things seem to be, the audiovisual standpoint ends up being the number one factor of gaming. There have always been dozens of more-than-usual interactive options in gaming industry, but they always end up dying in the hands of games with higher audiovisual quality (not to forget that's not just raw audio and graphics power, but their ability to deliver a good, fun story as a medium).

It's freaking way to soon to say which console is going to be the most successful. But indeed, if we only consider the head start, Wii pretty much fucked PS3 and X360 nicely.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:41:54 pm by cupn00dles »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 11:00:42 pm »
cup, your statement at the end about the highest audiovisual quality always winning out is invalidated by the last generation: PS2 was the graphically weakest of the 3, and still won by a wide margin. Correlation disproved.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 12:02:18 am »
Not to mention that the PS3 is getting absolutely ass-raped, and it's currently the most powerful system.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 12:23:05 am »
I can't wait to get the Wii.

Heh, I'll have the Wii60. :lol:

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 12:42:52 am »
haha nice Gears of Wars for the 360 looks awesome..   :D

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 12:26:33 pm »
cup, your statement at the end about the highest audiovisual quality always winning out is invalidated by the last generation: PS2 was the graphically weakest of the 3, and still won by a wide margin. Correlation disproved.

Heh. Not at all.

PS2 had the less graphical strength, but it was still the console to deliver the best audiovisual experiences. It's not just aboud raw graphics and sound, as I said, it is about the successful use of these two things as a medium for interesting entertainment.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 02:30:12 pm »

Heh. Not at all.

PS2 had the less graphical strength, but it was still the console to deliver the best audiovisual experiences. It's not just aboud raw graphics and sound, as I said, it is about the successful use of these two things as a medium for interesting entertainment.

From a qualitative stand point, the PS2 was outright inferior. To some degree, this can be made up for by good art direction, but the best audio/visual experience will come from the most powerful system. That's the nature of the beast. Video games are more than just light and sound being thrown at you, however. To try to reduce them as such is to take away that which is unique and meaningful to the medium. The gameplay is completely unrelated to the audio/visual quality, and that is the primary part of games that makes them unique as a medium.