Author Topic: best villian in the SE universe.  (Read 15548 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: best villian in the SE universe.
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2006, 01:37:04 am »
It had nothing to do with Final Fantasy.  It had more to do with unfunny jokes.

I swear I've somehow inherited my girlfriend's period.  That makes me wonder if periods can be sexually transmitted.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2006, 01:52:03 am »
Are your male parts bleeding? or are you just PMSin'

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2006, 03:39:20 am »
Golbez and General Leo are NOTHING alike.  :shock:

Who said that?
After I said a post calling Golbez a good, classic villan, you said "Every FF game seems to have a villain like that - they're not really the 'evil' type, but they're you're enemy anyway. Like General Leo, in FFVI."

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2006, 04:03:41 am »
General Leo's Exception apparently holds for every game.  Hell, sometimes you even get them in your party, if only briefly.  Then again, for every General Leo there's a Reeve Tuesti.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2006, 06:19:35 am »
I really don't see the appeal in this whole Lavos Fetish going around in the Compendium. He isn't cool. Though he has a whole mysterious aura, that doesn't really make him a good villain. He strikes me as a parasite, a blob. Nothing else. He doesn't strike me as an awesome, emotion driven, personality filled character. But that is just me. Kefka was an awesome boss, as was Kuja. Ultimecia was pretty crap too, but her whole "ball of light instead of a face" thing was awesome. The greatest villain was, undoubtedly, Bahamut in FF8 (thought he might not be considered an enemy by some). His whole "we are more scared of you than you of us" makes you wonder...what sissy dragons.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2006, 09:22:43 am »
Ouch...I don't think I've ever seen you get mad like that before, Hadriel. Final Fantasy is a touchy subject out here in the great world of intarweb foryms. Don't take V's comments too personally; being irreverent is just his style.
That is true. From whether or not Cloud (Clod?) is masculine or just emo, to who's going to bang Rinoa first, Final Fantasy creates war amongst people.

Very agreed. Just play the games, enjoy them, and don't argue. That's what a lot of people need to be told.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2006, 10:19:27 pm »
Ouch...I don't think I've ever seen you get mad like that before, Hadriel. Final Fantasy is a touchy subject out here in the great world of intarweb foryms. Don't take V's comments too personally; being irreverent is just his style.
That is true. From whether or not Cloud (Clod?) is masculine or just emo, to who's going to bang Rinoa first, Final Fantasy creates war amongst people.

Very agreed. Just play the games, enjoy them, and don't argue. That's what a lot of people need to be told.

I'm not saying we shouldn't argue. (Goodness gracious; do you even read my posts?!) Games can be a serious thing; they're not simply mundane entertainment. They are an art form, a medium of self-expression, a vehicle for the communication of ideas...they can have a deep impact on our lives!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2006, 03:24:23 am »
Right on Lord J, games are an artform, as much as movies or music is. However, games like...oh, NARC don't help our cause.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:26 am »
Funny, no one mentioned Krelian yet…

Hard to pick just one villain though.  There were so may I truly enjoyed going up against, and for so many reasons.  If I had to narrow it down to the top few, I think it would have to go a little something like this:

Most Potential:  Xehanort
Those not wanting aspects of KH2 spoiled for them would be wise to skip this one
A newcomer to the S-E universe, Xehanort is fascinating to me due the fact that we’ve fought aspects of him in three KH games (his Heartless in KH1, his shadow in KH: CoM and his Nobody in KH2) now, and we still know next to nothing about him.  And though he has brought the worlds into chaos twice and played not one, not two, not three, but four keybearers into doing his will, the World of Light has yet to deal with the actual man himself. Some might consider it a bit of a copout that Square has used him three times now, but I cant shake the feeling that they are building to something truly epic with Xehanort, and I cant wait to see what it is.
Ok, its safe now.

Most Successful: Lavos
This one is a no brainer.  Lavos didn’t almost destroy the world (like say, Sephiroth) didn’t brag about its lofty goal and ultimately unattainable goal (Ultimecia), didn’t pine for a power that would eventually destroy it (Gestahl), and was not the puppet of some greater mind or ’higher purpose’ (Golbez, Sin, Eve, Sephiroth’s forgettable clones from Advent Children), and was beholden to no force greater than itself to accomplish its goals (Classic Garland, Kuja)  Where other villains talk, posture, and scheme, Lavos just kept its extraterrestrial mouth shut and ended the human (and demi-human) race once they had served its purpose.  It won.  This is not speculation or prophecy.  It is history.  It happened.  It was not something that could be prevented by any means… save for time travel.

Though an argument can be made for the Time Devourer becoming even greater threat eventually, all I remember him doing was casting a bunch of powerful status-affecting elements, making him about as big a threat as Necron really.  When it comes to actually getting the business of evil done, the TD was a disappointment.  So lets just stick with Lavos.

Most Evil: Kefka
The Original Wicked Clown.  His garbled, 16-but laughter will follow me to my dying day.  He set fire to a castle to find one woman.  He poisoned a kingdom because it was faster.  He committed whole genocide against the Espers.  He killed the emperor out of convenience.  He re-arranged the face of the planet, killing who know how many people just because.  Lavos may have gotten more done, and yes Kefka eventually lost.  But the insanity!  The complete lack of morals!  That outfit!  Evil in its most pure, crazy form.  

Honorable Mentions:
Most “Classic”: Golbez.

Most Overrated:  Sephiroth.
Yes he was good, but not as good as everyone makes him out to be.  And for the love of Mog, can we please keep him out of KH3?  How many times do I have to kill him, really?  Ballpark figure?  Anyone?

Necrosaro (DW IV)
The idea that he becomes, for all intents and purposes, the Devil by using the Secret of Evolution just tickles me for some reason.  The fact that he made the transformation because of a girl makes me laugh out loud.

Deus
God is dead!  And I killed him! Nuff said.

Worse Villian:  Carltron
No.  Just, no.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:34:44 am by Silvercry »

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2006, 03:54:20 am »
Most Overrated:  Sephiroth.
Yes he was good, but not as good as everyone makes him out to be.  And for the love of Mog, can we please keep him out of KH3?  How many times do I have to kill him, really?  Ballpark figure?  Anyone?

I say replace him with Magus - Sehpiroth's had his run. Don't think SE would agree with me, though.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:44 am »
Magus in KH3 would make me crap my pants.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2006, 04:51:12 am »
Magus in KH3 would make me crap my pants.

I shall use that information to stun you in the midst of robbing your house.

*harp music, bubbly daydream outline*

Josh: This is a stick-up! Give me all your loot!
Sentenal: Stuff it! Ima exercise my second amendment rights on yo' ass!
Josh: Oh, what's this? I hear Magus is gonna be in KH3.
Sentenal: Oh, crap!

*harp music, outline disappears*

Then again, my plan might backfire if your wallet is still in your pants at the time. I don't think I'd want to steal it then.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2006, 05:15:31 am »
Pretty much any SE character from any series other than FF in KH3 would be welcome.  Expect Chu-chu.  God, I hated Chu-chu.

Magus would be awesome indeed. But you know who would be better?  Id.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2006, 09:36:17 am »
Right on Lord J, games are an artform, as much as movies or music is. However, games like...oh, NARC don't help our cause.

Do not say bad things about NARC!!11!!1!!!! >:|

That DVD can fly like a sparrow!

What, wasn't that what the game was all about?

p.s. bad joke >.>

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:39 pm »
Warning! Spoilers ahead!

The crazy clown dude from DQVIII (What's his name, Doulmagus? I think I spelled his name wrong.)

He was really creepy, and plus the fact that no matter how hard you try, he always kills the people you try to save. Add the fact that he really isn't the evil guy, mix in some other people suddenly becoming evil and you get the real bad guy...

Resputain(Yeah yeah yeah, I know, misspelled)

He was a great evil that the original seven heroes sealed away. And now you have to defeat him yourself. blah blah blah, go play the game.