Author Topic: Possible Chrono tattoo  (Read 1030 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:35:03 pm »
So I'm considering getting a Chrono tattoo.  Here's my explanation for it.

First off, I think tattoos can be great, or a horrible idea.  Most of the time, I think its a horrible idea.  I'd say, at least around where I live, 90% of the ones that girls get are the stereotypical "Butterfly" or "roses and vines" pattern on their back right above their hip.  Most of the guys have one of the stupid barbed wire patterns going around their biceps, or maybe a random dragon somewhere.

In this case, I think tattoos are a horrible idea.  It doesn't mean anything, and its completly unoriginal.

Now, here's why I want my tattoo.  First off, I've been playing the series, non-stop, since 7th grade (I'm currently a junior in college, so thats about 9 years).  I've wanted some sort of Chrono tattoo for about 5 years or so.  I've held off for a long time, thinking that I wouldn't wnat it a year or so down the road, but it hasn't changed yet.  The tattoo to me doesn't necessarily represent the game, it represents the stories and the morals and lessons you learn while playing the game.

My original idea was to get the Chrono C on my right shoulder.  I'm extremely well cut, so it would look pretty decent.  To me, the C represents everythign you learned in the series.  To me, it represents bonds between friends, sacrifice, and a bigger lesson.  The lesson being that, while at times you'd love to go back and change things you've done, or maybe find out what's going to happen to you in the future, the whole point and fun of life is not being able to do either of those.  (Once again, this is what it means to ME.)

I still think that would be a great idea, but I'm thinking that putting it on my right shoulder isn't the best idea.  So, my options are, put it somewhere else, or, get my second idea:

This one would be smaller, and I'm thinking somewhere on my right side, right beneath the oblique muscle.  I've always thought that the greates thing a human being could do is sacrifice their life for the sake of others.  This is also why I think Jesus is so great, whether or not you believe he was the son of God.  

The tattoo I'd get would be a combination of one of the two sprites on the right, with one of the two on the left.  In case you didn't know, this was the pose Crono was in (from the side_ when he solo'ed Lavos and died, with the little.. spark thing.  On top fo that, it always reminded me of Jesus, becaue to me, it looks like the pose he would be in on a cross.

So basically, I like the idea of this.  Besides being original, it actually MEANS something to me, instead of being like "oh wow wouldn't it be sweet if I had a cloud tattoo!?! lolzerz!"

So, comments, suggestions on anything?

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:40:51 pm »
Personally, I think that tattoos suck because
a) They are ugly
b) Because they are hard to get off.

Do this if you feel you want to, but I would advise going with the C, because you will get jeered at, having a chrono  on you.

yoshie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:54:18 pm »
I went with the C http://chrono.lunar-net.com/cc/cross/downloads/wallpaper/c-1024.jpg looks like this but black that would seem a bit better than a chrono like tonjevic said.

And jest to give you a heads up it hurts like hell.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:56:31 pm »
Quote from: Tonjevic
Do this if you feel you want to, but I would advise going with the C, because you will get jeered at, having a chrono  on you.

Not necciarily. I knew a guy with Megaman tattooed on his forearm. Everyone I heard comment about it thought it was cool.

I can't really tell you which to go with, though. Gotta pick whichever one is more meaningfull to you, other people's opinions be damned.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 01:14:10 am »
yoshie yeah thats actually the exact C i would use, I just didn't bother posting it.  The color of it, should I go that direction, would ahve to be decidd upon later.

Chances are I won't end up getting either... I came damn close to getting the C last year, and realy didn't get it only because I was too lazy to.

yoshie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 08:43:29 pm »
Not to mention the price.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Possible Chrono tattoo
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 12:06:52 am »
P.S. Pain should not be a reason to not get a tattoo, or move it to a different place.