Author Topic: You know those days when it all goes to hell?  (Read 2239 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
You know those days when it all goes to hell?
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:49:58 am »
I've had a really great night, with lots of great dreams. Waking up, however, marked this day as a VERY, VERY bad day.

For starters, I woke up with hunger, but with no actual desire to eat. I've had a stomach ache that lasts to this moment, and I was very tired regardless. Then I went up to check my computer (I was downloading KOTOR2) and found it had rebooted during the night, i.e., updated Windows. The download had completed, but Windows Update found my version was illegal and seemingly put a virus on my system, forcing me to reinstall Windows.

Trying to reinstall Windows proved to be a 40 minute ordeal, which ended up with Windows infroming me, upon installing my Audio Driver, that the Kernel is corrupted, forcing me to reinstall AGAIN.

Well, I had to go get an haircut, so I let my sister handle this time. But, when I got back, I downloaded a Driver from nVidia's site. The installation got messed up, and messed up my video ENTIRELY. I could only see a mouse in a black background. So I reinstalled AGAIN. For the THIRD time in FOUR hours.

Well, at least I got a relaxing walk while I waited for my dad and uncle to get their haircut. Got some fresh air. Except that big ball of fire in the sky was pestering me. IT BURNS.

Except for the grim reality of the war, I hope the other half of the day will be better. 

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: You know those days when it all goes to hell?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:44:31 pm »
These things happen. Like when I forgot where I put my mouthguard an hour before my Rugby match...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:33:58 am »
That's really shitty. That's why I've started partitioning my main hard drive to have a boot partition and a data partition, so I won't be totally hosed during a Windows install. Those are always a pain.

A treaty has been approved by the U.N. I'm not naive enough to believe that everything will be instantly better now, but hopefully it'll get the ball rolling.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 11:47:06 am »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 01:12:02 pm »
I'm treated like dirt for no reason in most of the places I go, so, y'never know, maybe the world IS hell.  :lee:

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 01:54:24 pm »
The world sucks.  I hate stuff like that. 
I really hate stuff like this though:

I go tanning once or twice a week, and I do the highest level beds (which is level five) and I never ever burn EVER.  I went in a level one bed which is at the lowest end (the power of level one is equivelant to being out in the sun for about 15-30 minutes) and I came out dry and I burned.  I never burn. Embarrasing. It lasted for more than four days. 

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 08:36:16 am »
it's the worst when a girl doesn't love you. ( if you love her, this gives such a pain ) i love a girl, it must have been 3 years, but she DOES NOT. i even thought of suiciding, and i tried to suicide for 2 or 3 times, but it failed. i couldn't die.

what a pain.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 08:44:42 am »
Try 2 weeks of Hyperacidity.... You'll feel severe & uncomfortable pain for 2 freakin' weeks! In those days I feel like I'm in living hell.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 05:06:38 pm »
it's the worst when a girl doesn't love you. ( if you love her, this gives such a pain ) i love a girl, it must have been 3 years, but she DOES NOT. i even thought of suiciding, and i tried to suicide for 2 or 3 times, but it failed. i couldn't die.

what a pain.

Man, if she doesn't like you, then she isn't the right one. Trust me, the right girl will show up.  :D

Rat

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 05:57:09 pm »

what a pain.

That's... not really a good reason to commit suicide. Otherwise a lot of people should be killing themselves, because not everyone is happily ever after accepted by the person they love. Hell, I should be long gone and dead myself in that case. Twice over, in fact.

TetrisRocks

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 06:13:33 pm »
fuck you guys, my girlfriend dumped me and gave me rabies

Rat

• Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 06:20:31 pm »
fuck you guys, my girlfriend dumped me and gave me rabies

Aww, you can be our Old Yeller. We'll lock you in a cage and when you start to froth at the mouth, we'll shoot you. And then we'll mope until we get a new and younger TetrisRocks.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 06:39:19 pm »
The answer is One Winged Angel. Unlike the derelict laments of past art, Sephiroth is not content to simply be. Sephiroth does.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 04:41:34 am »
Well, a cease fire has been declared. Have a good not dead life, Legend! The stupid thing is nothing came out of this war, even though 1000+ died.

grey_the_angel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 06:15:12 am »
I've had a really great night, with lots of great dreams. Waking up, however, marked this day as a VERY, VERY bad day.

For starters, I woke up with hunger, but with no actual desire to eat. I've had a stomach ache that lasts to this moment, and I was very tired regardless. Then I went up to check my computer (I was downloading KOTOR2) and found it had rebooted during the night, i.e., updated Windows. The download had completed, but Windows Update found my version was illegal and seemingly put a virus on my system, forcing me to reinstall Windows.

Trying to reinstall Windows proved to be a 40 minute ordeal, which ended up with Windows infroming me, upon installing my Audio Driver, that the Kernel is corrupted, forcing me to reinstall AGAIN.

Well, I had to go get an haircut, so I let my sister handle this time. But, when I got back, I downloaded a Driver from nVidia's site. The installation got messed up, and messed up my video ENTIRELY. I could only see a mouse in a black background. So I reinstalled AGAIN. For the THIRD time in FOUR hours.

Well, at least I got a relaxing walk while I waited for my dad and uncle to get their haircut. Got some fresh air. Except that big ball of fire in the sky was pestering me. IT BURNS.

Except for the grim reality of the war, I hope the other half of the day will be better. 
I don't have those days. I have "mellow days" and "fuck off days"