Author Topic: Strange Battle  (Read 2062 times)

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Strange Battle
« on: June 10, 2004, 01:20:25 pm »
Game: Chrono Trigger. Location:2300 A.D. Arris Dome, the room where the party encounters the Guardian and his Bits.  For some reason on both the SNES and the PSX remake, if you switch the members of your party around (obviously in the menu, not the EoT switching) in this room you get into a battle.  I think its with two Proto 2 and two Buggers.  I always thought it was some freaky glitch until i played the PSX version of the game.  Why does this happen, are there other locations in the game where one can do this?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Strange Battle
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 02:50:17 pm »
I think the same effect can be accessed if you enter the room before fighting the Guardian, leave, then enter again.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Strange Battle
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 03:08:40 pm »
Nope, entering and exiting and entering the room again before or after you fight the Guardian has no bearing on this occuring.  For some reason, altering your party in this room makes enemies appear, but only once per time you enter the room. It does work infinitely though.  I would really appreciate it if anyone out there who knows why this happens and whether or not there are more rooms like it would inform me.  thanks!

Phoenix Rebirth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Strange Battle
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 08:18:09 am »
I gonna sound pretty stupid but oh well... So you saying that switching members in the room with the bit guys lets you fight that boss repeatedly? Or does it just make some random enemy?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Strange Battle
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 08:21:30 am »
Quote from: Phoenix Rebirth
I gonna sound pretty stupid but oh well... So you saying that switching members in the room with the bit guys lets you fight that boss repeatedly? Or does it just make some random enemy?

The stuff is, if you go to the menu, some random robots will appear when you exit the menu.