Poll

What do you think of the name?

Its totally fucking awesome. Easy to remember, short...
3 (8.3%)
Wii'll get used to it
5 (13.9%)
Better than Revolution *fnar*
2 (5.6%)
Meh, Revolution still sounds better than it
8 (22.2%)
This just proves Nintendos disgusting urine fetish
1 (2.8%)
I <3 Nintendo Go!!!! LOL!
0 (0%)
"I don't care that much, but the North American consumer base will, because the childish appearance is off-putting to our culture and the name might very well kill Nintendo's North American sales, which is something that would suck..." - Hadriel
2 (5.6%)
"I think it fucking sucks" - Zeality
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 10542 times)

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2006, 06:47:25 pm »
Yes, but how can you be sure Sony will have more promising games in the
fuuuuuuuturrrrrrrrre
what is the best way to attempt to predict the future, by looking at the past.  sony has released so many great games, i dont imagine they are going to pull any stops when the new console hits the market. 

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2006, 07:32:54 am »
im not dogging the ps3, if it is as good as the hype being built up, im sure its amazing.  but i just love halo, i guess it could be compared to pool.  you keep playing hoping to improve your game.  i think bungie has perfected the fps.  thats the extent of the quality games on the xbox.  there are a few games that are fun like fable, but the majority of the game are crappy xbox arcade games.  sony has always had better quality games. 
Halo is great and all, but man if I got the choice between Twilight Princess and Halo 3, I would take Twilight without thinking.  The Wii is just so much better!  WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
I just don't want game companies to use gfx as an excuse for crap storylines.
Gears of War has AMAZING graphics and has a good storyline :)
Yes, but how can you be sure Sony will have more promising games in the
fuuuuuuuturrrrrrrrre
what is the best way to attempt to predict the future, by looking at the past.  sony has released so many great games, i dont imagine they are going to pull any stops when the new console hits the market. 

Thats a bullshit theory. Nintendo released absolutely awesome games in the past-past, and they dwindled. The perfect example is SEGA, and more specifically Sonic Team. From freakin' NiGHTS and Chu Chu Rocket to Billy Hatcher and...eugh...Astro Boy...

And whats with my blankiety blank quote?

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2006, 11:00:03 am »
im not dogging the ps3, if it is as good as the hype being built up, im sure its amazing.  but i just love halo, i guess it could be compared to pool.  you keep playing hoping to improve your game.  i think bungie has perfected the fps.  thats the extent of the quality games on the xbox.  there are a few games that are fun like fable, but the majority of the game are crappy xbox arcade games.  sony has always had better quality games. 
Halo is great and all, but man if I got the choice between Twilight Princess and Halo 3, I would take Twilight without thinking.  The Wii is just so much better!  WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
I just don't want game companies to use gfx as an excuse for crap storylines.
Gears of War has AMAZING graphics and has a good storyline :)

I will trust you on that, but I am not suprised.  I mean some games are just plain kickass.  Good gfx and solid storyline.  Good for them.  But there are other games with godly graphics but the storyline sucks balls.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2006, 07:46:31 pm »
nintendo never stopped making good games.  but they did not have as many as sony.  n64 for example had some of the best games ever made, but it also had some really shitty ones too.  gamecube is the same story, it has quite a few great games, but just not as many as playstation.  and the blank quote....i dunno i was being stupid.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2006, 08:14:02 pm »
I think the Wii might be interesting, hey, its one step closer to a virtual reality, (like a holodeck in ST)
on another not I can't wait to try both upcoming Zelda titles

Twilight Princess(GCN & Wii)  & Phantom Hourglass(DS) ( The sequel to Wind Waker [ takes place 2 months after WW])

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2006, 01:55:53 am »
nintendo never stopped making good games.  but they did not have as many as sony.  n64 for example had some of the best games ever made, but it also had some really shitty ones too.  gamecube is the same story, it has quite a few great games, but just not as many as playstation.  and the blank quote....i dunno i was being stupid.

I think you have a slight misunderstanding of how the game industry works. Nintendo easily made more good games than Sony (or at least, more system movers) with both of the last generations. It's the 3rd parties, however, that determine which system has the best games, not the system makers.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2006, 03:14:34 am »
Of course Neverwinter Nights 2 will render all your systems obsolete.

Atlas

• Springtime of Youth
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Steam Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2006, 04:56:41 pm »
Wii
Wii Wiill Bii Aii Biig Show Of Nintendo's power of Wiilising a Bad 
Consolle and haviiing iit Wiirk.
???????????????????? Nintendo Scares Me

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2006, 09:08:48 am »
Wii
Wii Wiill Bii Aii Biig Show Of Nintendo's power of Wiilising a Bad 
Consolle and haviiing iit Wiirk.
???????????????????? Nintendo Scares Me
You scare me.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2006, 04:00:33 pm »

I think you have a slight misunderstanding of how the game industry works. Nintendo easily made more good games than Sony (or at least, more system movers) with both of the last generations. It's the 3rd parties, however, that determine which system has the best games, not the system makers.

the only reason nintendo was ever a success was because they had 3rd party software development first, but who made all the mario games? and who made all of the zelda games?  i know about 3rd party software but the big sellers for nintendo are made by nintendo.  also square had been making games for the ps exclusively for how long.  dont be thinking that i have a jaded view either because all i play is halo 2 anyway.  all im trying to say is that nintendo at one time had all the hits, but from n64 till now nintendos line up couldnt touch sonys.  look at the game sales and the system sales and that should speak for itself.

unknoun_prophet

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://peggyguder.tripod.com
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2006, 08:32:05 pm »
I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have a good reason behind it's name, but the Revolution sounds better.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2006, 11:03:30 pm »
I SCARE ME

So, Who will buy one!?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2006, 01:39:21 am »
A long time ago, I said that if Nintendo were ever to release a system that played NES and SNES games, I'd buy it in a heart beat, regardless of what else it played. Well, they've gone beyond that: N64, GameCube, Genesis, Turbo-Grafix 16 (It's been too long since I've played Bonk) and the TG's CD system. Then, the new games for the system itself, with it's new controller I'm dying to get my hands on. Yeah, I'm buying a Rev.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2006, 05:23:53 pm »
I SCARE ME

So, Who will buy one!?
count me in. 

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2006, 07:25:57 pm »
I SCARE ME

So, Who will buy one!?
Dude you not scary at all... just messed up.

I will buy one...  I said was going to buy any system that kicks ass.  The Wii kicks ass.