Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171544 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2006, 09:30:13 pm »
I hate abrasive little Type-A bastards. The kind that wire themselves on caffeine, skimp on sleep, act arrogantly to all, cannot sit still, must outperform others, must achieve over expected requirements, must command arguments, engage in debate frivolously, try to dominate relationships with others, and generally behave like incessant high-enegy morons. They can all go to Type-B hell, where they'll be forced to stand atop a mountain and reflect upon life while not being allowed to move an inch for an entire hour.

I hate use of the word "auto" in place of vehicle or car. "Auto" sounds like prissy Eurotrash vernacular. In America, we make Detroit Iron, damnit! Cars! Trucks! Vans! Not "autos"!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2006, 09:43:27 pm »
For your information I have ADHD. I take that as an insult.

Though I do wish I could reflect on top of a mountain. That would be an all time high for me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2006, 10:15:17 pm »
Type-A has nothing to do with ADHD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2006, 10:33:07 pm »
Still me. I guess I'm both.

Celesti

• Z - Defunct - Guru of Guinness
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • Drowning In Cliches
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2006, 04:19:44 am »

I hate large groups of people. The larger a group of people get, the more collectively irrational and stupid they become. 

Perhaps thats why I too hate religion.  That is not to say I hate faith, but the intstitutionalization of it in a group prevents the individual from making his own personal decisons on it.

I hate the direction the U.S. government is headed for lately. Look for national i.d. cards and suspention of habeus corpus on the whim of the president in the near future!

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2006, 10:54:20 pm »
I hate Google's plan to buy Youtube!  I think Google is trying integrate Youtube to expand its search engine or something.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2006, 10:57:50 pm »
I hate Google's plan to buy Youtube!  I think Google is trying integrate Youtube to expand its search engine or something.
Seriously? Sweet! I've always wanted this to happen. Google Videos + YouTube = Awesome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2006, 12:49:50 am »
Google needs to because it's Video section seriously sucks bawls energy drink...only not that cool...

sumpissdkid

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2006, 01:14:36 am »
I hate My sister. Can you feel the reality that makes you bleed until you can't vomit anymore.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2006, 02:00:23 am »
I hate My sister. Can you feel the reality that makes you bleed until you can't vomit anymore.

I beg your pardon? That's a hell of a first post to the Chrono Compendium.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2006, 02:29:48 am »
I hate large groups of people. The larger a group of people get, the more collectively irrational and stupid they become.

I would have agreed with you at one point. The so-called "mob mentality" is a very strong factor in the collective intelligence of groups of humans, and the bigger the group, the worse and more simplistic its critical reasoning becomes. Real intelligence tends to be destructive--because real intelligence is difficult both to obtain and to acknowledge in others--whereas emotion and hearsay are amplified considerably.

Therefore, all else being equal, I think you may be right. However, there are other factors that influence group intelligence, which can compensate, to a degree, for the "dumbening" effect. I would suppose most of these factors trace back to either intelligence itself, or discipline.

I'm not disagreeing, or arguing...kinda just adding to your point, with a point of my own.

Perhaps thats why I too hate religion.  That is not to say I hate faith, but the intstitutionalization of it in a group prevents the individual from making his own personal decisons on it.

You have it backwards. Faith is what is dangerous--religious faith especially. Institutionalized religion is a symptom of faith. Indeed, organized religion is probably a lot less virulent than the personal spirituality that many people might develop on their own, were they so inclined.

I hate the direction the U.S. government is headed for lately. Look for national i.d. cards and suspention of habeus corpus on the whim of the president in the near future!

National ID cards are a good idea, but you're right that we don't want Republicans writing the legislation for it. We need to have one hell of a long, frank discussion about how these cards will and will not be used.

As for habeus corpus, it's toast...as you well know, since you bothered to mention it.

November 7, baby!

ZeaLitY, baby, fetch the good champagne! Drinks for all, on me! November 8. Win or lose, in this political environment we're gonna want 'em.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2006, 02:54:23 am »
I vote for

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2006, 03:08:15 am »
National ID cards are a good idea, but you're right that we don't want Republicans writing the legislation for it. We need to have one hell of a long, frank discussion about how these cards will and will not be used.

How exactly are National ID cards a good idea? Even though they are made of plastic, they are still essentially one's papers.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2006, 03:34:04 am »
Lord J, you're just jealous because sumpissdkid just posted one of the most quotable things in a long ass time. :lol:

I hate when things that should, don't have an easy-open seal of some kind. I mean, c'mon.

CONVENIENCE ME DAMMIT!!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2006, 03:46:26 am »
That is pretty quotable. It's like, gutterally emo. Yes, gutterally isn't a word.