Author Topic: Hard Beta Testing Begins! All Report!  (Read 1978 times)

Daniel Krispin

Re: Hard Beta Testing Begins! All Report!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 03:24:57 am »
Okay, there are very few problems I found in a quick playthrough. Someone's been through the dialogue, and done a good job at it to boot, so whoever did that, kudos to them (though, technically, 'kudos', in its strictest sense, is the wrong word.) One thing... is it just me, or are those black squares there for everyone when going to confront Dalton at the cliff? And, for a second... how far does the demo go? Because I've seen some mention fighting General Montcrief, yet all but one of the houses in the Porre base cause the player sprites to disappear for me - and that includes the one with Montcrief. What is this?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 12:17:20 pm »
Oh man I'm sorry Daniel, that was a bad patch that I released, it should be fixed on the latest patch, which will always be found on the first post now. (It was trying to get the scrolling fixed in Choras' ferry).  There's actually quite a bit after that, please do check it out. 

I'm pretty sure the black squares are gone on the latest patch, they were there so that when I was debugging I wouldn't run into enemies.

I'll check out the repaeating text and missing music.

EDIT:  Alrighty I didn't see the repeating text at the top of Beast forest, but fixed the truce residence text and music bug.  But the biggest thing in this release is JLukas' patch to keep the players out of 2300 AD.  That should make this Demo unbreakable (good movie).  I've also checked to make sure that the Porre camp bug is indeed fixed.  (by the way to get there fast go to the demo room, talk to johnny.  Then all you have to do is trigger the event in the basement and talkto belthasar and you'll be on your way to the camp).  This patch will also be availible on the first post of this thread.

Would you guys prefer if I only posted the ROM in the top post.  I've been posting it twice so tha tyou wouldn't have to go back to the first page to download it. 

--jp

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:48:49 pm by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 12:54:38 pm »
I've made a small patch for the stairs in William's room. Those tile properties are impossible to understand, I eventually just copy-pasted some stairs properties from the Medina map on it.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 05:57:43 pm »
Added Chrono 99's patch to the first post on the page.  Also singing mountain's music wasn't playing, I turned it back on (shrug)

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 04:11:08 am »
This post and the first post in the thread will now have JLukas' patch, a few cleanup's I found, and fixed scrolling Chronopolis elevator.  I also made a quick vista for Singing Mountain, I put it in A6, if anyone wants to fix it up.

--jp

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:28:04 am by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:04 am »
Posting from a hotel. gone for a few days still; keep it up!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 04:17:45 am »
I added a scene if you place the glass rose on Schala's tombstone.  I think it came out pretty cool though Zeality will have to touch up the text.  Um not much else to report I added music to a few places that I noticed didn't have any and added Hadriel to the programming room.

This is the last chance to beta test the ROM everyone.  Once Z comes back he'll fix text in the museaum and that scene I added and then were shipping this out to the public.  So by all means please beta test.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 07:07:18 pm »
I did a little beta testing myself.  Fixed up quite a few maps and music

There was also a couple problems with the text at the end.  Crono was talking if you had him as the second party member, and the game would freeze if Magus was the lead.  I also added a little bit to the Magus/Schala scene I mentioned before.

I cleaned up events in Dalton's Dungeon to. 

So I'm hoping that people not reporting bugs means that people are giving a thumbs up for a release?

--jp

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:16:11 pm by jsondag2 »

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 08:04:42 am »
OK, it's summer now.  Time to get back in gear with this project.  Just as soon as I actually get the demo to run.  I patched an unheadered CT ROM with Lunar IPS and I get no response save a momentary computer freeze-up from ZSNES and SNES9X.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 11:55:14 am »
hm.....it worked on my comp.   So I tried to make another patch and for some reason it's really big.  I'm gunna host it myself because I can't make an attachment but if anyone can patch their rom and make a smaller patch by all means please do.  I'll look at it when I get back.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/betatestingextreme.ips

EDIT:  I got the patch smaller......the below patch should work (I tested it), if not try the above link.  If neither of these work maybe I can email you something.  Judging by the size of the file it looks like it's the exact same patch though...

--jp

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:04:45 pm by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 02:45:35 pm »
I've just found 2 really nasty bugs.

I actually reported the first one a while ago, but we never really found what was the cause: the game freezes when Lucca appears in Crono's House and Crono enters the room. I think I found what triggers this: the scene freezes if you have fought Gato / the scene plays normally if you haven't fought (fought/spoke to?/lost against?) Gato.

The second bug is simply the character's names in dialogues. I started a game with random names (well, not so random: Serge, Leena, Kid :) ) but Crono, Marle, Lucca still show in many textboxes. I only skimmed through Truce so I don't know how many textboxes are affected, but there might be many (there are already a lot in Truce).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
hoo boy, it could be caused by putting Lucca instead of {Lucca}, etc.  I'll look into the gato thing right now.

These the only big bugs you can find?

Edit:  Fixed the freezing bug......for some reason the code had a if(silverpoints & 4) ExploreMode off.....it must have been leftover code from before though I have no idea how that was used in CT.  Very very nice catch Chrono 99.  I'll release a patch after I go through the text and try to find any Crono instead of {Crono}, hopefully it's only the beginning I tried my best to use the brackets instead of the names, though I may have slipped sometimes.

Edit:  The patch below fixes any names I caught up till the end of demo one, it should also have the gato freeze bug fixed.

--jp

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:38:49 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »
I got bored today so I made the locations for the ruined ocean Palace that Schala is in.  If you wanna access it walk around the north east of schala's sprite at the end of the demo.  These locations are obviously not demo worthy but I thought we might as well do something while we wait.  So if anyone wants to fix those maps feel free.  I'll probably chrono tweaker em at some point tonight so the enemies are beatable.

EDIT:  Following the advice of Zeality I have Robo walk into Fiona's Villa so you can interact with him now.  I also made it so that "pie" and "card" are no longer weapons. 

--jp

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:57:34 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 02:41:40 am »
Alrighty everyone Last call for any bug reports.  Demo 2 will be released in less than 24 hours.

Zeality here's the list of stuff to do before you release:

Melchior Text:  Chronopolis Generator room, should be last object
Museaum Sidequest Text:  Guardia Castle Chancellor, SanDorinio Inn, object 13, And porre Elders house 600 AD
Guardia Castle NPC's in Queen's tower, if memory serves correctly that location is a weird number, it's near the bottom, maybe not though
You mentioned cleaning up the Vista
Add the portraits

Should all be very quick fixes, 90% chance I'll be on tomorrow anyways

This patch has 2 more NPC's in the Debug room, one will take you to see the debug room, through which you can get out and explore the world post Singing mountain, though it should be the same world as post Zenan Bridge.

It also has an NPC that will take you to the Ocean Ruins that I'm working on.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 03:01:24 pm »
I'll wait for Chrono'99's experimental patch. Also, I got the portraits to work, so I'll add that patch when I change the text.