Author Topic: Recommended SNES RPGs  (Read 6005 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Recommended SNES RPGs
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 06:53:18 pm »
About FF3, I have the NES rom. I thought it was good, until I lost my file... :(

And as for FF9, its my fav FF! I know VII is the best in terms of plot and characters, but FF9 is just so damn cool. :)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 11:30:12 pm »
FF9 has a great story & an excellent musicial score. But sadly, most people don't like the overall looks of the game. I played it myself & I don't see any problems with it.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 07:18:07 am »
Same here! It was underestimated when FF became all sci-fi and stuff, e.g. FF7 and 8. FF9 is basically a retro FF in 3D. Which rocks :D

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 07:32:57 am »
FF9 is big change for the FF series. Most FF has serious storyline & as for the FF9, it combines a fairytale like elements with life & death situations.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 07:37:42 am »
I liked the plot, not too serious, but still had the crazed, flamboyant, "I'm an invincible god!" villain. Rumor has it Kuja was a girl in the japanese version...

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 07:47:21 am »
Kuja is a girl? Well he's too girly for his look.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 08:51:09 am »
Just a rumor, though... Anyways, what was your fav part of FF9?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 09:07:27 am »
Ah, my favourite part! Possibly the Bahamut FMV's, or the time Kuju defeats you in the rain
Necron is pretty awesome too.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 10:41:17 am »
Um... That was Beatrix who defeats you. Kuja just appears afterwards and says some lines, then you see an FMV of him bein' all smug and flying away on his Silver Dragon.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2006, 10:45:51 am »
Inside Memoria. It represents their collective memories of most playable characters. I also like the Bahamut vs. Alexander scene.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 10:53:41 am »
If you're looking for a good, quick game, with easy leveling up, humor, and an intriguing battling system, go get Bahamut Lagoon with the translation patch. Only downside is that it is extremely linear.

FFI is great in my opinion. I didn't care for FF2/4. FF3/6 we're both excellent (since FF6 was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played). FF5 is the first game to really add interesting twists to the game with the class system and whatnot. FF7 is hands down the best. FF8 is a nice game, because it's easy to stock up on magic, which makes the rest of the game easier. FF9 is my second favorite PSX one, partially because the game is beautiful and I really liked the story line of it. FFX and XI and X-2 don't have much say in my book, as I've only played FFX. After that, my interest in FF sort of dropped.

Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma are both wonderful RPGs. Breath of Fire I and II are both some of my favorites. The Dragon Quest series has some good games in it. Any Zelda.

Oh, and I'm hurt that this hasn't been mentioned before. But Super Mario RPG? Oh, and if you have a 64, get a copy of Paper Mario. It's similar, but not quite as fun.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 10:58:01 am »
My fav FF9 bit... has to be where you go to Dali and find the factory in what seems like a peaceful little village. Then you get on the cargo ship and Vivi burns the Black Waltz III's ship! I love it!

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 01:16:49 pm »
If you're looking for a good, quick game, with easy leveling up, humor, and an intriguing battling system, go get Bahamut Lagoon with the translation patch. Only downside is that it is extremely linear.

FFI is great in my opinion. I didn't care for FF2/4. FF3/6 we're both excellent (since FF6 was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played). FF5 is the first game to really add interesting twists to the game with the class system and whatnot. FF7 is hands down the best. FF8 is a nice game, because it's easy to stock up on magic, which makes the rest of the game easier. FF9 is my second favorite PSX one, partially because the game is beautiful and I really liked the story line of it. FFX and XI and X-2 don't have much say in my book, as I've only played FFX. After that, my interest in FF sort of dropped.

Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma are both wonderful RPGs. Breath of Fire I and II are both some of my favorites. The Dragon Quest series has some good games in it. Any Zelda.

Oh, and I'm hurt that this hasn't been mentioned before. But Super Mario RPG? Oh, and if you have a 64, get a copy of Paper Mario. It's similar, but not quite as fun.

Did they ever translated Bahamut Lagoon to english? The first time I played it was a japanese version.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 01:27:58 pm »
Not officially, but Dejap translated it for us and supplied an IPS patch.

http://www.dejap.com/bl.php

They also have several other games that they've translated into English.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2006, 01:32:56 pm »
I did mention Super Mario RPG but yeah, shame that it wasn't mentioned more. Paper Mario is nothing compared to it though, IMO.