Author Topic: Ideas for a chrono movie.  (Read 2042 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Ideas for a chrono movie.
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:24:19 am »
I thought it would be fun to think up a few.

My personal pick is to make a story showing how the ending to Chrono cross added up to itself: its kinda all over the place. You could have one on how Kid and Serge managed the happily ever after even with all the other things getting in the way (the loss of memories, leene, Crono's group, etc. etc.)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: Ideas for a chrono movie.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 07:42:49 am »
How bout this?
NO MOVIE
Seriously, I don't know why people want movie sequels so much? Or sequels period. FFX and FFVII did fine without them.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 09:26:33 am »
Chrono Trigger itself would make for an excellent movie. People would gobble up that epic plotline and compelling-but-just-archetypical-enough characterizations. Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross would have a harder time catering to a mainstream American audience without significant artistic license, although I think they could bring me personally at least as much enjoyment as a good rendition of CT.

Mulling it over, however, I think the best possible movie Squeenix could license at this point is something that I'd like to call ZeaLitY Trigger. It's the story of a sullen young man who lives on the haunted plains of Far East Asia (aka, Oklahoma). One night he visits an abandoned monastary and encounters the ghost of Bruce Lee. Following an intense mecha-martial arts battle involving hellhounds and rainbow-zords, the boy wins his mentor's respect and receives a special relic that will help him save the world: the ZeaLitY Trigger. So equipped, the boy sets out on an adventure through cyberspace to save Das Intarwebs with only a :lee: and the grease on his elbow. Or something like that.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 03:30:57 pm »
Once a new Chrono game comes out, the value of the rights to this life story will shoot astronomically. Until then, no deal!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 07:42:42 pm »
Anime Series, not a movie. Otherwise we'd get edited down rubbish...and I think Woosley's done enough on his own on that front...

:P

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 09:56:08 pm »
Mulling it over, however, I think the best possible movie Squeenix could license at this point is something that I'd like to call ZeaLitY Trigger. It's the story of a sullen young man who lives on the haunted plains of Far East Asia (aka, Oklahoma). One night he visits an abandoned monastary and encounters the ghost of Bruce Lee. Following an intense mecha-martial arts battle involving hellhounds and rainbow-zords, the boy wins his mentor's respect and receives a special relic that will help him save the world: the ZeaLitY Trigger. So equipped, the boy sets out on an adventure through cyberspace to save Das Intarwebs with only a :lee: and the grease on his elbow. Or something like that.
Obviously it would be directed by Uwe Boll. Who else would be artistic enough?
Chrono Trigger itself would make for an excellent movie. People would gobble up that epic plotline and compelling-but-just-archetypical-enough characterizations. Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross would have a harder time catering to a mainstream American audience without significant artistic license, although I think they could bring me personally at least as much enjoyment as a good rendition of CT.
I still believe Chrono Trigger belongs as a game.
#1 - Alternate Endings
#2 - Ability to ponder (of course, the DVD version will allow you to do this too...)
#3 - Being able to play
#4 - FF7: Advent Children sucked
Not the most in depth list of reasons...but you get my point. Chrono Trigger should remain a game. I remember last year I made a bullshit Wiki article on my friend. He filed it for deletion. I told one of my friends about it, and she said she would like to see it, and when I told her that my friend deleted it, she got mad :P So I asked him about it, and he remembered it as legendary and wondered why he ever deleted it. I still had all the text from it, and put it up again. He saw it and got really mad. My point is, what if when we see the Chrono Trigger movie we get a darker vision of it? Games seem really awesome the first few times you play it, and every time after that it seems worse and worse. We should keep the good memories, and not insert bad ones.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 01:39:23 am »
Obviously it would be directed by Uwe Boll. Who else would be artistic enough?
I still believe Chrono Trigger belongs as a game.
#1 - Alternate Endings
#2 - Ability to ponder (of course, the DVD version will allow you to do this too...)
#3 - Being able to play
#4 - FF7: Advent Children sucked
Not the most in depth list of reasons...but you get my point. Chrono Trigger should remain a game. I remember last year I made a bullshit Wiki article on my friend. He filed it for deletion. I told one of my friends about it, and she said she would like to see it, and when I told her that my friend deleted it, she got mad :P So I asked him about it, and he remembered it as legendary and wondered why he ever deleted it. I still had all the text from it, and put it up again. He saw it and got really mad. My point is, what if when we see the Chrono Trigger movie we get a darker vision of it? Games seem really awesome the first few times you play it, and every time after that it seems worse and worse. We should keep the good memories, and not insert bad ones.
I don't think AC sucked, just made cloud even more emo than he was.

But, your right, maybe a movie is too much.

An anime series where the story could gradually progress is more around the type of style suited for the Chrono series.

Sides, people might wanna hear what crono and serge sound like, not to mention Kid. I know I would... maybe tara strong with an aussie accent....

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 05:34:43 am »
Sides, people might wanna hear what crono and serge sound like, not to mention Kid. I know I would... maybe tara strong with an aussie accent....
I don't know about Kid, but Schala's voice is Noriko Mitose's in the ending song "Radical Dreamers".

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 05:48:02 am »
Why not a cel shaded remake on Wii? That. Would. Be. Gold.
As long as they don't implement the WiiMote in any gimmicky way.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 02:51:37 pm »
na. make it on the ps3 and utilize the blu-ray disc to make HUGE and beautiful maps.

Hell, make a KH-ish battle system. You control Crono or Serge/Kid one of the mains. maybe a sort of cross between kh and star ocean: t.t.o.t.

I got a million idead, and cause I'm not a japanese employee, square will never hear them.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 04:33:52 am »
na. make it on the ps3
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/09/ps3-a-tale-of-2-skus

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 06:31:42 am »
na. make it on the ps3
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/09/ps3-a-tale-of-2-skus
true, but I'm also looking in terms of something that can support the most for an Rpg. essentialy, Blu-ray can hold the largest maps, and it doesn't require the huge HD drives of other, patching genres. Since it has the same power and support of 360, it can support the same ultra detail level graphics with the same lack of lag, and with its large Blu-ray map capcity (which I believe is something along... 4x the size of any standard 360 hd disk.) you can make something built for that kinda of scaling to be even grander. Say something like obvilion, then upped a couple of map size, with no real loss to character poly counts or having to dumb down the system: essential playing with the same models as a cutscene would.

When you look, the ps3 is basically built to house super rpgs.

OH WOW... CT MMO idea in head.... It burn us! it burns us!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 07:44:03 am »
You really won't need that much space. HD DVD is just fine.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 08:14:47 am »
actually, most rpgs can go well past a standard 360 disk. Xeno saga for one could have easily filled and broken the limits of a 360 disk with only slight increases in the texturs and sizes, and it was also one of the more obvious reason companies have started pulling multisaga rpgs: you know, those rpg that have the exact same cast on plot for six "different" games. They seriously that weak in growth comparison, unlike the huge leap from carts to DVD roms. Of course, roms also had problems containing high texture counts when they first started.

Why do you think the HD were installed to the xbox, and alot of their games can patch? cause they didn't have enough space to fill in right there and then.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:17:36 am by grey_the_angel »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 08:22:30 am »
actually, most rpgs can go well past a standard 360 disk.
HD DVD isn't the standard 360 disc. The standard is dual sided standard.
Why do you think the HD were installed to the xbox, and alot of their games can patch? cause they didn't have enough space to fill in right there and then.
So why was an HD attached to the PS3 if they can do all the shit on a Blu Ray? And plus, patches come over time, not right at the beginning, so of course there has to be a way to download patches :roll:

Blu Ray is just over the top. You won't need that much. Plus, Xenosaga had heaps of FMV's, and so that took up a lot of space. With the power of the new consoles, FMV's should disappear (I know that sounds like hypocrisy :) ). This was the problem with -[eM]- Enchant Arm.