Author Topic: Top 10 RPGs of all time  (Read 12215 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2006, 12:57:33 am »
Your free to not believe me.  However, I did abuse limit breaks, as they are broken as well.  Those 2 things combine make this game easy-mode.  And yes, this is how I did this game before I became bored of the story and stopped at the end of disk 3.

Your free to not believe thats it works.  Hell, if I wanted to, I could believe that I'm immune to killing by shooting myself in the head.  I'd be wrong, but I'd be free to believe it.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2006, 07:49:25 pm »
Has anyone realized how awesome the Terra Trilogy is? (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). It is so philosophical, on par with Chrono Trigger. We really should discuss it, but I don't want to start a new thread til I know people actually care about it or not...

Sentenal

• View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2006, 10:36:00 pm »
I played Gaia.  It was just Meh to me.  Run around in a fictional word, explore the Great Wall of China, the Nazca Lines, Inca Ruins, etc etc, and poke things with a stick till they die.  It was alright I guess, but no where near the Secret of Mana series.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »
The Secret of Mana series is gold. But you have to admit, the ending of Gaia was the greatest ever.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2006, 12:59:04 am »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
The Secret of Mana series is gold.

The Mana series was good on the SNES.  Not so much the others.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2006, 04:55:10 am »
I wasn't too moved by Illusion of Gaia either. In fact, I had a hard time finishing it. Good thing it wasn't my first RPG.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2006, 04:58:11 am »
I haven't heard a lot of great things about Gaia. I heard someone nominate it for the worst game ever once. I don't think it is--Custer's Revenge wins that 'honor'--but I'm not really excited to play it.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2006, 05:50:28 am »
I liked Gaia for it's deep emotion, and it was fun. Terranigma is a better game, but I have a hard time getting into it anymore. Soul Blazer is...well, very outdated.

Mana on SNES was great. I think I'm one of the few who actually somewhat liked Legend Of Mana. Oh well. Let's hope the new one rocks. As it should.

jorge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2006, 07:19:43 am »
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Final Fantasy X-2
5. Grandia 2
6. Kingdom Hearts
7. Chrono Cross
8. TES 3: Morrowind
9. Breath of Fire 4
10. Legend of Dragoon

I just want to control Crono again in Chrono Cross... or any other CT character...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2006, 06:34:59 pm »
Has anyone realized how awesome the Terra Trilogy is? (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). It is so philosophical, on par with Chrono Trigger. We really should discuss it, but I don't want to start a new thread til I know people actually care about it or not...

I played the first two. They were a lot of fun.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2006, 06:51:14 pm »
I played Terranigma a long time ago and basically forgot about it since it's not really popular on the web (a guy on GameFAQs posted something about it recently on the CC board though). Terranigma's ending is one of the 3 most touching endings I've ever seen in a video game, the other 2 being Xenogears' and Chrono Cross'. Terranigma's ending is really golden, but I think the game itself is unfortunately not that fun.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2006, 03:41:12 am »
The storyline pushed me on. It was quite beautiful really. Gaia was amazing with the places you can go to. Terrangima had one of the...strangest twists I have ever seen. Plus, you have to admit, jumping into a box is awesome.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:27 am »
I played all three of them, and liked them.
Soul was a simple game with alot of fun.
Illusion of time(or gaia) was very cool and I liked the story. Not to mention the "secret" boss(which you also fight in the first game).
Terranigma is one of the coolest games I've ever played, awful story(with a few strange points)+ cool gameplay(except the magic system maybe, but never used it) and not to forget: Town upgrades! Yeah!

Sentenal

• View Profile
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2006, 03:14:38 pm »
The storyline pushed me on. It was quite beautiful really. Gaia was amazing with the places you can go to. Terrangima had one of the...strangest twists I have ever seen. Plus, you have to admit, jumping into a box is awesome.

Opposite for me.  I didn't care about any characters, nor about what was happening.  The game just seemed like a bland action-RPG to me.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Top 10 RPGs of all time
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2006, 03:58:16 am »
How can someone like the CT storyline and not like the Terra one? -.-

Hey, um, you just said it had an awful story, cyberskanarkafsnfauhy, and yet you called it an awesome game? wat gives?