Author Topic: Don't Hold Back  (Read 2087 times)

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Don't Hold Back
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:22:13 am »
I would like to know if there is any solo TF users who are making a hack, that just don't want to say anything. I would also like to hear some idea's or any cool alterative TF tricks someone has up their sleeve.

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Hold Back
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 11:01:18 am »
lol. If we didn't want to say anything why would we come forward with it now? But I do agree that solo TF users should share what they have learned to further the community. They can keep their hack secret, and still do that. As for me, as I learn how to use to TF I will definitely share what I learn with others.

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:29:31 pm »
My hack CT: Rebirth is a hack created on my own, which help me learn some stuff to help with CE and also recieving help from others for my hack..

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:02 pm »
I'm actually working on a secret hack (oops it's not secret anymore), and has been since TF2.0 was released (not continuously though). It's basically just a short ROM in which I try to experiment and apply the tricks that were already posted by others here. I can't seem to find or invent new, nifty tricks. Just, dialogue, battle, dialogue, stuff, battle...

Actually, the biggest difficulty for me is still thinking of some interesting plot to drive the action (that's why I'm not posting anything about the hack until I have something relatively solid and concrete).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:24:39 pm by Chrono'99 »

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:24:04 pm »
I was thinking of "The Rising of Zeal", only because someone in the forums Jlukas or someone told me that you can change the main charater so of course i thought..Magus! I've been working on loading all animaions for NPC's in the Karjar Labatory. Besides that i've been working on a Temperal Vortex, because if you change Lucca's pallete colors to 26 it looks just like the temparal vortex from CC. That's as far as I have gotton. I'm still trying to figure out the events so i can make random exits.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:29:31 pm »
The thing I'd really like to figure out is how to load more than 6 enemies in one location. Even by giving each monster a different PRM, I can't seem to be able to load more than 6. Guardia Forest in CT is an example of a location with many monsters, but its code is frigging complicated to analyze.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 08:45:04 am »
Im testing around on certain stuff.  Like giving people different spells.  Ex: Crono Getting Ice!  I'm still messing witht he battle...I had crono and every other hero perform ice sword.  Then i had marle doing a doulbe tech on her own, literally casting ice on herself then attack O_o.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:13:40 am »
Im testing around on certain stuff.  Like giving people different spells.  Ex: Crono Getting Ice!  I'm still messing witht he battle...I had crono and every other hero perform ice sword.  Then i had marle doing a doulbe tech on her own, literally casting ice on herself then attack O_o.

Share with us how you did it. I know there are a few people tech tinkering that would really appreciate it.