Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 89910 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2009, 02:42:53 pm »
Wow, you must be like six. Square Enix of America and Europe do nothing. They are just business and translations, for now at least. Unless you can get that to Japan, which most likely would still do nothing, you're wasting time.

I don't see anyone else here taking some action, so as far as I am concerned, Setheus has stepped up rather than joining the silent majority here on the Compendium and doing nothing.

I had sent a letter to SE Japan many years ago, translated into their language and I never received a response. But maybe that letter did do something... I really think it turned the cogs over there in Japan; either me or a collection of other types of documents got CT:DS going; or maybe it was the Japanese fans of their native country that did something - Because one American who would go as far as doing something like that [I doubt] would have that much of a strong voice when their are Japanese fans who are more motivated than me.

Who knows... I guess anything is possible - But if I had any hand in it, then there is more I can do and everyone else too. I can't stress this enough. This is the right time to be contacting them and sending them feedback on another Chrono title or even a remake of CC. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2009, 08:05:04 pm »
You can go on, I just think it is a waste of time, then again who knows what will happened then?
Well, in Whoville they would say
that Square's small heart grew three sizes that day.
And then the true meaning of Chrono came through,
and Chrono Brake found the popularity of ten Chronos plus two.

Setheus

• Porrean (+50)
  • One who knows nothing can understand nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2009, 11:41:01 am »
lol Well for one I'm not six, 21 to be exact =P But I'm never put down by peoples half assed insults or whatever you call what you said to me xD
I really don't feel like I wasted the whole 3 minutes it took to send a few emails. Though I doubt it really did a whole lot but at least I tried =)

And thank you Magus22 for the backup.  :D

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:16 pm »
Wow, you must be like six. Square Enix of America and Europe do nothing. They are just business and translations, for now at least. Unless you can get that to Japan, which most likely would still do nothing, you're wasting time.

Since doing nothing has achieved so much.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2009, 03:41:22 am »
Yeah, if nothing else I'm sure they take note of what series people are asking about, regardless of whether it's a subsidiary or not. If you whine about it, will they make it? FIELD OF CHRONO DREAMS???

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2009, 04:39:22 pm »
I think if it were to get recognition we would need everyone on the site to send an individual e-mail on the same day.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2009, 05:20:40 pm »
Nothing says "make a new game" like (what they might consider to be) a denial of service attack.

EDIT: Hmm... has anyone ever watched "Done the Impossible"? If Browncoats can get a movie made of a TV show that was canceled before the first season was even over, it seems like we should be ableto get a sequel made for one of the most successful video games of the 90's. But... I never saw that movie so I'm not sure how the browncoats did it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:44:05 pm by Thought »

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2009, 04:45:42 am »
a few minutes on an email couldnt hurt, seriously.

itll probably do nothing but i mean, for what its worth, if an email can get a new Chrono game, im up for it.

Jeff Zero

• Earthbound (+15)
  • omg, l2ascend
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2009, 12:29:16 pm »
I did the emails to Square's USA and Japan sites, tweaking the former to make it a bit more individualized so no one starts thinking it's spam from the same person. Kept the latter as-is for obvious technical reasons.

When I have the opportunity, I'll start with the hand-written schpiel. This isn't the first time I've done all this, mind, but it's fun to do it again.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2009, 03:28:50 am »
I think the way to pull off this seemingly impossible dream is simply to keep this community strong and vibrant.  Just sending in petitions and letters to Square/Enix isn't necessarily the best course.  Everyone who has the talent should keep creating works of fan-art and fan-fiction to keep interest in the franchise high.  Above all, just keep talking about Chrono Trigger and spread the word.  Does someone you know not like video games?  So what?  Chrono Trigger can stand on its own as a great story with great characters.  Talk to them anyway.  The people at Square/Enix, after all, do not live in a closet.  They take notice of the community, and the larger that community becomes, the more likely they are to take the demand for Chrono Trigger seriously.

I remember in the early 2000's when I saw an increasing number of college students wearing t-shirts with the Autobot or Decepticon symbol proudly displayed on the front.  Being a big G-1 fan myself, I was both surprised and thrilled that that old franchise was being noticed by people younger than me.  But I figured it was just a passing retro fad.  I wouldn't have believed that kind of attention would spawn a Hollywood film and a sequel only a few years later.  Whether you think those movies were any good is beside the point.  A studio exec didn't suddenly wake up one morning and say "Let's do Transformers!".  There had to be an already existing demand for it.  And that demand comes from us.  Every day.

A strong Chrono Trigger community sends a bigger message than 10,000 signed petitions.  We would be wise to remember this.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:37 am »
I know this thread is a tad older, but recently I sent an email to the North American one and Japan. They replied the form that was put up earlier from the North American office. Yahoo sent me a failure notice on the Japan email. Of course my next step is to get around to writing letters (or in the case of the Japanese office, printing one out).

It's obvious that Square pays attention to the fans. What baffles me is that they aren't more willing to make the games. Obviously there might be logistical problems of getting the creators together. But, honestly, I've never seen another fan community like this. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places online. But I've never seen this much devoted to a video game. The Mario Bros don't get this kind of analysis and half crazed, frothing at the mouth collection of theory and they've made ten million games starring them (granted that's a different company, but the principle is the same). They say "buy more" in the Wikipedia article for Chrono Break, but curiously Wiki also says that Chrono Trigger DS has sold about seven hundred thousand copies (as of December 2008). Joystiq says that as of May 31st that the game stands at seven hundred and ninety thousand copies, which puts it not far behind some of it's better selling DS games like Dragon Quest V which is somewhere over a million.

The stupid thing is, there are probably people who aren't exactly die hard fans who go "Oh they're just reselling Chrono Trigger; I'll go play that on my Playstation" who would still go out and buy a brand new Chrono game if it suddenly appeared.

I just don't get it. I don't even play very many new video games anymore, but I would play any Chrono game that ever comes out. I mean I pretty much ignore the Final Fantasy series these days, nothing ever quite living up to VII. But I'd buy Chrono in a heartbeat.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:15:14 am by ShoeMagus »

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2010, 02:48:26 pm »
Well, we can be certain that Square will probably remake Cross first. I know this is kind of far-fetched, but the Chrono Trigger ending hinted at Chrono Cross. Besides, what if a person played Chrono Trigger series for the first time on the DS? That person would want to know what happens to the gang after Crono and Marle get threatened by Dalton and Magus looses his memories. A remake/port of Cross would bridge the two together, and clear out the contradictions in the Cross plot and hopefully have a better ending. Then if the reception is good enough, then a new game would most likely appear.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:52:54 pm by Toan »

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:26 pm »
I still don't think it possible. Chrono Trigger is the only one of the two that gets any love outside of the fandom. However I could see it going on PSN or XBLA.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2010, 02:08:27 am »
Well, we can be certain that Square will probably remake Cross first. I know this is kind of far-fetched, but the Chrono Trigger ending hinted at Chrono Cross. Besides, what if a person played Chrono Trigger series for the first time on the DS? That person would want to know what happens to the gang after Crono and Marle get threatened by Dalton and Magus looses his memories. A remake/port of Cross would bridge the two together, and clear out the contradictions in the Cross plot and hopefully have a better ending. Then if the reception is good enough, then a new game would most likely appear.

As long as SE made a considerable amout of profit, and as long as the fan-base still exists, then I still see it in the realm of possibilities. ZealKnight brings up an interesting point. If they re-released it on PSN (most likely first since it's Sony), Cross or Trigger for the matter, and profits are once again collected, then who knows :)

Toan

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2010, 05:00:50 pm »
I can grant you that there is a big fan base in Japan for Cross. Everyday, there is a new fan art on Pixiv or playthrough/walkthrough videos on Nico Nico. Plus there is a bunch of Japanese fan sites for Cross as well.