Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171399 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2007, 01:52:16 pm »
Every show ends up having a few 'bad eggs', Doctor Who's 'Love & Monsters' being one of these (in which a popular comedian was used with a half-assed plot to gain ratings).

Hm... something I hate... People who allow their freedom to be dictated, and those who drink and smoke excessively, which just destroys them mentally, as I see it.

hotspot

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Breaker of wooden writing utensils
    • View Profile
    • Suikocross
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2007, 01:59:04 pm »
One thing that annoys me is tv commercials about a resturant that isn't even by you, for example i see commercials about a resturant called sonic but i have never seen one or heard of it anywhere i don't think there are any sonics in new york they also do this with dairy queen there are no dairy queens in new york but there are dairy queens in new jersey and sometimes i go to new jersey to go to my grandma's trailer that she has there(she doesnt live there thought) so i'm okay with the dairy queen commercials.

i hate the tv show 12 oz mouse  the drawings are absolutly horrible i don't know how it even became a tv show!

I hate it when people say mean things about a tv show or video game that i like.
I also hate monkeys i think they are ugly and stupid and annoying i absolutley hate monkeys!
I also hate my father because he is mean and he always picks on me.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2007, 05:06:59 pm »
I hate how american dubs ruin every good anime show their is.
I hate people that pick on others for who they are!  (That just happened to one of my friends yesterday!  Oh, the bitching at the dude was fun i'll say that.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2007, 01:57:44 am »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Rick Astley. His 80s music blows. After '86, it seems like the synthpop / rock sound was commercialized and custom-fitted for worthless singers who did not play their own instruments or compose their own songs and lyrics. The late 80s is is continually disappointing in terms of its music. Rick Astley is like a huge poster child of the trend.

ENGLISH CORNER:

I had this drilled into my mind in Junior English, so I'll pass it on. Continually means most of the time. Continuously means all of the time. Use this distinction to your advantage and erudition.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2007, 02:58:42 am »
You're wrong on that one, Z.

"Continuous" describes to an uninterrupted interval; something that happens without diversion. "The alarm blared continuously as Fox News continuously spewed out the most egregious bullshit imaginable."

"Continual" describes something that occurs repeatedly over time. "I continually threw up as Fox News continually trumped its utterly egregious bullshit with bullshit even steamier and meatier than anyone had ever before conceived."

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2007, 03:08:55 am »
Well, the idea was right in my head, at least; the translation to text was not successful. I'm just thankful you weren't arguing in favor if Rick Astley!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2007, 03:15:02 am »
I'll tell you something I hate: Rupert Murdoch. If it weren't for Rupert , we wouldn't even have Fox News, or at least it wouldn't have its American conservative slant...it'd probably just have the corporate bias that CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and all the others have. Disgusting, really, not to mention his politics are...unpleasant.

I also find Ann Coulter despicable, a pure representation of opposing my social views entirely.

EDIT: I also hate that no other forum type warns you of new posts while you're typing up a reply. It's such a useful feature!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:23 pm »
I hate how our own people (read: liberals) want us out of Iraq. I'd expect this stuff from Iraqis, but not true and blue Americans. Heh, shows you what free speach does for a country.

I also hate how I'm like the only Conservative on this forum.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2007, 11:16:04 pm »
I hate how our own people (read: liberals) want us out of Iraq. I'd expect this stuff from Iraqis, but not true and blue Americans. Heh, shows you what free speach does for a country.

I also hate how I'm like the only Conservative on this forum.
I hate how people are so easily fooled by propaganda on any side of any political debate.

I also hate the war in Iraq. It was completely unfounded and has singlehandedly produced more terrorists than any other action the United States has taken in the past twenty years has. It's done the exact opposite of what it was intended to do, has harmed our country financially, and it has killed so many innocent civilians in Iraq and caused unnecessary losses of life amongst our military forces.

I also hate how people don't understand just how tragically chaotic Iraq really is. The situation was kept in check by Hussein. A horrible leader? You betcha. But at least he kept everyone from killing each other. Women were treated properly, were able to get educations and whatnot. It was not a great place, to be sure. He commited atrocities, yes, but under his reign things were at least stable. I don't see Iraq becoming stable for another two decades thanks to our idiocy now.

I also hate that Osama Bin Laden has yet to be caught, and could have been had we not shifted our main focus from Afghanistan.

Hell even in Afghanistan we're not doing things properly, though at least more international forces are involved there.

I also hate that this has made me break my vow of debating politics on a forum outside of NationStates.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2007, 11:24:15 pm »
I hate College Board.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2007, 11:47:45 pm »

I hate people who think that freedom of speech is for people who agree with them.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2007, 11:58:19 pm »

I hate people who think that freedom of speech is for people who agree with them.
I hate any censoring of any speech whatsoever. That's what freedom of speech means. It has nothing to do with protecting speech you like. Hitler was for speech he liked, as was Stalin. But for speech they didn't like, they were against.

Sure, I hate hearing racist comments, or ignorant, baseless political opinions such as nightmare975's, but I'll be damned if I won't protect their right to say it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #312 on: March 20, 2007, 12:11:53 am »

I hate any censoring of any speech whatsoever. That's what freedom of speech means. It has nothing to do with protecting speech you like. Hitler was for speech he liked, as was Stalin. But for speech they didn't like, they were against.

Sure, I hate hearing racist comments, or ignorant, baseless political opinions such as nightmare975's, but I'll be damned if I won't protect their right to say it.

That's the point. Freedom of speech exists soley to protect unpopular speech, because popular speech needs no protection. nightmare975 resents "liberals" protesting the war in Iraq. Good. His hearing things he resents means that freedom of speech is working. You hate nightmare975's conservative venting? Good. Your reading things you hate means freedom of speech is working.

Dissent is relative.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2007, 12:15:55 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
That's the point. Freedom of speech exists soley to protect unpopular speech, because popular speech needs no protection. nightmare975 resents "liberals" protesting the war in Iraq. Good. His hearing things he resents means that freedom of speech is working. You hate nightmare975's conservative venting? Good. Your reading things you hate means freedom of speech is working.

Dissent is relative.
Indeed. I was agreeing with you and adding on to your points, not dissenting. I hate it when I can't phrase a forum post correctly.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2007, 12:30:04 am »
I hate America. Why? Because I can. I love free speech, just not hate speech. I hate the fact that still in the south, a black man can still be discriminated, I hate how people can waltz around and promote racism. I hate a lot of things, hell I hate half the people on this forum.

Humanity as a whole sucks. Why? Because we have the technology to make life better, but we spend our time building armies and nuclear weapons. We wage wars over nothing, humanity should be at peace with one another, instead we hate eachother because of stupid beliefs and shit like that. That's why humanity will kill themselves off.

Oh, and for hating me, Kyronea, I hate you.

And I also hate you Radical_Dreamer, I never said I thought free speach was for people who agreed with me, I said our hating of our own troops and president reflects on the rest of the world. This is why Democracy doesn't spread, people see and hear us using free speach to hate our fellow brothers. Would you want your country running around like that? Neither would I.

You know what? Let me just end it with I hate everyone, everything and anything that will exist. I hate hate, hate hates me. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE!