Author Topic: Spekkio at the Bend of Time  (Read 2394 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Spekkio at the Bend of Time
« on: January 31, 2006, 02:06:48 pm »
Just noting that the Ultimania book directly references the octo monster at the Bend of Time as Spekkio in the description for Janice's level 7 tech. Ugh, I wish Ultimania were perfectly verifiable.

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Spekkio at the Bend of Time
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:09:18 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Just noting that the Ultimania book directly references the octo monster at the Bend of Time as Spekkio in the description for Janice's level 7 tech. Ugh, I wish Ultimania were perfectly verifiable.

Interesting. When did you find this out?

Edit: Pardon my bigass avatar, Im tweaking with my profile

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 03:35:31 pm »
Unless there is an in-game source for Spekkio being in the bend of time, I'd just call this a theory, or rumor, or something.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 05:39:46 pm »
If that was Spekkio, he'd change appearance as Serge grew stronger and would teach Serge and the gang True Magic.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 08:58:35 pm »
Not necessarily.  He's not obligated to teach Serge and gang anything, he did so because he wanted to.  He taught Crono and crew because he wanted to, so we can't use that as an argument against him not being Spekio.  I'm not supporting the argument, just saying that this can't be used in the argument.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 01:44:28 pm »
Also Serge probably doesn't have the needed genetic makeup to allow for the magic to be unlocked.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 01:59:59 pm »
Or maybe among the consequences of Chrono and co.`s quest was something that affected the End of Time and caused Spekkio to molten into a pile of jelly known as octo  :o

LadyShiva

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 05:44:05 pm »
Can you quote the exact description for us?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 06:12:31 pm »
Also Serge probably doesn't have the needed genetic makeup to allow for the magic to be unlocked.

Serge would actually be my FIRST bet for who had the genetic make-up to allow magic.

Not necessarily. He's not obligated to teach Serge and gang anything, he did so because he wanted to. He taught Crono and crew because he wanted to, so we can't use that as an argument against him not being Spekio. I'm not supporting the argument, just saying that this can't be used in the argument.

"Hmm...grant this guy magical powers because he's clearly of noble and trustworthy character and has the weight of the universe on his shoulders working toward a positive outcome for all dimensions or worlds, OR sit on my  ass and do nothing to prevent the end of the Universe and everything within it, including myself. HMMMMmmmm......"

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:52:09 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
"Hmm...grant this guy magical powers because he's clearly of noble and trustworthy character and has the weight of the universe on his shoulders working toward a positive outcome for all dimensions or worlds, OR sit on my  ass and do nothing to prevent the end of the Universe and everything within it, including myself. HMMMMmmmm......"

How the hell would he know about the menace on the universe's outcome?

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 09:29:03 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: AuraTwilight

How the hell would he know about the menace on the universe's outcome?

Maybe he can use Radius' baldie as a Crystal Ball  :o

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 12:20:11 am »
Or he's at the End of Time and is aware of the earth's destruction. Still though, that seems to have no effect on him, making the point null.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 08:38:33 am »
Yeah... being in the End of Time allows you to see the current time-line, but not the extra-dimensional changes that didn't happened yet. And we don't even know if the Bend of Time is related to the End of Time.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 02:17:47 pm »
Well, the only magic we see in CC is in the form of tricks: Sneff and Guile, for example.

What's intresting is that there's no actual visible gate leading to the Bend, just and Island with a odd distortion. Sounds to me like a Pocket Dimension whose a bit like the End of Time with the exception that it's an arena like place, not a junction from which they can be viewed.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 12:29:31 am »
The Bend of Time is New Game+ material, so I don't know how much we should take from it.