Author Topic: Record of fate  (Read 3824 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Record of fate
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 11:28:30 am »

<theory>
Chronopolis was originally a research facility that was started in the El Nido archipelago, before there was any land (besides Gaea's Navel) or anything. Presumably so that they could continue their research there without anyone in the world knowing about it. In my theory, up until the Time Crash, there was nothing in El Nido. At the time of the Time Crash, FATE decided that in order to prevent any further screw-ups in the future, she would create the El Nido Archipelago and populate it. The reason you can't see this in Chrono Trigger is because in that timeline, the Archipelago had not been created yet. So in 7600 BC, El Nido was populated. FATE also instigated all of the Records of Fate in an attempt to control her paradise. In the Home World, when Serge was attacked by the panther-demon, Schala/Kid heard his screams and saved him. At this point, the dimensions split, which was FATE's reaction to what had just happened. In one dimension, everything went as planned, following Serge's death. In the other dimension, Serge lives and FATE tries to manipulate him into coming back so that she can use him. So therefore, since Another World is "her dimension" she has complete control over it and all of its actions. But since the Home World is not directly her dimension, merely an offspring, she does not have complete control over it, only a way of glimpsing at it and trying her hardest to plant ideas in people's heads. But she really had no choice. If she hadn't split the dimensions, she would have been destroyed. Survival of the fittest.
</theory>

Half of what you said is already in the game, and the other half is defying game evidence.

Belthasar planned everything. Chronopolis got hurled back in time, because Lavos saw a chance to live again. FATE then faught the Dragon God that came with Dinopolis, and sealed it with the flame. It then built the islands, and the Dragon God was sealed into 6 different beings. In the future, Serge is born and is about to die after a panther attack. Schala hears him screaming and crying and tries to escape the DBT, which fails so she summons the magnetic storm above Chronopolis, deactivating it's security and sweeps the boat to the island. She calls Wazuki to take Serge to the flame. When he touches it, he's registered as the arbiter, and only he can access the flame. Wazuki goes insane from the flame, and finally Serge and Wazuki get back home, Miguel is trapped at Chronopolis. Wazuki runs away.
In 1010AD, Wazuki as Lynx drowns Serge because FATE thinks that the lock on the flame will be opened. But it does not. In the future, Kid travels back and saves Serge, and this results in the dimensional split.

Other than that, FATE still has influence in Home, but to a lesser degree. The inhabitants still visit the Records of FATE. In Another World, FATE can just send the impluses into the people much easier. Though, somehow I think that only El Nido people are affected, because I don't think any Dragoons or Porrean decendants use them (like the people of Termina). For that reason, they aren't oppressed to not leave El Nido.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:59 am »
Well that pretty much shot my theory down. Thanks for clearing things up. I did some more reading after posting this and did find that most of what I said was contradictory.

Travel between the mainland and the Pooreans is not limited at all. They come and go as they please. And the only person that we know of in the Home World that could sail a ship large enough past the currents to get to the mainland is Fargo, who, according to Ultimania, was instructed by General Viper to keep anybody away from the Mount Pyre.

If you overlook the fact that the Records of Fate double as save points, they do seem to be in some very odd locations though if Pooreans and Dragoons don't use them. Viper has a Record of Fate right outside his office and Riddel's room. The Dragon Keeper also has one in his stable, although he's most likely a native.

One other thing. If the Records of Fate were iplaced when FATE built the islands, then how did they wind up inside buildings that weren't built for awhile after the islands had been built? And what is the meaning of the Red Record of Fate in the Red section of Fort Dragonia? Is the pyramid shape just a coincidence, or does it have anything to do with FATE?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 12:07:29 pm »
So in 7600 BC, El Nido was populated.
Lavos pulled Chronopolis back to 12,000 BC, not 7,600 BC. Everytime the game refers to Zeal, it says "ten thousand years ago" (except one where it does say "12 thousand"). So when the game says Chronopolis was pulled back ten thousand years in time, it's most probably to 12,000 BC too.

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 12:13:47 pm »
Lavos pulled Chronopolis back to 12,000 BC, not 7,600 BC. Everytime the game refers to Zeal, it says "ten thousand years ago" (except one where it does say "12 thousand"). So when the game says Chronopolis was pulled back ten thousand years in time, it's most probably to 12,000 BC too.

In Chrono Cross, the existence of Zeal could never be verified. And from 2,400 AD, Chronopolis was pulled back 10,000 years. 10,000 - 2,400 = 7,600. Also, in Zeality's file about the Chronology of the Chrono Series, he states that Chronopolis was pulled back to 7,600 BC.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 12:17:48 pm »
I'm not just referring to the Chronopolitans. The CT ghosts and Lavos himself (through the Frozen Flame at Terra Tower) mention Zeal and say "ten thousand years ago".

As for Zeality's Chronology, did you read the intro?

Please note that the appearance of Chronopolis in 7600 B.C. and the contact with the Frozen Flame in 3000000 B.C. are arbitrary dates, created by the Chrono Compendium. Chrono Cross never specifically states when these events occurred; concerning Chronopolis, "ten thousand years" is both used to describe its displacement in the past and also its tenure of watching El Nido until 1020 A.D., which leaves a discrepancy of 1380 years. The presence of icebergs in the war with Dinopolis suggest Chronopolis went back to a time not long after the Ice Age began to wane. The Frozen Flame contact was also merely described as happening three million years ago, but on such a large scale, it is only important to remember this figure.

Zeality left the year to 7,600 B.C. because it's the first one that we thought about, but as you can see there are more evidences pointing towards the other date, 12,000 B.C.

For more details, you can also read the first post in this topic:
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=1374.msg22527#msg22527

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 02:48:45 pm »
I must say that I agree with you about it being brought into another era. However, I don't feel that it was 12,000 BC as you state. If anything, I would say anywhere from 10,000-8,000 BC. It says "over 10,000 years" which implies more than, but I would assume no more than 500 years.

In regards to the icebergs in your other topic, have you noticed that we still have glaciers in some parts of North America? Montana still has a few glaciers, although they are receding due to the global warming. Even from a Biblical perspective (with the shortest timeline), they are still well over 8,000 years old. Put some glaciers, even in the middle of a tropical region during the middle of an ice age, and it will still take several thousand years for them to completely melt. The temperature just doesn't rise overnight, it rises at a rate of, I'd assume, something like 0.000000005 degrees a year. So even in 7,600 BC, I could see there still being icebergs. Heck, the Dead Sea was frozen, and obviously it can be influenced by El Nido's weather, since Schala managed to summon the magnetic storm which was over not only the Dead Sea, but the areas around it.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 06:32:16 pm »
.......... Schala only cast the magnetic storm on Chronopolis, as the Dead Sea didn't even exist back then.

Also, I doubt Chronopolis went back to 12,000BC, as Zeal was there, and Lavos and all.
At most, I'd say that it arrived around 10,000BC-11000BC.
Simply said, Zeal was destroyed by then, Chronopolis could not find the truth out, and had it been in 12,000, surely Zeal would realise that there is some kind of power and battle going South West of the continent.

Oh, and also, two frozen flames would surely change history, but Lavos failed in his attempt.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 07:28:03 pm »
.......... Schala only cast the magnetic storm on Chronopolis, as the Dead Sea didn't even exist back then.

Also, I doubt Chronopolis went back to 12,000BC, as Zeal was there, and Lavos and all.
At most, I'd say that it arrived around 10,000BC-11000BC.
Simply said, Zeal was destroyed by then, Chronopolis could not find the truth out, and had it been in 12,000, surely Zeal would realise that there is some kind of power and battle going South West of the continent.

Oh, and also, two frozen flames would surely change history, but Lavos failed in his attempt.
You do realise there is more than one day in a year? Since the old topic my "12,000 B.C." means "12,000 B.C. after the fall of Zeal".

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 09:55:07 am »
Those chunks of ice you were talking about might not have been ice. In the FMV where Terra Tower rises out of Sky Dragon Isle, the mountains around the edges look a LOT like ice.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 05:23:38 pm »
Those chunks of ice you were talking about might not have been ice. In the FMV where Terra Tower rises out of Sky Dragon Isle, the mountains around the edges look a LOT like ice.
There's grass and vegetations on it, I don't think it really looks like ice (though it's very white for mountain rock).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 03:46:22 pm »
Something as obvious as this can't be an oversight, so it seems the records might be equipped to give standard, "don't interfere with the mainland" answers in the event they lose connection with Chronopolis. I'll add it as a Common Question to the analysis section.

Inquiry

If Chronopolis has lost touch with the Records of Fate in Home World, why are villagers still visiting them?

Answer

Firstly, the villagers would continue to do so out of habit formed by thousands of years of attendance. Secondly, the Records of Fate still function as recording devices (Chronopolis still gathers information from them). In all likelihood, they are probably equipped with a last resort system activated in the event of losing contact with Chronopolis. They most likely give standard answers that would discourage activity that could bring El Nido residents into contact with the mainland.