Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 50181 times)

kain

Spekkio...
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2005, 12:58:26 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
And yes, Faulce, when you lose to Spekkio, your party's HP is 1. I know because I wouldn't have cared as much about fighting him if i was restored after i lost. But because i was down to 1 HP, i had to go out to the bucket to heal.

This may be true for spekkio in his Nu form since I haven't ever gotten there but otherwise I know for sure that after fighting and losing to Spekkio you are restored to perfect health. I fought him earlier today to see how effectively defended my characters arre against magic since I'm going through the game to get every ending and everyone but Crono kept dying from magic attacks. Spekkio heals your party if you lose in battle to him.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Spekkio...
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2005, 06:04:52 pm »
Huh, really? What form were you fighting then? I was pretty sure the same thing happened (1HP) when I lost against Spekkio's Masa&Mune form...Hmm...

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2005, 09:15:46 pm »
As of half a minute ago I lost to Spekkio's Masa & Mune form.

Full health. But... I remember I used to go out to the bucket for health after fighting Spekkio...

Which versions are we talking about here? I just lost to Spekkio on the PS1 version.

EDIT: Now I just lost to Spekkio on the SNES one. Still full health. Hmm.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2005, 11:55:43 pm »
Oh hey! What about MP? Maybe that's why we had to go to the bucket. Not for HP, but for MP!

Or maybe I was just hallucinating or something...?

Deus Chisa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Ph'nglui mglwnafh Yukari Mayohiga wgah'nagl fthagn
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2005, 04:30:11 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I think the fact that he uses Hallitation is unique since only he and Zeal use the attack.

This may just be me being anal about attack patterns, but Terra Mutant can also use this attack.  Let the top half of TM drain the energy from the bottom half.  After the bottom dies, the top uses Hallation and then dies.

On subject, I always thought there to be some connection between Belthasar's Nu servant and Spekkio, due to this line:
Quote from: CT
This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time.

This could mean a number of things, I know, but in a place that is beyond the flow of time, there sits a "god of war", who has incredible magic power, and has the final form of a Nu.  As for the mind and memory of Belthasar, I doubt the Gurus were merely engineers and advisors - they probably dealt with magic on an everyday basis, and would be required to be wizards in their own right.

If I'm making a reasoning error, or if it's just not possible due to <insert Chronoverse temporal physics here>, I'd like to know about it.

Zizzlebop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2005, 12:08:54 am »
You guys are all wrong, Spekkio is Crono's dad! Okay, not really, I belive Spekkio is a training program. If spekkio kills you, you don't die. And if you beat him you can some cool stuf. Its kinda like the Matrix, I don't belive the End of Time is  a physical place, so its not that hard to belive.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Spekkio...
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2005, 01:59:45 pm »
How can it not be a physical place? By that reasoning no physical being would exist in the EoT. The only difference between the EoT and anywhere else is that time stops flowing in the EoT since it is the end and all.

MogGuy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2005, 01:13:13 am »
Sekkio could just be some sort of God-like figure. My theory is that he is the physical embodiment of Magic, which is why physical attacks can't hit him. That would also explain why he doesn't appear in CC (the giant octopus-thingie, IMO, is not Spekkio), as the characters use Elements, not Magic.

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2005, 01:39:51 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
How can it not be a physical place? By that reasoning no physical being would exist in the EoT. The only difference between the EoT and anywhere else is that time stops flowing in the EoT since it is the end and all.

I think what is being gotten at is that the End of Time is place where the physical body does not exist.  It is the end of time and all things, so mundane matter has no place there.  The setting is the result of it's QT-like nature, and living creatures there only exist in spirit.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Spekkio...
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2005, 10:21:30 am »
y is time connected with space. time and space are different dimensions. but you could say that length could not exist with width, so space could not exist without time...contradicting myself again

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 10:58:24 am »
Quote from: MogGuy
Sekkio could just be some sort of God-like figure. My theory is that he is the physical embodiment of Magic, which is why physical attacks can't hit him. That would also explain why he doesn't appear in CC (the giant octopus-thingie, IMO, is not Spekkio), as the characters use Elements, not Magic.

More like he's a teacher for Magic, who is conceited.
Magus could beat him up easily. Spekkio can't fully use Shadow magic, which in my theory is the true form of magic, and Crono and co. only got a part of that Shadow magic (in other words Lightning, Fire and Water magic combined make Shadow). If Spekkio was truely the embody of Magic, he'd know Shadow but he doesn't cuz Magus could teach him stuff.

Besides the point that Spekkio was never at the EoT till Gaspar made him appear or something, probably taught him magic too.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 05:38:21 pm »
Quote from: BZ
y is time connected with space. time and space are different dimensions. but you could say that length could not exist with width, so space could not exist without time...contradicting myself again

Length exists w/o width only as an idea not as an actual physical thing, though.

In that same way, space & time are inseperable (as far as I know)...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Spekkio...
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2005, 05:34:09 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Quote from: MogGuy

More like he's a teacher for Magic, who is conceited.
Magus could beat him up easily. Spekkio can't fully use Shadow magic, which in my theory is the true form of magic, and Crono and co. only got a part of that Shadow magic (in other words Lightning, Fire and Water magic combined make Shadow). If Spekkio was truely the embody of Magic, he'd know Shadow but he doesn't cuz Magus could teach him stuff.

Besides the point that Spekkio was never at the EoT till Gaspar made him appear or something, probably taught him magic too.

Where do you get the idea that shadow is the true form of magic?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2005, 06:18:52 pm »
Yea, that kinda contradicts the whole Balance idea.

Discoman

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2005, 06:54:25 pm »
I think Spekkio means by "If you are Strong, I look Strong. If you are Weak, I look Weak"  That depending on your level he will be a certain form. But notice how he says "look" perhaps he is even more powerful than we thought.