Author Topic: Children of Mana opens to lukewarm reviews, ZeaLitY Q&A, new avatars  (Read 1630 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Children of Mana, the latest thing Kato has participated on, has a 68% cumulative score at Gamerankings. Most reviewers are criticizing the game's repetitive dungeon-crawling gameplay, which thankfully excuses Kato, the scenario writer. In any event, I don't know enough about this game to call it a success or whatever, so this news post is pretty useless. Just hope that the game sells or something so Masato Kato can have some development leverage.

ZeaLitY Q&A is out: Click here

Also, a new avatar category is now available: Missing Piece. There are a ton of avatars in there, so check it out. The unused characters / monsters will appear there once we get someone to translate Missing Piece.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:55:42 pm by ZeaLitY »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Children of Mana opens to lukewarm reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:25 pm »
Well, we can judge it more after playing it. I may import it, since it'll probably be some time before its released in the UK.

From what I've seen though, the game is impressive, and Kato, having been part of it, makes me want it even more.

Genowing

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Mana opens to lukewarm reviews, ZeaLitY Q&A, new avatars
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:42:08 pm »
Its a quick 12 hour game, Less if you don't do any side quests.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Children of Mana opens to lukewarm reviews, ZeaLitY Q&A, new avatars
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 03:45:24 am »
Meh, the Seiken Densetsu series has never been that hot really...I won't hold it against him...