Author Topic: Another ol' Lavos Theory  (Read 13014 times)

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« on: January 22, 2006, 02:35:18 am »
I posted this in the Characters/whatever section thread, then I found out about this little section so I decided to re-post my theory here, see what you crazy people think. My theory on Lavos, or his pourpose if it wasn't for the fact some crazy band of magic kids kicked his ass.

I’m tired of people saying that the period 2400 or 2399 (whatever) is an era where all the lifeforce of the planet is gone and hope is lost. I DEFY THAT I do. There is still life left in the planet the seeds recovered sprouted, quickly at that. Not just in a single location and a single patch of dirt, but in two separate locations on the landmass and at different times. I believe the planet isn't dead at that point, or even dieing. I believe that Lavos didn't drain the planet to a point of death because the planet's energy doesn’t have a limit. It continuously gives off more and more energy or life. Lavos detached from its leechlike position on the planet in 1999 because it finally had enough energy to create its spawns. S'also why he attacked the surface, so that his spawns could roam and prepare before they too went in search of planets to drain for the energy they need to create spawns. Well, that’s my theory at least. Give the planet another thousand years and it'll be a right ol' bundle of life again fresh with (if humans don't make it) new species and beings until one day another intergalactic parasite lands and re-starts the cycle. Maybe this is the universes way of preserving the cycle of life? Let a civilization or species grow to it's peak then strike it down, letting the planet refresh itself then grow anew? I’m sorry; I get way too into this.

Theres my theory, the universes cycle of life for Earth and all life carrying planets.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:49:12 am »
I'm afraid that when there's no life except for Mutants and only a few races remain and on the brink of extinction, the Planet's rather dead.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Re: Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 07:11:48 am »
Quote from: Paradox
Maybe this is the universes way of preserving the cycle of life? Let a civilization or species grow to it's peak then strike it down, letting the planet refresh itself then grow anew?

You remind me of the Architect. Are you the One? ;)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:58:24 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
I'm afraid that when there's no life except for Mutants and only a few races remain and on the brink of extinction, the Planet's rather dead.

No, the other guy is right. If the planet was Dead, the planet would not have been able to dream anything up, so hence the gates could not have ever been caused by it. Heck, Lavos only absorbed the DNA of all life, and the energy of the planet. But yet, that is limitless in a way.

The fact that humans exist, a mutants, and that there is still some kind of weather pattern and oceans shows that. It's just blighted.

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:02:05 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Quote from: Paradox
Maybe this is the universes way of preserving the cycle of life? Let a civilization or species grow to it's peak then strike it down, letting the planet refresh itself then grow anew?

You remind me of the Architect. Are you the One? ;)

Why yes, yes I am. Waaaiitt... are you the Matrix? <.< >.> Oh! and may I take this opportunity to congratulate Legend of the Past for being first to shoot down my first three crappy theory posts ever. Fanks XD.
(Well, two. One was repeated in another category)

And honestly anyone can consider the planet going either way. Dieing or regenerating at a gradual rate. I just felt like it was going in the up-way, maybe I’m too much of an optimistic interpreter… or I’m just insane, all quite plausible.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 12:15:42 pm »
Well, perhaps not dead yet, but on the brink. We now he DOES die because the End of Time appears in it's place, and it's too young to die on it's own right. Perhaps it's still dying, and the Gates to 2300 A.D. lead to when it was looking back on it's life?

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
Well, perhaps not dead yet, but on the brink. We now he DOES die because the End of Time appears in it's place, and it's too young to die on it's own right. Perhaps it's still dying, and the Gates to 2300 A.D. lead to when it was looking back on it's life?

What do you mean it 'leads' to the End of Time? The End of Time, in my opinion, didn't appear, it was just always there, an inevitability for existence. Either way, of course the planet and all things that ever were cease to exist and everything fades into the great big black swirling end BUT why then? Who says that after 2400 in, lets say, another BILLION years life begins to flourish once more on the planet, another species and civilization rises until it's inevitably struck down again (my theory of the universe planet refresh) by a Lavos or some big ol' space parasite. I don't believe the end comes anywhere near after 2400. 2400 is just a point in the planets cycle where everything is at its worst, or getting there. One big loop of life.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 01:00:52 pm »
Then there woulden't be any point for Crono's journey, because it woulden't be a real crisis, it would be a nuclear winter. The Planet would recover, while the game states that the 'Entity is seeing it's whole life pass by', which happans, excuse me, when you face death.

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 01:10:17 pm »
Then there woulden't be any point for Crono's journey, because it woulden't be a real crisis, it would be a nuclear winter. The Planet would recover, while the game states that the 'Entity is seeing it's whole life pass by', which happans, excuse me, when you face death.

Well, this is just me, but Crono's journey to me is more like a detour in the planets cycle. Certain individuals of the species suddenly learnt the secrets of time travel via gates of mysterious energy that are still debated for their existence and stumble upon how their species (my theory says "should eventually") end. They then meddle about with history with the aid of powers that humanity never really understood fully until their very end. Did they alter the cycle? Did they change history? Does the time of humans still end somewhere after 2400? I don't know, it's just my take. Crono's journey did obviously have some kind of purpose, but I've not put much thought into it. I need thinking time dernit!

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 01:29:45 pm »
Then take your time, stud. Crono's journey is pretty important, and I don't really think that putting it on such low status is a good thing.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 02:37:41 pm »
You know lavos may not have killed the planet, but for some reason I doubt it was supposed to wipe it out.  Its a gigantic parasite... parasites cant kill their host, because they would die too... instead they try to suck as much energy they can without killing it...  Crono and co was simply ridding the planet of the giant space parasite.
The planet cannot have infinite power... that would be idiotic... nothing has infinite power.  Plus look at the planet... there was no capability to re-evolve into new life... all that were left were the mutants and spawn... the Spawn would drain out the planets capability...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 03:09:20 pm »
Legend of the Past is right. If the Planet wasn't on the brink of death in 2,300AD, there would be no Gates and no journey for Crono. The Ocean Palace Deluge in 12,000BC is the less important crisis for the Planet, as no Gates were created for whoever to prevent that deluge, and life indeed reflourished after it. The Apocalypse in 1,999AD however is a more deadly crisis and the whole point of Crono's quest was to prevent it, in order to save the Entity.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 03:13:48 pm »
Because the entity created the gates.
Riiight.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »
What's more intresting is the Ocean Palace disaster, actually. Destruction rained from the heavens, and yet the world survived... I'd wager that it's due to Lavos not gaining enough power...

Ah, and Magus, in reply to you: Yes, parasites don't kill hosts. And indeed, nothing has never-ending energy. However, due to the fact the Planet doesn't have eternal energy, Lavos coulden't use it anymore. I think the attacks that destroyed Zeal and eventually, the whole Planet, were just him giving a big loud yawn. Not to say he didn't want to destroy the Planet, but when you fight him in 1999 A.D., he's weaker then usual, due to his long sleep. Not unlike how the FF X party attacked Sin by making him docile with the Hymn of the Fayth, Lavos was docile (Or sleepy, if such a term applies for Lavos) due to his sleep of 13,999 years, and his longer sleep, which took 65,001,999 years.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Another ol' Lavos Theory
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 03:30:21 pm »
No, the other guy is right. If the planet was Dead, the planet would not have been able to dream anything up, so hence the gates could not have ever been caused by it. Heck, Lavos only absorbed the DNA of all life, and the energy of the planet. But yet, that is limitless in a way.

The fact that humans exist, a mutants, and that there is still some kind of weather pattern and oceans shows that. It's just blighted.

He said 2400. You're talking about 2300. There's a different.

And also, Paradox, in order for your theory of the Planet not dying to work, you're going to have to believe in Spontanious Generation, the theory of life rising off inorganic material. This was a theory from back in the Salem Witch Trials. You're not a witch burner, are you? Because your theory doesn't work :D Witch.