Author Topic: best villian in the SE universe.  (Read 15451 times)

Rat

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
Re: best villian in the SE universe.
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2006, 01:46:56 pm »
I totally didn't understand what you meant for the longest time...I meant "clod" in the more traditional, "he's a clumsy bastard" sense...eh? eh?

So I take it you simply capitalized it to underline how important it is that he is a clod of a Cloud? =P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2006, 02:30:28 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Golbez was a good, classic villian.  I liked him, and his 4 Fiends of Elements.  Rubicant was really...  Unique, I guess you could say.  What other boss restores your health before you fight it?

Weren't the Four Fiends reused from an earlier FF? Or were they reused in FFV? Something like that...I know that they were used more than once (with one or two changed)...Whatever...Sinistrals>Four Fiends...lol

Quote from: Rat
So I take it you simply capitalized it (Clod) to underline how important it is that he is a clod of a Cloud? =P

Nope, just like how I call him Ol' Sephy Head, Clod gets called that because I refuse to call him by his "real" name because he's an idiot and I hate him...he's on par w/my hatred for Yuffie...Damn you FFVII! Damn you and your unlikable characters (except for Vincent)!

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2006, 04:03:16 pm »
Damn dude how could you hate The Great Ninja Yuffie.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2006, 04:26:16 pm »
Good point V_T... Did Lufia rip off FFIV? Who the hell made Lufia anyway?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:35 pm »
Quote from: Matt Shadows
Damn dude how could you hate The Great Ninja Yuffie.

Because the FF series's great ninja is Shadow (FFVI)! Or at least Edge (FFIV)...Yuffie was hardly a ninja at all...

Quote from: Pyt Fumv
Who the hell made Lufia anyway?

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (SNES) - Developed by Neverland, Published by Taito
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES) -  Developed by Neverland, Published by Taito (JP)/Natsume (NA)/Nintendo (EU)
Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC) - Developed by Neverland, Published by Taito (JP), Natsume (NA), Ubisoft (EU)
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore (GBA) - Developed by Neverland, Published by Taito (JP), Atlus (NA)

Ta-da! Go Answers.com/Wikipedia!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 03:32:33 pm by V_Translanka »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29:01 pm »

Quote from: Pyt Fumv
Who the hell made Lufia anyway?
Ta-da! Go Answers.com/Wikipedia!
[/quote]

Yay. That site is like the whole knowledgeable Internet crushed up and put into one place.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2006, 07:59:14 pm »
Why must Clod be stronger than Crono? Where Crono is as powerful as the magic he wields, Clod is only as strong as the Materia he happens to have equipped (and the mastery of said Materia)...Clod is basically using the Chrono Cross system...>_>

I don't think anyone ever said such a thing.  In all likelihood, the opposite is true.  On a related note:

Oh, it's become popular now to hate him and the game he's from...I think it's because people found out I didn't like them and want to be cool like me...Cool

Seriously, get the fuck over yourself.  You're not cool, you're not "deep", you're not particularly intelligent, and you have no reason whatsoever to even suggest that people should want to be like you.  I don't care that it's a joke.  It's spam, and it isn't even funny spam.  It's worthless, trite shit.  You will shut the fuck up, and you will do it NOW.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 08:03:01 pm by Hadriel »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:55 pm »
Ouch...I don't think I've ever seen you get mad like that before, Hadriel. Final Fantasy is a touchy subject out here in the great world of intarweb foryms. Don't take V's comments too personally; being irreverent is just his style.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2006, 11:44:06 pm »
Why must Clod be stronger than Crono? Where Crono is as powerful as the magic he wields, Clod is only as strong as the Materia he happens to have equipped (and the mastery of said Materia)...Clod is basically using the Chrono Cross system...>_>

I don't think anyone ever said such a thing.  In all likelihood, the opposite is true.  On a related note:

Oh, it's become popular now to hate him and the game he's from...I think it's because people found out I didn't like them and want to be cool like me...Cool

Seriously, get the fuck over yourself.  You're not cool, you're not "deep", you're not particularly intelligent, and you have no reason whatsoever to even suggest that people should want to be like you.  I don't care that it's a joke.  It's spam, and it isn't even funny spam.  It's worthless, trite shit.  You will shut the fuck up, and you will do it NOW.
Dude, don't ever question my "god". (Real God, Please Don't Punish Me, It's just a website and I don't really mean it.) V IS cool. I don't like Clod any more.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2006, 12:35:41 am »
Ouch...I don't think I've ever seen you get mad like that before, Hadriel. Final Fantasy is a touchy subject out here in the great world of intarweb foryms. Don't take V's comments too personally; being irreverent is just his style.

I'm just bitter this week.  I don't even know why.  I just feel like kicking the shit out of someone.

Maybe it has something to do with the coke fiends I met last night.  I hope the cops got their dumb asses.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2006, 12:48:27 am »
Your aquaintance with these so called "coke fiends" does not give you the rights to degrade Vs coolness. Although you had a rough night it does not mean you can hurt others. WTF am I saying. Beat who ever stands in your way. Just not V_Translanka.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2006, 02:53:49 am »
Golbez and General Leo are NOTHING alike.  :shock:

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2006, 09:00:21 am »
Golbez and General Leo are NOTHING alike.  :shock:

Who said that?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2006, 03:41:51 pm »
Quote from: Hadriel

O_o Okay...I know I'm not cool...that was the point of the joke...It was so ludicrous of me to think of myself as cool because of the fact that everyone knows that I am not...not to mention the rediculous suppositions I made...I know it's not a very good joke (but what jokes that I make are?)...And honestly, I don't even dislike FFVII that much...it's far too faded in my memory...I just remember not liking Clod & the Yuffster...Huh...that's a goodie...I never made a lil nick for Yuffie...So, sorry if I offended your greater sensibilities...I know no boundries and no morals. I am a horrible person who deserves to be tortured, burned, and peeled w/a potato peeler. And for that, I apologize, because I think you are cool.

And I'm totally weirded out by Matt Shadows defending me...I didn't spam all 2000 of these posts, y'know! >_> Mostly...I dont' think...

As for topics for the topic's sake...I think that the main villain in BoF3 was pretty interesting...although I guess it's more or less the same in all of the BoF games? Man, I need to get through 2...and maybe I should replay 1...*shrugs* It was an interesting take...And the whole Teepo thing was interesting too...and, yes, I only just now realized that BoF was Capcom...*dunce*

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:10 pm »
That is true. From whether or not Cloud (Clod?) is masculine or just emo, to who's going to bang Rinoa first, Final Fantasy creates war amongst people.