Author Topic: Unverified statements about Chrono Break (tracking them down)  (Read 651 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
* However, there has been no new Chrono title to date, and it is rumored that poor Japanese sales of Chrono Cross are to blame.
* Chrono Cross has not been officially released in PAL territories; Square has cited a combination of economic and technical expenses involved with formatting the game as the cause.
* The Chrono Break trademark still stands in Japan.

We need to verify these or find the sources. I tried Japan's governmental trademark search engine, but I couldn't even find Square Enix, let alone any Chrono game (it's an English search).

ClayAKAMe

Re: Unverified statements about Chrono Break (tracking them down)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:48:45 am »
Well Chrono Cross wasn't all that good but that's just my opinion. Square Enix maybe worried that when they release a new game in the Chrono series people will look back at CC and think well if this wasn't that good of a game then the next won't be any better but if they give it a try I can bet Square will prove 'em all wrong.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 02:50:58 am »
and I'm sure when they re-release those 16 games they may get the money to at least support the new Chrono project

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 03:21:58 am »
Get this. I just fell victim to that Chrono Glance crap. should've checked the date

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 07:52:33 pm »
Okay, Chrono Brake still exists in Japan.

http://www3.ipdl.ncipi.go.jp/cgi-bin/ET/ep_search.cgi

To find the Chrono Brake patent, search "Japanese Trademark Database" for "chronobrake". Click Index to find the result, and click the result.

NEED TO FIND CITES FOR THE OTHER TWO!