Poll

Do the males here find this pciture offensive?

Yeah
1 (7.1%)
Nah, moit
13 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Are Boys Stupid?: Sexism Debate  (Read 4027 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Re: Are Boys Stupid?: Sexism Debate
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 11:07:33 am »
While i as a boy am offensed by this topic, the answer is :
Yes. Boy's are stupid.

Yup, I agree with you boys are stupid because of girls and they are to be blamed by that like Bob Marley said in his song no woman no cry.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
If my penis could solve a differential equation, I'd say no.  Seeing as it can't, it depends on which head we're thinking with.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 06:03:02 pm »
Yes. Boy's are stupid.

Yup, I agree with you boys are stupid because of girls and they are to be blamed by that like Bob Marley said in his song no woman no cry.

Too bad he was too high to say anything coherent when he wrote that song. I'm being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:12:22 pm by cupn00dles »

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 02:30:47 am »
Yes. Boy's are stupid.

Well, I honestly don't see the logic in that. Having been in Engineering in university I've been around smart people of both genders (and, as was Engineering, there were plenty of men who were highly intelligent), and I can't say one to be inherently smarter than the other. What women tend to be is more focussed and driven, but that is not a good thing, as it can burn one out.

Really, I've never seen anything from women that has proved to me they are either smarter or more mature than men. It's just gender conflict. On a totally equal playing field, they would be equal - or, simply, the potential is equal.

Rat

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 05:04:10 am »

Well, I honestly don't see the logic in that. Having been in Engineering in university I've been around smart people of both genders (and, as was Engineering, there were plenty of men who were highly intelligent), and I can't say one to be inherently smarter than the other. What women tend to be is more focussed and driven, but that is not a good thing, as it can burn one out.

Really, I've never seen anything from women that has proved to me they are either smarter or more mature than men. It's just gender conflict. On a totally equal playing field, they would be equal - or, simply, the potential is equal.

Exactly.

That was something that I could never understand about most girls I have known throughout my life - how they can claim to be so much more mature than males. Females are just as likely to be immature in their own ways.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 07:10:59 pm »
Swaying from the statistics, boys are actually stupid and a very good majority might I add.

Us boyz have more distractions and more on our minds. We deal with more rumors than girls, who's better at what, strength, looks, and having to deal with that one cute girl simply "looking" and "flirting" with you. I know from experience that when the girl I always liked in High School made eye contact with me, I would tighten up inside and start sweating, seriously.

Anywho, girls have it easy, because they get everything they ever want from Daddy, at least over here in Webster, NY. I heard that periods and pregnancy can be a bitch though... uhh, so some girls aren't that spoiled though, but the point I am trying to make is that with all honesty, girls ARE smarter than us guys.

Truth is out Compendium . . . agree or disagree with me, that's the way I see it. A huge majority of guys are stupid.

Rat

• Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »
Swaying from the statistics, boys are actually stupid and a very good majority might I add.

Us boyz have more distractions and more on our minds. We deal with more rumors than girls, who's better at what, strength, looks, and having to deal with that one cute girl simply "looking" and "flirting" with you. I know from experience that when the girl I always liked in High School made eye contact with me, I would tighten up inside and start sweating, seriously.

Anywho, girls have it easy, because they get everything they ever want from Daddy, at least over here in Webster, NY. I heard that periods and pregnancy can be a bitch though... uhh, so some girls aren't that spoiled though, but the point I am trying to make is that with all honesty, girls ARE smarter than us guys.

Truth is out Compendium . . . agree or disagree with me, that's the way I see it. A huge majority of guys are stupid.

But you see, girls deal with some of the same things you listed. Rumors, being judgemental of other females, and having to deal with playas that aren't interested in you at all except as a "body count." And when anyone (regardless of gender) is around the person they like, they will act very very stupid. (Love is like the universal intelligence degrader... you know better, but you're still gonna act a fool and beat yourself up about it later).

And I know guys from spoiled families as well whose parents buy them whatever car they want and send them off to college without worrying about financial aid.

The only way I can think of in which guys are probably stupider than girls at times, is when they think with their other head.
But otherwise, I know girls pretty well. And trust me when I say that they are definately not smarter than guys. There are some smart girls - but there are some incredibly stupid girls. And I've seen the same thing amongst guys as well.

grey_the_angel

• CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 10:59:24 pm »
all of the worlds problems can be blamed on women. just look at it historacially.

eve = original sin

XD thus ends my too cents.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 11:48:23 pm »
Everyone is drawing from vague, subjective personal experience, but the truth is that at a certain point, intelligence exceeds gender roles and boys and girls have the same capacity for erudition and ignorance. Jeez, let's cut through the excess stuff.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 12:56:53 am »
The average cases for each are equal. The curve, however, and Josh won't like this, is different for men and women. Not just in intelligence, but in most things. Men are nature's workshop, because, from the stand point of natural selection, men are more expendable. So you will see more men as you head to any statistical extreme, but since both curves average out the same, it's meaningless to make presumptions based on sex.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 07:22:23 am »
Tch... I rest my case that all genders are created equal. Boys & Girls is like yin & yang, they exist to balance the order of the universe.

Rat

• Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 06:10:31 pm »
Everyone is drawing from vague, subjective personal experience, but the truth is that at a certain point, intelligence exceeds gender roles and boys and girls have the same capacity for erudition and ignorance. Jeez, let's cut through the excess stuff.

But thoughtless excess is so fun. :D

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 07:49:27 pm »
But you see, girls deal with some of the same things you listed. Rumors, being judgemental of other females, and having to deal with playas that aren't interested in you at all except as a "body count." And when anyone (regardless of gender) is around the person they like, they will act very very stupid. (Love is like the universal intelligence degrader... you know better, but you're still gonna act a fool and beat yourself up about it later).

How true. ^ ^

Don't girls have bigger brains in some study? -just a thought

Yes, everyone is equal. Everyone has the capability of learning whatever they want to. The key is "studying"...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 12:16:00 am »

But thoughtless excess is so fun. :D

I've never found that, personally. I've a rather antipathy towards it, quite honestly.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 04:15:03 am »
But are chimpanzee's actually smarter than humans? :lee:

Well, it depends what intelligence is. Some girls are really stupid at, say, maths, but really good at music. Some guys are really good at, say, maths, but really bad at music. Some girls are really good at science, but not, lets say, architecture. And so forth...

And about those damn chimpanzees...