Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback  (Read 42144 times)

TheDjinni

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Feedback
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 05:54:29 am »
I'm having trouble with the Singing Mountain part; what is needed to be done? Do I need to just keep fighting those monsters until something drops, have to fight them all before that happens, or some other detail?

EDIT: Ah... forget it. Spent over an hour trying to figure it out, and 5 minutes after asking for help? Figure it out
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:05:38 am by TheDjinni »

DarknessTear

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 06:00:10 am »
When the main characters talk I don't feel "This is Marle" and stuff. I think you might want to study the personalities of each character more. Also, the music needs better reworking than what's currently done. Changing one instrument might make things feel a little more fresh but I'm sure there's better things you can do with it. Honestly, I'd like to try to edit the music myself but I can't figure it out.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2006, 08:09:18 am »
With TF it's pretty easy to edit the music if you want.  Simply load up the ROM, hit windows locations, Windows Music, and start messing with the songs.  But all you can do is put in reinstrumentations of the current songs.  For the final version I'm sure we'll import atleast one song. 

Crono talking:  I'm one of the nay sayers for that.  What kind of personality could we possibly give to the guy that would make square enix happy?  Every time he'd talk I'd think, is this what the first director would want him to say?  We've tried to make him slightly more personable (he runs up and says "Hi" to Robo the first time he get's to chronopolis, he's the first out the door to go to the Porre Base, and he rushes out the moment he hears Guardia is under attack). 

As for each character having their own personality, we can take a look at them.  Though I believe Zeality did an excellent job with Magus.

--jp

RanMukuan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2006, 08:35:58 am »
This is a really small "bug", I found ;;

In the prologue, when Marle wakes Crono, and Crono gets up, if you go to the Menu and look at the TEC Menu, it says he Needs 5 Skill Pts to learn Cyclone ;;

Now after you've talked to Crono's mom and received a Pie, a Shamshir and a Card, you Need 160 Skill Pts to learn Spincutt ;;

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:21:16 am by RanMukuan »

RanMukuan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2006, 08:39:39 am »
- Crono's kitchen: if you click on the plant in Cronos House, you get the "receive item" sound 2 times, but no text appears(and no item)(1st pic).

The same happens, when you "talk" to the refridgerator/Freezer next to the Plant.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:58:06 pm by RanMukuan »

RanMukuan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2006, 08:44:53 am »
This is really nitpickin' ;;

When Crono takes a snooze in his own bed, when he wakes up, he will stand on the stairs to his room. Now, no matter which way you move, you'll alway end up in his own room (so when I move right, instead of going down the stairs, I'm back in Crono's room). I'm not sure, if this is because of the Demo, or that it happens in the real game as well.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2006, 08:51:48 am »
You do realize, that's not a bug.  Let's just say you have to put in a certain "Buttom Combination" to get to a secret room.

RanMukuan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2006, 08:56:07 am »
You do realize, that's not a bug.  Let's just say you have to put in a certain "Buttom Combination" to get to a secret room.

O.K., sorry... I just started playing the Demo and thought I would post everything I could find.

Other "Bug" I found (or does this have to do with a button combination too?) ;;

At the Hero's Gallery you can't enter the Menu.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:22:58 am by RanMukuan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2006, 09:04:37 am »
Hmm...that maybe suppose to be like that. I don't know if i'm correct, but i think if you did go to the menu it would either

A) Screw up the palette
B) Make some of them poof

Then again this is just my guess.

RanMukuan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:16 am »
Well, this is not really a "Bug", but shouldn't there be a way to make money in the Prologue? What if I spend all my money in Porre/Truce, how could I go to Medina (to deliver the Card), as you need to spend 10G to ride the Ferry (or can you go for free, if you don't have the money?). Maybe Gato could give you money, when you fight him?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:56:16 am by RanMukuan »

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2006, 01:25:10 pm »
I've found a big bug. If you return to Crono's house after the Zenan Bridge Battle (After you first ride the Epoch to Chronopolis) the Chancellor shows up and tells you to go to the Porre Base. I restarted the game at once, but I'm guessing it would teleport. It would either set you back in the game, or glitch it up.

Jikkuryuu

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2006, 01:29:59 pm »
Turns out it's not as easy to recreate the bug as I thought, but I figured it out eventually. It turns out it's related to the battle system which is why the beast forest is a good place to test it out. Screencaps were useless to demonstrate it so I used zsnes' video function. (ZsnesWin ver 1.42 if that's important)
http://rapidshare.de/files/21109240/ChronoTrigger.zm5.html
Shows the end of a battle, where I hold b to run, charging right into a wall, which Magus and Lucca keep going till the bottom of the screen. I got magus to run all the way off the bottom and back down from the top once in a test, but that was a fluke.
Looks like it's not really something to worry about since it clears up once you leave and barely affects the battles.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2006, 01:45:52 pm »
Another one- Running out of Zenan Bridge after the battle skips through the scene when that guy throws a grenade and Renault comes.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2006, 02:08:41 pm »
As for each character having their own personality, we can take a look at them.  Though I believe Zeality did an excellent job with Magus.
Magus was indeed nicely portraited... but except for that part:

"MAGUS: It's good to see you again Glenn! You look nice in that human form!!"

(any character would say that same text, but that was rather shocking with Magus lol :o)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2006, 02:23:51 pm »
Maybe they just became friends  :lee: at least they saved the world together.
At the end, when you have to get Glenn, he sais something like "Where is that pale-face magus? Together we would be an unstoppable team" or something, to lazy to check.