Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171397 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2008, 01:54:05 pm »
genius.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2008, 02:25:34 pm »
People who join one's Age of Empires II game who

- ask for a team game when it is advertised as 1v1
- ask to "just build a city" in an inherently agressive game that is advertsied as such
- ask for a no CD crack when you don't have it and then quit 3 minutes into the game
- ask to save a game for restoration because they didn't have the foresight or honesty to acknowledge they couldn't play through a whole game and who then disappear, leaving the game unfinished
- think the game is a scenario despite being advertised otherwise
- drop out of the game midway through with no explanation
- resign because they can't be bothered to come back from losing without tributing their resources or a final massive attack
- those who expect help because they play stupidly who then don't help in return and/or complain when one doesn't because it would leave one vulnerable on their own front
- usually those who are Spanish [speakers]

Then of course there's those who are sore losers, bad winners, complain about acceptable tactics, those with ridiculous pings and those who refuse to play one because they assume one is not a 'noob' or 'rook' and they don't like playing games they'll learn from the most just because they'll lose.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2008, 01:18:30 am »
Stuff I hate...?
My ChronoCross disc isn't working any more.

EDIT: Woowho, another victory to Fred Myers. I just bought a CD cleaning/scratch fixer-upper and it works.

EDIT2: Damn it all to Hell I can't find the PS1 memory card!!!

Sold my PS2 yesterday for the price I wanted, after three months trying to find someone willing to buy it. Hooray!

got a memory card not long after, but now PS2 stopped working the sec he posted that.

why god, why? :(

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2008, 04:22:57 pm »
I despise the smugness of economists. They think they know every little damn common sense thing about how the world works. Well congratulations; you really blew the lid off human greed. They make it sound like utter laissez-fare and free trade will somehow benefit everyone despite the fact that there are hostile regimes on this earth, black markets, and other serious, serious pitfalls in economic and financial systems in many countries. But because economists have this veneer of being the ultimate common sense wizards, economics has to be respected like a gospel unto its own self. It is a tool and facet of human advancement like any other system.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2008, 05:01:35 pm »
DAMN STRAIGHT, ZeaLitY!

Part of the problem, I think, is that economic leaders are "too far from the forest to see the trees," so to speak. Fed chairmen, WTO representatives, and other econ policy crafters live in a world of formulas, and cannot feel the raw pang of hunger or the mental anguish of drowning in debt. It is a theoretical academic truth that free trade will be a net benefit in the long run perhaps, but they are utterly detached from the economic tragedies that are befalling the everywoman and everyman in the short run. And it's not just the US -- the First World will fall together until our standards of living match that of the typical Chinese worker. That's where this is going, and I fear the average Chinese worker's standard of living isn't rising as fast as ours is falling.

If I ever get where I want to in life, I'll be damn sure that I get input from randomly selected middle class families. That's the only way I can think of, other than having one's paycheck tied to the median income, that a policymaker can truly know whether the trajectory of prevailing policy is beneficial to the median citizen.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2008, 05:41:10 pm »
I usually despise 10-15 year old kids.  They think they know everything and think they're so much better then everyone else.  I even had one go to me:

"I'm invincible"
"Why?"
"Because i'm 13"

I wanted to take a gun to his head and be like, feel invincible now?

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2008, 06:34:40 pm »
I usually despise 10-15 year old kids.  They think they know everything and think they're so much better then everyone else.  I even had one go to me:

"I'm invincible"
"Why?"
"Because i'm 13"

I wanted to take a gun to his head and be like, feel invincible now?

It's the springtime of youth, baby.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2008, 07:33:43 pm »
I hate Morgan Lujan, he's some fat sack of shit at my school. He macks with all the women. He's failing most of his classes. He wont drop out because he wants to be with my best friend, who he has abused before.

I want to kill that son of a bitch.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2008, 08:02:26 pm »
DST...I totally forgot about it until right now at 4PM (which I had thought was 3PM)...I just lost a whole freakin HOUR!!! V_V Human concepts of time are ridiculous...

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2008, 09:10:53 pm »
V_V Human concepts of time are ridiculous...
You can go ahead and blame William Willett for that...

kritterpher

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:48 pm »
I hate brothers
      kebrel

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2008, 12:18:36 pm »
Literal brothers or the slang form of "brothers"?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »
I hate some people at our school.  Completely out of nowhere they started picking on my friend (I have no idea why...there's no reasoning at all for it) and he pretty much almost braught a gun to school because they did it for 2 weeks.  The school is retarded when it comes to helping out students, they'd rather have them suffer then help.  Thank god a friend of his talked him out of it.  I'm always so worried for him =/

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2008, 03:19:16 pm »
yeah, your friend might need some psychiatric help to ensure he doesn't go on a rampage down the road.

but i agree - the american school system doesn't usually apply to individual needs, causing the single entity to pretty much end up screwed.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2008, 03:22:47 pm »
Ya.  He does have alot of physical problems.  For example right now:

Ingrown Toenail
Bell's Palsy
Back Pain
Cut up arm

I'm not sure entirely how he is on a psychiatric level.  He's pretty stable from what i've seen and from what he's told me.  (Pretty much tells me everything).  Coulda just been a bad day.  Either way, I watch over him like a hawk to make sure he doens't do something he'll regret later on down the road.