Author Topic: Welcome, welcome!  (Read 121463 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: Welcome, welcome!
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »
^ Fairly accurate ratio. A lot of people think I'm a guy too. What's funny is that when people think that Zephira is a guy lol.

Welcome to the party. I hope you stick around considering we can't seem to get girls to stay >_>;. I liek gurrrrls.

Someone's kid needs to do a "I liek goils"  video and post it on youtube. that would be really funny considering that's one of those funny words some little kids can't pronounce, just like "I liek toitles".

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 09, 2009, 02:18:11 am »
Oh, I'm definitely going to stick around!  I'm too much in love with the series to pass up on leaving.

I can definitely see the zombie kid saying "I like goils".  Maybe dress him up as Zombor instead.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2009, 03:42:14 am »
Oh, I'm definitely going to stick around!  I'm too much in love with the series to pass up on leaving.

I can definitely see the zombie kid saying "I like goils".  Maybe dress him up as Zombor instead.

Welcome Tot He Party, Sajainta (as you can see, its a semi-popular meme around the compendium =D )

I havent looked at this thread in a while, so welcome to all you others too!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2009, 07:19:41 am »

youre so mean to me.
im gonna go cry now.
 :(

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2009, 01:24:49 pm »

And you can call me GenesisOne.

Vencom ty thee Chrono Trigger Formals.

You are going to like it here... (I hope they don't notice that I'm using the Jedi Mind Trick while telling them this.  This would make for a terrible PR image of the Compendium)

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2009, 10:20:40 pm »
Err, Hi guys. I just made a new account. One I don't intend to screw up. If you want, read my introduction.

Anyways, Nice to see you/meet you!

The Secret Skeleton

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mad Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 09, 2009, 04:19:46 am »
I would like to take this time to introduce myself to all assembled.  My name is Wes, I am 27, married and a father of two.  I currently do not work in favor of home-schooling my children which lends to me much time to haunt forums such as here.

I have been visiting Chrono Compendium for a rather long time and have just now decided I should participate to some degree.

Playing console RPG's has always been a constant parallel to all other aspects of my life.  I have gathered up around me all I have ever been able to find in some mad pursuit of playing through them all.  I got an NES from an estranged grandmother for Christmas in 1989 and as a lark she bought me one game with said system:  Dragon Warrior.  From that point forward RPG's were what I was doing when I didn't have to be anyone or anywhere else.

I should also state that I had Chrono Trigger within hours of its US release.  I read a Nintendo Power Epic Center article on it and all I needed to see frankly was that it vaguely resembled Final Fantasy 3(VI). 

To pay for this game, I shoveled out horse stalls for a month.

My passions are writing and role-playing games...that is to obviously include my family.

My wife is an amateur artist who is of professional skill who curiously does not aspire to change that.

I greatly admire the devotion the members of this forum show to the things that they love.  I believe that you can find passion and inspiration and even principles with which you may live your life by within role-playing games.

Regardless of all of that, I do wish to say that I hope I may be an asset to this place.  My memory is nearly supernatural in regards to what I have read or observed, particularly where RPG's are concerned.  That is, I suppose, some thing.

Everyone has at least one superpower.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 09, 2009, 09:24:01 am »
WELCOME SECRET SKELETON.

(from another married guy, but minus the kids)

The Secret Skeleton

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mad Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:52 pm »
WELCOME SECRET SKELETON.

(from another married guy, but minus the kids)

You should have children, we need more able and intelligent people in the world.  Additionally, what better proof of one's existence is there but to reproduce?

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 09, 2009, 05:08:25 pm »
I have been visiting Chrono Compendium for a rather long time and have just now decided I should participate to some degree.

And not a moment too soon, SS.  Speaking of which... (this is a rite of passage I give to any newcomers I encounter)

Everyone has at least one superpower.

Mine's a near photographic and audiographic memory.  What's yours?

The Secret Skeleton

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mad Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »
My episodic memory is exceptional.  I am able to develop relationships between my memories to best recall them by remembering a single memory which then brings forth others.  I remember things by association, like I remember that when I first bought Chrono Trigger I had a friend named Alex.  With that expression, I can therefore recall other things, such as the discussions Alex and I had about the meanings of the game...and our conclusions we came to.

Oddly, I cannot remember dates well.  I cannot say, "I remember in 1995 I bought Chrono Trigger."  I would have to look the year up, I just remember, "I bought Chrono Trigger the year it came out."  I can then remember many things from that period of time, but for some reason I never associate it with the numerical date.

I also pride myself on my creativity.  I run a Dungeons & Dragons 1E game on Sundays, and I honestly feel flattered by the praise I receive from my players.  I know how to tell a story, I can honestly say that.

I can also reverse-engineer almost anything.  If I play with something long enough, I can figure it out.

I would like to help someone on a fan game as a producer.  I can put together a project and stay with it.

Also, I am not being snide, but there is no such thing as audiographic memory.  Photographic--or eidetic memory, encompasses sounds as well as pictures.  So, there you go, you can say eidetic memory.  Also, you don't have to call it "near" photographic, you just don't call it "literal" photographic.  That's the difference. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:48:02 pm by The Secret Skeleton »

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:37 pm »
if you had alerted me i would have made you all lemon cookies.
but you didnt.
so none for you.
may this be a lesson to you.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »
You should have children, we need more able and intelligent people in the world.  Additionally, what better proof of one's existence is there but to reproduce?

We aren't to that stage yet, but that's on the itinerary.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2009, 02:10:01 pm »
My episodic memory is exceptional.  I am able to develop relationships between my memories to best recall them by remembering a single memory which then brings forth others.  I remember things by association, like I remember that when I first bought Chrono Trigger I had a friend named Alex.  With that expression, I can therefore recall other things, such as the discussions Alex and I had about the meanings of the game...and our conclusions we came to.

Oddly, I cannot remember dates well.  I cannot say, "I remember in 1995 I bought Chrono Trigger."  I would have to look the year up, I just remember, "I bought Chrono Trigger the year it came out."  I can then remember many things from that period of time, but for some reason I never associate it with the numerical date.

I also pride myself on my creativity.  I run a Dungeons & Dragons 1E game on Sundays, and I honestly feel flattered by the praise I receive from my players.  I know how to tell a story, I can honestly say that.

I can also reverse-engineer almost anything.  If I play with something long enough, I can figure it out.

I would like to help someone on a fan game as a producer.  I can put together a project and stay with it.

Also, I am not being snide, but there is no such thing as audiographic memory.  Photographic--or eidetic memory, encompasses sounds as well as pictures.  So, there you go, you can say eidetic memory.  Also, you don't have to call it "near" photographic, you just don't call it "literal" photographic.  That's the difference. 

You sound perfect for this website! Welcome, sir, to the spine-tingling show!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2009, 04:30:42 pm »
Howdy.

I actually joined sometime during the summer, but I was never very active. I plan on changing that.

A little bit about myself. I'm a senior in high school. I love playing video games, namely those from Square Enix and Atlus. Some of my favorites: Chrono series, Final Fantasy series, The World Ends With You, Legacy of Ys, Kingdom Hearts, and many, many others. My Chrono experience? I've had Chrono Cross since I was a kid with a PSX. Though I didn't play it much back then, I still thought it was amazing and to this day I consider Chrono Cross as my favorite game. After finally completing it, I thought I should catch up on its history and buy CT:DS, and when I was through with that I finished with Radical Dreamers.

Anyway, I love the Chrono series, and I love this site (I've been on and off for a year or two now). Great job so far guys. I'm hoping I can be of some help and be a regular here in the forums.