Author Topic: What is Lucca really....  (Read 6584 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: What is Lucca really....
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 05:51:26 pm »
Pre-Mystic War Magus might toast you for crossing his path, but Janus doesn't have the edge yet, and postwar Magus (as he was intended to be characterized) is a smooth operator. Serge knocked Magil's mask off and was backhanded for it, but nothing serious.

I knew I'd mistaken as soon as I said that. Bloody stupid me. I am one of the biggest supporters of the more suave, proud nobleman Janus... I don't know what possessed me to say that of him. Janus, as his true name, does mean his character before his affiliation with the Mystics, and after his journey with Crono. And you're right, in both of those situations, his character wouldn't be quite so caustic. Honestly, I think the reason I thought that at the moment was recalling his nature when you talk to him at the end of time, when he tells you 'you got whacked cause you're weak' remark, which sounds wholly rough.

So I'll gladly take back that defamation of Janus.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 06:23:59 pm »
Pre-Mystic War Magus might toast you for crossing his path, but Janus doesn't have the edge yet, and postwar Magus (as he was intended to be characterized) is a smooth operator. Serge knocked Magil's mask off and was backhanded for it, but nothing serious.

I knew I'd mistaken as soon as I said that. Bloody stupid me. I am one of the biggest supporters of the more suave, proud nobleman Janus... I don't know what possessed me to say that of him. Janus, as his true name, does mean his character before his affiliation with the Mystics, and after his journey with Crono. And you're right, in both of those situations, his character wouldn't be quite so caustic. Honestly, I think the reason I thought that at the moment was recalling his nature when you talk to him at the end of time, when he tells you 'you got whacked cause you're weak' remark, which sounds wholly rough.

So I'll gladly take back that defamation of Janus.

Oh, you're less "wrong" than you think. Where Magus said "don't get in my way" in the US version, he originally added "...or I'll kill you" in the Japanese. He's...so much cooler...

Luminflare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »
Proud Nobleman... proud, yes, but more of an overlord than a nobleman. Decidedly, not cruel at all, but cold and uncaring. Unless it's Schala we're talking about, that's about the only person/place/thing he cared about, plans notwithstanding.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 04:01:21 am »
Janus was a brat, remember?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 07:45:53 am »
I don't think those feelings ever existed inside them, I mean... At the end of CT PS1 Crono marries Marle. Lucca stays on her own, building robots and other creepy machine mutants for a living.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 07:55:04 pm »
what's interesting about lucca is the fact that she has such a small role in ct and cc but seems to know more than she says.