Author Topic: SWEET JEEBUS MCDEATHSTARTITS  (Read 2422 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
SWEET JEEBUS MCDEATHSTARTITS
« on: March 15, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
http://www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=15

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 13, 2006 - Today JMP Productions announced that Japanese video game composer Yasunori Mitsuda is joining PLAY!. His music from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross will be presented in one exclusive suite in every PLAY! concert world-wide. Yasunori Mitsuda is going to attend the premiere of PLAY! in Chicago on May 27 2006, he will also be joining the meet and greet.

Yasunori Mitsuda is an icon of video game music. His work includes music for productions such as Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Shadow Hearts and Xenosaga. His music for Chrono Trigger alongside with Nobuo Uematsu was the turning point in his career, established him as a composer and made him a well-known musician all over the world.

Says Jason Michael Paul: "Mitsuda-san's music is flavorful and stylish. He has created some of the greatest video game music of all time. To have Mitsuda-san come to the US for our premiere in Chicago is a dream come true. My hope is that the fans will come out and show their appreciation for the distance he has traveled to celebrate with us."

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I figured I'd begin frothing at the mouth.  So...enjoy the frothing.

*seizure*

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:22:28 am »
I've never had so many convultions in my life.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 11:34:27 am »
Wait, what's PLAY? Is anyone going to see him? Is the music going to be live or something?

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 11:58:26 am »
Such a shame that I'm all the way in North Carolina and I'm going to an anime convention that weekend.  Otherwise I'd do the best I could to try to go, even if it is such a long ways away.  I haven't heard of the PLAY! thing before, but it does sound pretty interesting!  *prays for CD release of his concert*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 01:11:16 pm »
Those of us who are going to be there should meet up, say, for oysters and Guinness.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 02:43:37 pm »
Is anyone going? If so, I would that you sneak in some kind of bootlegging device, like a covert tape recorder. Also, get pictures if you're going to the Mitsuda premier.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 03:13:41 pm »
i really wish I could go . . .

VinceIP

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 04:23:27 pm »
For those who don't know, Play! is apparently a concert-convention type thing where artists who make music for video games get together and show off their work. I don't know much about the details, but tickets are available somewhere.

I wanna go...  :(

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 04:51:58 pm »
the closest concert to me would be the Toronto one

but Yasunori will only be in Chigaco from wat I hear

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:10:16 am »
I think you are overreacting a bit. Its not like this is Guns N' Roses playing November Rain, its Yasunori Mitsuda, and awesome guy, and awesome composer, but not someone I'd be especially keen on going to a different state, no, country (though if I lived there I might give it a shot). His work melds perfectly with games, but I'm not just going to sit there doing what the crazy people who go to Black Mages concerts do. Sit.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 01:54:30 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
I think you are overreacting a bit. Its not like this is Guns N' Roses playing November Rain, its Yasunori Mitsuda, and awesome guy, and awesome composer, but not someone I'd be especially keen on going to a different state, no, country (though if I lived there I might give it a shot). His work melds perfectly with games, but I'm not just going to sit there doing what the crazy people who go to Black Mages concerts do. Sit.

Different strokes for different folks. The first pop-culture concert I ever attended was the Dear Friends premiere in Los Angeles a couple years ago. I wouldn't bother myself to cross so much as the street for Guns N' Roses, but I paid a pretty penny to fly down the coast for Final Fantasy and the LA Philharmonic.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 03:45:01 pm »
Gosh that reminds me of the Helloween show at March 29th...

Which I won`t go :(

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 09:21:04 pm »
Yeah, I know your taste in music Lord J. I actually wouldn't mind going to a Mitsuda concert now that I think of it.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 02:27:59 am »
If I had the pretty penny, it'd see itself being sent to Chicago for that oh-so-glorious concert. And it's the only one short of Third Eye Blind, Vertical Horizon, Goo Goo Dolls, Snow Patrol, and Dave Matthews Band all put together in Boston.

I love music.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 03:16:51 am »
Don't we all. Mitsuda still will lose for me against a Nine Inch Nails concery. Oooh, or a Radiohead concert. Now that would be gold. Too bad the Rolling Stones sold out here  :(