Poll

Would you like to see a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross movie using the technology used to make FF: Advent Children?

Hell yeah!
4 (36.4%)
Depends...
5 (45.5%)
Don't fix something that isn't broken!
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Advent children vs. Chrono Trigger movie  (Read 1530 times)

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy: Advent children vs. Chrono Trigger movie
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:20:03 pm »
After watching FF: Advent Children, I thought to myself what if Square Enix made a movie about Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross?  I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this.  If you answer Depends... please explain/elaborate, if you don't mind.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy: Advent children vs. Chrono Trigger movie
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 06:11:14 am »
I don't think such a realistic style would work. I would prefer a more animé style, like with DQVIII's cellshading technique, or even traditional drawn animation... The Chrono series is well known for its very colorful atmosphere, the characters in CT are like animé characters, and the backgrounds in CC are like artisanal paintings... So, I don't know how it would feel with the FFVII:AC style. Well, we did see Schala in full motion in the CC ending but I don't know...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 11:07:44 am »
It's something to imagine. I can see a movie about Chrono Trigger and Cross using an anime type style as Chrono99 stated. Wouldn't it be nice . . .

Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:01:29 pm »
I don't think such a realistic style would work. I would prefer a more animé style, like with DQVIII's cellshading technique, or even traditional drawn animation... The Chrono series is well known for its very colorful atmosphere, the characters in CT are like animé characters, and the backgrounds in CC are like artisanal paintings... So, I don't know how it would feel with the FFVII:AC style. Well, we did see Schala in full motion in the CC ending but I don't know...

If they did a CT movie, it'd probably look like Dragon Ball.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 06:14:28 pm »
yeah it would be something. So what do you all think about FF:Advent Children?  Did you like it?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 08:33:43 pm »
I could see Cross being more or less exactly like AC stylistically, but I'd want Akira Toriyama to handle an animated Trigger movie...Which, now that I think of it, neither should be movies unless we want what we got w/AC, a sequal movie. If they're going to chronicle Trigger (or Cross for that matter) they should be in an animated maxi-series at least. There's too much to simply pile helter skelter into 1 hour & 1/2 or even 2 hours.

Anime series or bust.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 11:24:54 pm »
Claymation!

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 04:59:19 am »
Ditto
Claymation!
Once again your wisdom is absolute :roll:

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 07:26:40 pm »
If a movie of either Chrono Trigger and/or Cross were to come out, they better have some good voice actors for the characters.

I can just imagine a great movie . . . with lousy voice actors for the characters.

What do you all think the voice of Crono or Serge should be like? Passionate? Calm? Any ideas?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:29:10 pm »
Crono should have San Goku's voice just for the sake of it. Serge's voice is less obvious...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 07:37:45 pm »
I still think they should hardly talk...but, now that I think of it, a fan-made Claymation movie would probably come out before this...And then a Chrono sequal would still come out before this...Oh well...

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:42 am »
Crono should have San Goku's voice just for the sake of it. Serge's voice is less obvious...
na. get the dude who played the blue haired dude from escaflowne. they pretty much look the same. >.>

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 01:52:53 pm »
How about getting the guy who does Ed's voice in Full Metal Alchemist to do Chrono's voice, and the Guy who does Piccolos's voice to do Magus.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 07:19:05 pm »
How about getting the guy who does Ed's voice in Full Metal Alchemist to do Chrono's voice, and the Guy who does Piccolos's voice to do Magus.
I say

magus: guy who does spike on cowboy bebop

Crono: AC cloud's voice.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 01:10:29 pm »
This is a very delicate thing to decide. See, Chrono suffers from what we like to call the 'Eragon Syndrome'. Such a thing must be done very carefully, for if you do it the right way, you will get the single most awesome movie in history. However, unless you pay attention to what you're doing, you're gonna get lukewarm shit. And lukewarm shit, unless you're the Poopsmith, is NEVER a good thing.