Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 168083 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1710 on: September 28, 2012, 10:40:47 am »
That sucks.  ><  I just got better from a cold a few days ago.  It started out as a cold, then turned into a nightmare with a sore throat, nausea, and a high fever.  I hope that doesn't happen to you, and I hope you get better soon.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 28, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »
Thank you.
It is just too tissue consuming I guess. >_>

Ninja 4 Hire

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 29, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »
Ingrown toenails. They hurt...bad.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 22, 2012, 07:06:48 pm »
Phew. Been real busy lately. Sorry for not posting much. Gonna be doing my best to keep up here this next month.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1714 on: November 09, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »
I've been working my ass off for years, working several times harder than any normal person in order to develop myself as much as I can, intellectually (in various modes), personality wise, and especially linguistically. So, I took another test for Dyslexia to see how much I've progressed, and...

....I still freaking have it present, hindering my learning capabilities. *sigh*

Screw life. 

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1715 on: December 02, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »
It's time to revisit a very ugly period of my life. There's no guarantee that this will make anything better for me, or worse for the individual who caused me such harm. But I must do it anyway.

I hate that I'm in the position I'm in. I hate every part of it.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 17, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1717 on: December 26, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »
Mom. Chronic Glaucoma...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1718 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:00 am »
I am less hateful about this than I am more frightened.

One of my younger cousins is displaying lack of empathy, and more traits of developed psychopathy.

I say "Psychopathy" rather than "Sociopathy" because the child's parents are good people, and I see very few errors in their teaching methods. But there's no denying that the environment has had a play in developing his traits. Of course, my brother and other parents around him inform the child's parents to "hit him for misbehaving" (because they are idiots) and being as much authoritarian as possible so as to cripple his will (again, because they are idiots), but that would only help progress the destructive attributes he already possesses.

I have tried in bringing stability into the child's character, and have succeeded in some ways, but I alone cannot eclipse what the environment stimulates in him.

If my beliefs are true, I will prevail in proving that sociopaths aren't exactly "monsters", but only individuals with a specific mental illness that can be cured for the betterment of society. This is going to put all my ability and knowledge and potential to test, and I may have to find professional help eventually.

That said, the child and I actually have an incredibly bonding like no other. He looks up to me as a role model, and this raises my self-expectations to help model the child into a better person.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1719 on: February 23, 2013, 01:58:53 pm »
Can't get Tourist's Visa because I'm not wealthy enough (even if someone's actually "sponsoring" me).

I'm tired of the world being run by "money" alone... You need money to "earn" money. I can understand that you need money to travel, but you also apparently need money to prove that you're travelling, and you need money to get money to buy that proof too. And you need money to purchase buying privileges

Though, it's not the world entirely that's at fault; I do blame most Indians who forced these rules and regulations to such severity into being (and these Indians did that by actually breaking the law). When you have money, you're elevated; when you don't, no matter how accomplished or honest you are, suddenly you're surrounded by concrete walls from all sides. It feels suffocating enough to "live" like that.

WerderChile

• Porrean (+50)
  • This be our finest battle...
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1720 on: February 23, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »
I hate don't have enough time to do things!  :o

milkjamjuice

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:31 am »
I hate don't have enough time to do things!  :o

Word.  That and personally, my time management is AWFUL.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 08, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »
I happened to see a scoring document for a medical school. This is what their admission committee uses for ranking applicants. They had things broken down, with certain traits or accomplishments garnering certain points (med schools like accepting doctors from underprivileged backgrounds, so, for example, you got more points if neither of your parents completed high school than if only one of them did, and more than if both of them did).

Having a Ph.D. was listed. It was "worth" as much as being the president of a major student organization in undergrad. A good letter of recommendation was worth more.

To be clear, being smarter than the entire admissions committee combined wasn't considered to be very valuable. Yeah, the medical profession is reeeeaaaaally great.

M.D./Ph.D. doctors are the absolute best kind of doctors, far better than regular M.D.'s Medschools should be shitting their pants when a Ph.D. applies to their program.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1723 on: March 12, 2013, 04:46:15 pm »
Having a Ph.D. was listed. It was "worth" as much as being the president of a major student organization in undergrad. A good letter of recommendation was worth more.

To be clear, being smarter than the entire admissions committee combined wasn't considered to be very valuable. Yeah, the medical profession is reeeeaaaaally great.

Take a trip to India once a while. It's worse: though your scores matter, medical colleges will barely admit you in unless an unreasonable amount of "donation" or bribe is given. It doesn't even matter if you're a highly qualified Bachelors (above all other fellow students), or whatever.

Most parents who raise these brilliant children function at 15k to 30k income per month (with barely enough for savings, unless you moderate your expenditures really well). The illegal donations? They rise up to over 10,000,000 Rs per admission...

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:02 am »
I hate terrorists.  I hate their arrogance.  I hate their cowardice.  I hate their petty acts of vengeance.  I hate them for the lives they destroy in their fruitless quest for relevance.  Most of all, I hate them for the fact that they will continue to exist thanks to a world devoid of empathy and reason.

:picardno