Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback  (Read 42496 times)

MasterTenor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2006, 02:07:27 am »
First of all, this was excellent -- my congratulations to everyone who is on the team.

My biggest complaint (nitpick) about the demo so far is that there are too many grammatical errors and typos, especially some missing commas in places (I'd have to replay with a notebook to find them).  Other than that though, almost everything felt right.  I do agree with the guy who had something about the Porre military base scene, but it wasn't "this doesn't fit" fourth-wall breaking.

In any case, my best wishes for the completetion of this -- it looks more and more promising every time I hear something!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2006, 09:06:40 am »
I think one of these days I'm going to make a notepad document, write down every text in the game and have people rewrite it......maybe not that drastic but I'll do something to make sure the text meets peoples expectationg (don't worry I will personally  make sure that bad text does not bring down this game  :P)

That being said if someone does want to go through and find exactly where especially excruciating text is (see nem's post here http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=2726.45) it does help.

--jp

david

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2006, 07:13:02 pm »
in the origenal game of Chrono Trigger Glenn had an old english way of talking.  in the demo however he does't.  Is this a mistake or is Glenn suppost to talk like this?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:53 pm »
CE Glenn is based off  his original japanese way of talking coupled with the fact that people generally disliked the way we wrote his english text.

--jp

naia28

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My professional Webpage
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2006, 11:52:17 pm »
I can appreciate that Frog was edgier than the American version but some of the informalities seemed so out of place for the rest of the game.  Then again, I didn't mind his dialogue.

I'm confused about one part of the game: If Chronopolis is built in the 2300's than why do I have to go back to 1999 to get there?  I'd love it if 1999 (or actually 2001 or whatever was playable too.  Maybe to solve the Glenn issue maybe you could create a new character that plays like Frog but just looks different from that time period (maybe a descendent of Glenn?  That'd be cool). 

I'd also like to see the End of Time being accessible and Spekkio could be even more challenging!

Overall, this is an awesome demo and one of the better hacks I've seen on the internet.  Very cool.

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2006, 11:04:35 pm »
Wonderful! I loved playing through the demo. Perfect Text, Wonderful battles, Nice story and additions. The only things I noticed were some graphical errors (Mostly already listed by others). Other than that, Perfect. Great job!  :P  :D

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2006, 05:22:25 pm »
Naia:

You were going to 2300:  Though I wouldn't call it laziness on our party....perhaps apathy kept us from changing that graphic.  But It's fixed now to say Chronopolis.  I think were going to go back to good ol frog for the game, atleast for now.  1999 will be in the game in some form, End of Time is going to be accessible and we'll see speekio again.....I really felt good answering this post cause everything you said we were actually in the process of doing....well except the new character for frog.

Crazy:  Thanks for the compliment and stay tuned for more.

--jp

Terror_of_Time

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2006, 06:46:26 am »
I loved the demo, it was beautifully done. I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents with everyone else =)

About the Glenn/Frog thing I had an Idea about how you could solve the problem with the making new sprites and Tecs for Glenn, and make bolt the people who want to play as Glenn and Frog happy. You could wright in the story that Lucca/or someone had made Frog a device that would make him appear in his human form, like an illusion, but his rapid movement in combat could cause the illusion to fail. So you wouldn't have to make new sprites and Tecs, and People who wanted to play as Glenn would get to walk around with him in there party, and the people that wanted to see him in the frog from would get to play as the frog in combat. and this could also explain Glenn's comment about how he "hopes he stays in this form for the meeting" meaning that he hopes his illusion doesn't fail.

Just a though, keep up the great work, I cant wait to see more.

~Terror of Time~

Kid

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2006, 04:46:40 am »
Bugs:
-Number of text-bugs.  I.E. Some letters or words seem halfway under the background.
-After buying a new sword, equipping it, and selling the old one in the first chapter, playing to and through the Magus chapter, then regain control of Crono, he was equipped with the starter sword I'd sold, and the new one I'd bought was in the inventory.
-Number of places where the assigned name for Crono is replaced with "Crono" instead of said name.  I've only noticed this with references to Crono, as I did not think to alter other names.
-Save point in the Last Village-DA has an object under it, preventing use of the save point itself.
-In the patio of the Vanguard post, bottom left corner on the counter is a set of greenish bottles(I think?) that are a layer above the characters when you move past them.
-Noticed in the Dark Ages, when entering and leaving places the initial spawn points were a little off.  I.E. the southern hut in the north east corner, and spawn on the world map a bit south.  May have happened other places, DA was the only time when it was real noticable.

That's all I remembered to make a note of.  Nothing I came across was damaging to the story or gameplay(since I used savestates, not in-game saves, to poke around).  I had fun with it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:59:34 am by Kid »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2006, 04:11:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback and bug fixes.

The game does not let you to "not have a sword" so we opted to just give the player a new lead sword.  We couldn't really change the text to say "Well you can't be weapon less, here have a lead sword" because if you didn't sell your old sword it would equip that one, but if you did sell it it would give you a brand new.  A solution in the future might be to make the sword an item instead of a weapon but more than likely the precious few free item slots will go to some other items, probably museaum.

--jp
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 04:13:33 pm by jsondag2 »

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2006, 07:23:04 am »
I played the demo and finished it. That was a very nice project. I wish good luck to the staff of this game while they build it.  :wink: And we all wish to have a complete game which has no bugs.  :wink: :mrgreen:

And I also found some silly points and bugs on the game.

-After the fight with Zeal, when escaping from the Ocean Palace ruins, Magus died after a battle with a basic monster, I continued escaping, but Magus was NOT WALKING ..! HE WAS LYING ON THE GROUND AND I WAS MOVING THAT LYING OBJECT ( or Magus' corpse ) ..! It repeats itself when you go to a room in the ruins of Ocean Palace and lose there.

-How come I can get the Instruments of Singing Mountain from the ruins of Ocean Palace? Were they extra pieces? I don't think so.

-The game sometimes crashes by itself. ( Maybe this problem was related with the computer or the emulator )

-I took Epoch from 1999 AD to 1002 AD, but when I did, Epoch landed on the sea in 1002 AD ..!

-When I open the chests, it sometimes says " You received .... " and sometimes " Got ...... " . This is also another silly point.

-And also some graphical errors.

And here are the pictures for the first two crashes :

1st one.

2nd one.

These are all the bugs that I have found for now. I found more but they all were told by other members.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:26:54 am by deniz2099 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2006, 05:47:14 pm »
The demo ended after Magus senses Schala.  The Entire Ocean Palace scene was an Easter Egg I opted to add, so It'll be cleaned up for the final release (no walking dead/chests will give good items).   It was basically  set up for me to do tests on it.

The random crashing hasn't been reported by anyone else, so try updating to the newest version of the emulator and see if it still occurs.

I'll run through and standardize the items that chests give you.

Epoch is like that because you used the debug room.  Basically the last status of the epoch had been "landed" (you had to land it to go in crono's house and use debug room), then you went back to chronopolis talked to the guy and it teleports you with the epoch to 1002 AD with the last known status of the epoch, which is landed.

Normally you would have flown to Chronopolis (last known status of epoch is flying), go to ocean palace, back to chronopolis and talk to guy to teleport to 1002 AD.  It'll by default give you the last known status of the epoch which is flying.  So basically when played normally this bug shouldn't occur.

--jp
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:51:12 pm by jsondag2 »

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2006, 06:15:00 am »
thanks for adding the Easter Egg.  :) by the way, why didn't you make a title like in Chrono Trigger 1? in my opinion, the title of the game looks too basic.(Crimson Echoes)

Cronorei

• Iokan (+1)
  • <3 akane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2006, 07:44:36 pm »
Not sure if its been mentioned yet since well.. 10 pages is a lot to sift through.

But as im playing i notice if you equip the shamshir and talk to the soldier, he will say 'you dont have it?' or something along those lines and if you talk to him after that he speaks like you gave him it and you can keep it >.>

Also if you are using Zsnes you dont need to apply the patch to the rom file. Just rename either the rom to match the patch, or the patch to match the rom name and put the patch file where your saved files go. Zsnes automatically applys the patch when it loads, and if you move the patch out it plays like the normal game
I do that for fansub patches constantly. so i figured it would work for a game hack sense its the same file type xD

risczero

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Crackbox
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2006, 10:32:42 am »
Sup all, Great Job on the project i just got to the end of the demo and wanted to make sure you guys were still on the job and motivated. There are alot of us out here who apprectiate what your doing for the CT scene. You guys Get anyfurther in dev yet? Don't know if this has been mentioned but if you go to the top of the dactyl nest in 60mil BC your emu will hang i've tried it three times and it crashed each time you get to the very top where you caught the dactyl ride in the orginal. Just a heads up also I code C and assembly so if you guys ever need any coding bitch work done lemme know, i'd love to help the cause. again great job and keep us posted.