Poll

What's next for the Chrono Compendium?

Aggressive research and campaign to show support for and request Chrono Break
16 (37.2%)
Focus on Temporal Flux and rom hacking tutorials to make it accessible to regular fans
17 (39.5%)
Things like fanart / fanfiction contests based around the community
9 (20.9%)
Other (Please state what exactly by replying)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 05, 2006, 05:17:00 pm

Author Topic: 3/18/06 - What's next for the Chrono Compendium?  (Read 6599 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
3/18/06 - What's next for the Chrono Compendium?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 04:34:37 pm »
So the date of the poll is 3/18... it was posted a week ago... and its currently the 13th... Did you mean to post 3/8 instead maybe?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 02:02:49 am »
Quote from: GrayLensman
A robust Rom Hacking community is the key to our success.

Yep. Well, except for the word "the." I think that it'll give us something unique and marketable to the broader Chrono community.

Flarebringer

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 02:15:14 am »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
Don't worry dude, I believe you! Oh, and bye the way *starts whispering* I heard, and you didn't hear this from me, that Square Enix are moving Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest to Xbox 360!

...*Vader no*

Anyways, more analysis FTW! *shot*

uh...I'm divided between Chrono Break and Temporal Freeze (that is a rom hacking app, right?).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 01:25:19 pm »
I voted fanfiction and the lot because I'm more involved with those things as opposed to ROM hacking...but i believe that Temporal Flux is the way of the future. The ability to create good ROM hacks of Chrono Trigger will definately gain more interest than any fanfiction anyone could write.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 11:12:27 am »
it would be awesome to have everyone combine ideas for the possible sequel to Squares Chrono Cross

we could all think up amazing ideas of, how to start it off, and how it would end

MORE techs, specially duels and triples for a numorous amount of characters

i voted for the Chrono Break research because this series is incredibly good, and with the amazing minds on this board, we could most definately come up with something worthwhile for Square

. . . that is, if Square would even READ the a letter, they are probably sick of us fans trying to ressurect something that could already be possibly dead

i won't giv up hope . . . i am writing a letter to the headquarters in Japan very soon in the upcoming weeks

*note* I was going to send the 1 ZeaLITY had up on the Chrono Break page, but suggestions as to what to put in the letter would be a possibility from all.

send me a PM if ur interested after I am finished wit Zealy

Ramsus

Re: wikipedia entry
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 04:31:20 pm »
Quote from: Chronarius
This is probably the single BEST thing to do in terms of accomplishing the first option as to the issue of your "next big thing." So many people, even professors that I've had in the past, are refering others to wikipedia to introduce a new interest. Homestarrunner.com has a whole wikipedia to itself. There is no reason why, what with all the information on this website, the people who run this site should not be able to convince the wikipedia people (or whatever it takes to make one of those) to make a "CHRONO WIKI" or "CHRONO COMPENDIUM WIKI" or whatever would make sense.

In any case, I would cast my vote for this alternative.  Good luck!

The site is a wiki. We use the same software Wikipedia does, except we run a closed editorial system that prevents anonymous users from making changes or registering new wiki accounts.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 05:09:42 am »
Hopefully CB isn't going to be this giant flop filled with emo/metro guys and infinitely weaker gals. Too bad it is. Unless another internal studio makes it. But not the FF:CC one. God, please, no.

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: 3/18/06 - What's next for the Chrono Compendium?
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 10:07:22 am »
Temporal Flux and ROM hacking. That would be awesome