Author Topic: Favourite Music  (Read 5178 times)

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« on: February 11, 2006, 01:40:42 am »
I'm well aware of the favourite theme topic, I even posted in it, but I thought I'd make this one just so people could branch off a bit more.

So, quite simply, what is your favourite song/theme/group of chords (Sealed by a mysterious energy, ect.) in the CT or CC game?
Please state the name of the song/theme/yada yada, where it occurs in the gameplay and why you like it above all others.

Mine is "The Day the World Revived" though Im not sure thats it's official title. It's the theme that plays after Crono, Lucca and Marle emerge from the dome underground after retrieving the seeds. More specifically it plays after my favourite line in the whole series "They might just be our future..." (that one, or "In our world, every storm has an end. Every night brings a new morning. What's important is to trust those you love, and never give up... We must keep all hope alive..." which is said by the nun at the cathedral alter)
Its such an inspiring and uplifting tune. Sad, but very beautiful.

Julford

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 02:08:59 am »
CT: "Black Dream" from inside the Black Omen. I find myself humming that one constantly... None of the other iones I like (Frog's and Magus themes) are really hummible, plus Black Dream is just awesome.

CC: "Magical Dreamers" from the concert. My friend had a preview disc of CC songs, and that was on it. I loved the tune long before I ever even played the game, thanks to that CD...

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
Favourite Music
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 06:36:27 am »
CT: Secret of the forest. I was never that keen on it until I discovered that if you stay in the forest a while, listening, it goes into thise beautiful piano bit.
I also like the Black Omen music.

RD: I don't know what it's called, but I love the ending theme of RD. The one that plays when the credits roll.

CC: Voyage, Another World. One of the most relaxing pieces of music I know of. Time's Scar is also superb, and Radical Dreamers....man, I love the whole soundtrack of CC!

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 04:30:21 pm »
CT: World Revolution...
CC: Dunno.  Probably Another World.
RD: Dunno.

babybatcloud

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:08:09 pm »
CT: "Too far away times"
I chose that one as my favorite for the CT game because it fits perfectly with the ending. It's very deep, peaceful, has some nice instruments, ect.

CC: "Radical dreamers ~Unstolen Jewel~"
It's simple and deep. A guitar and a beautiful voice.

RD: "Far Promise ~ Dream Shore"
It doesn't go into too much depth to me, but I still like it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:07:57 pm »
CT: Chrono Trigger
CC: The Dream that Time Dreams (this is the pure essence of the series)
RD: Epilogue ~ Dream Shore

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 11:12:33 pm »
For me, "Home Termina" and "Another Termina" together represent all that is good and fine with the Chrono series music. "Silent Light," although I like it less than "Guardia Milennial Fair," is another underappreciated masterpiece, and is one of the workhorse themes of the game. The tragically short "Strange Presentiment" is my favorite Radical Dreamers theme.

But you asked about chords and structure and whatnot, so if you were serious about that, I'd have to point to the obvious: the Chrono Trigger main theme, Kingdom of Zeal theme, Dreamwatch theme, and a few scattered others are all based on the same genius structural template.

LadyShiva

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:51:00 pm »
Okay, without duplicating what I put in the themes thread...

CT: "Tyran castle","The trial","The Day the World Revived","Time Circuits", "Determination" and,  "Epilogue - To Good Friends"
Ah crud, I had to pull out my CT soundtrack after thinking about it for a while. Now I'm all ate up with nostalgia and must go play...

CC:"Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World","The girl who stole the stars" and of couse "Radical dreamers -Unstolen Jewel"

RD:Don't own a soundtrack, so I don't actually know any of the names of the songs ^^;

ibax7588

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 01:18:02 am »
This is actually a tough one... all the music's so good!
I think that these would be my top ten...

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Frog's Theme
3. The Trial
4. Battle with Magus
5. Battle Theme 2 (Though it does sound like something from Mega Man)
6. Time Circuits
7. Far off Promise
8. World Revelation
9. To Dear Friends
10. To Far Away Times

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:17:33 am »
CC - Time`s Scar

The song that fits with perfection all the feelings of the game :)

jorge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 08:01:53 pm »
Final boss fights (from 1999 AD bucket)

I changed Lavos hp so he got a total of 1.12 million hp... that make the  final battle much more fun, harder, and longer.

Julian

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 02:02:59 am »
CT: The Zeal theme, I love it, listen to it daily on my headphones.

CC: This is a tough, tough one, as 99% of the soundtrack is just godly. But I would have to go with Garden of God, the title screen music, it just seems to fit perfectly with the theme of the game, in my opinion. Honorable mentions go to Life: Faraway Promise and the home Arni Village theme, and of course Time's Scar.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 04:02:27 am »
It's so damn hard to choose.

Chrono Trigger: To Far Away Times (Ending)
Chrono Cross: Time's Scar (Opening)

Princess Marle

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »
I like the castle of Guardia..kind of upbeat sounding and the battle with Magus.!!

sssssz

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Favourite Music
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 11:08:13 pm »
Chrono Trigger: 1. The Corridor of Time (can't stop listening to this piece.) 2. World Revolution 3. Frog's Theme 4. Fanfare 1 (somehow.) 5. First Festival of Stars/The Brink of Time/Ayla's Theme (I can't decide >_<)

Radical Dreamers: 1. Star Stealing Girl (my favorite track from the Chrono series) 2. Far Promise ~ Dream Shore 3. Portal to Open Ground

Can't say about Chrono Cross. I'm yet to play that bugger...