Author Topic: Blue Dragon  (Read 1921 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Dragon
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 06:59:54 pm »
what would chrono trigger have looked like if it was released in 2005 instead of 1995? 
like dragoball Z. Think about it. they had an anime opening. the only real difference is chrono fuck ganked a snake like the savage goku ain't.
GANKAGE!

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 03:11:03 pm »
V_translanka

i know you said you werent a microsoft fan, that is why i asked why you (v_tranlsanka) were not a fan.  in otherwords, why do you choose to not partake in the usage of the microsoft xbox console

now my reasoning behind asking about chrono trigger in 2005 was not to change te subject, but to see what how people would reply.  if chrono trigger had come out last year it would prolly look identical to blue dragon which by no mere coincidence is what this thread is about.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 10:03:24 pm »
Well, you asked why I'm not an XBOX fan, which, while it is the Microsoft company's console weapon of choice, XBOX=/=Microsoft and so I glossed over the whole subject by just saying "I didn't say this, I said that" (or w/e)...

As for the Chrono Trigger in 2005 thing...Yes, I know that was what you were trying to say. I merely said that to point out that you should have just said, "I think that if CT had been released in the now, it would look like Blue Dragon"...But even then, I don't think we could say that...Firstly, CT was a momentous game. It could not come out the same way if it had come out now than it did in 95. I mean, hell, Square Co & Enix ARE together now...Would the Dream Team still be looked at the same? Probably not, but, then again, Square & Enix haven't really mixed house much, have they? I think it might look like Blue Dragon, but it'd probably look a lot more like either Dragon Quest VIII or w/e recent Final Fantasy game there is...

Alright, you still want me to truely answer that Microsoft thing, right? I'll answer it like this...I don't like Microsoft in the same way that I don't like Disney.

Also, just to point out, I'm not anti-XBOX. I think they had some great advancements over the other systems along w/a nice assortment of games. Most notably XBOX Live. I would play and own an XBOX...if I already had a PS2...I'm an RPG fan and XBOX is not an RPG system. They look like they're trying to turn that around now, but Sony still seems on top of the game in that genre...But my most recent system is a DC...although I emulate GBA.

xXTreizeXx

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 05:25:42 pm »
Well, you asked why I'm not an XBOX fan, which, while it is the Microsoft company's console weapon of choice, XBOX=/=Microsoft and so I glossed over the whole subject by just saying "I didn't say this, I said that" (or w/e)...

As for the Chrono Trigger in 2005 thing...Yes, I know that was what you were trying to say. I merely said that to point out that you should have just said, "I think that if CT had been released in the now, it would look like Blue Dragon"...But even then, I don't think we could say that...Firstly, CT was a momentous game. It could not come out the same way if it had come out now than it did in 95. I mean, hell, Square Co & Enix ARE together now...Would the Dream Team still be looked at the same? Probably not, but, then again, Square & Enix haven't really mixed house much, have they? I think it might look like Blue Dragon, but it'd probably look a lot more like either Dragon Quest VIII or w/e recent Final Fantasy game there is...

Alright, you still want me to truely answer that Microsoft thing, right? I'll answer it like this...I don't like Microsoft in the same way that I don't like Disney.

Also, just to point out, I'm not anti-XBOX. I think they had some great advancements over the other systems along w/a nice assortment of games. Most notably XBOX Live. I would play and own an XBOX...if I already had a PS2...I'm an RPG fan and XBOX is not an RPG system. They look like they're trying to turn that around now, but Sony still seems on top of the game in that genre...But my most recent system is a DC...although I emulate GBA.

I totally agree, Xbox seems to be changing its course with the RPGs ever since Oblivion and Fable, which I cant say is a bad thing.  Im not really an Xbox fan either, nor am i a nintendo fan.  I used to be a Sony fan since FF7 came out but just a little while ago i realized "wtf? i only like psx and ps2 because of their RPGs, so why dont i just say im a Square fan?"   Xbox just wants to topple Sony by pulling its rpgs out from under them.

You really cant compare Chrono Trigger to what Blue Dragon will be today because it didnt have a huge anticipation prior to its release.  Because CT came out in '95, we have a Dream Team to look forward to now. . .plus dont forget Yasunori Mitsuda also composed all but like, 10 songs for CT.

nurobo13

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 10:22:52 pm »
Personally I think the XBOX is on it's way to becoming a good system for RPG's. I mean Oblivion, and Fable were good games and this Blur Dragon seems great. It might just be enough to get me to buy a 360...