Author Topic: Zeal/Ocean Palace Paradox/Loose Ends?  (Read 7394 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Zeal/Ocean Palace Paradox/Loose Ends?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 06:38:38 pm »
Read Time Bastard more closely. Robo can see himself working on Fiona's forest because it is essentially the same object in both cases seen through different reference points in time. Robo could not, however, go back and take the Masamune to 2300 A.D. at 10 o clock, go back before his last time and take it again to the same period. The previous Masamune would be nullified. Likewise, regardless of the new future, the bewildered Crono that might come out early on in CT's timeframe would disappear at the moment the original Crono did in his quest.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »
wha?  Zeality, could you break down that last part about Crono disappearing after the orginal Crono did his quest?  I'm not following it.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 09:09:48 pm »
Yea, I am confused about what you are saying there too.

Akuma

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 09:44:06 pm »
About your 10 o'clock thing, there are only a few select time periods you can travel too. And time passes at the same speed for 65,000,000 B.C. and 1000 A.D. and all the other time periods.

Also, perhaps there are portals Lucca's gate key can not access. Would explain Magus going to 12,000 B.C. in a portal that takes people to 65,000,000 B.C.

However something like the Time Egg could overpower this little rule of time traveling. The Time Egg goes to any specific time you desire, that little Masamune thing you said, The Time Egg if someone used it would actually make it possible.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 10:00:22 pm »
I have provided a detailed explanation of the Time Bastard Theory in the On The Axioms & Corollaries Of Temporal Transforms thread.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 11:10:00 pm »
okay, I read this, and its screwy.  if thats how time in CT worked, in the timeline you end up with at the end of CT would not have even had the war with Mystics in the past!  Why?  Under this theory, people are magically warped to the DBT right and left!  Either i'm missing something, or this theory is crazy...

the new timelines would not include the time travelers with time traveler's immunity, so it would need the new versions of it to make history what we saw it as.

plus, how does time travelers immunity give someone permanent protection from time changes.  it seems ony logical that they would be protected from changes they themselves make.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 12:50:45 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
plus, how does time travelers immunity give someone permanent protection from time changes.  it seems ony logical that they would be protected from changes they themselves make.

IIRC, that's the only protection they get. Protection from anything caused by their own interference.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2005, 02:38:11 am »
Then why did Marle dissapear. She should have time travellers immunity. Just because Leene is out of the picture for a while, why does Marle instantly dissapear when Leene has not even been killed yet. And even if she did, shouldn't Marle exist for a while before the DBT totally absorbed her.

Alot of things are screwy.

Also on the point of Time Bastard.
Robo goes back to 600AD after he has completed his side quest. He sees himself doing stuff. No one nows mow much time has gone past, since you're still always in exactally 600AD. Just because Robo in 600AD might have aged 2 minutes doesn't mean hes totally different from Robo. If this was true, then someone immortal can be in any time, and their future self can go back in time and see all of them.

That would apply to Queen Zeal if she wished to do that, unless she's just in the Pocket Dimension.

And in Time Bastard, isn't it stated that multiple enteties cannot exist. Just because someone is older than their former self doens't mean their not the same bloody entity. Look and Kid and Schala. Kid is basically Schala's good side thats left. But they're still the same entity.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 03:12:37 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Then why did Marle dissapear. She should have time travellers immunity. Just because Leene is out of the picture for a while, why does Marle instantly dissapear when Leene has not even been killed yet. And even if she did, shouldn't Marle exist for a while before the DBT totally absorbed her.

The most commonly accepted belief was that the Entity did it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 11:27:33 am »
Yes, and Kid was made from real, bulk materials into a person; only in Radical Dreamers is she actually a version of Schala.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 05:35:12 pm »
If the entity took her, then wouldn't she be safe?

Marle:"Crono!  It was awful...  I can't recall it all... I was somewhere cold,
dark... and lonely.  Is that what it's like to... die?"

That seems very much like the DBT, and with no explination why she just had to go there.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 07:58:43 pm »
Marle's being sent to the DBT is basically a plot hole because it's inconsistent with the rest of the series.  Claiming the Entity spirited her away to force Crono to go find Leene is the best explanation to make the series consistent.  The Entity taking her away is not Squaresoft's idea, it's the Compendium's.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 08:06:57 pm »
Yes, probably because Kato didn't have complete control over the story. The largest pure-Kato idea in Chrono Trigger is the entire era of 12000 B.C., which he masterminded. Of course, he took the helm of the series after Trigger.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 09:33:21 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Yes, probably because Kato didn't have complete control over the story. The largest pure-Kato idea in Chrono Trigger is the entire era of 12000 B.C., which he masterminded. Of course, he took the helm of the series after Trigger.

Maybe Kato's original plot should be considered a possible timeline. the 12000 BC is full of hints about how this "Kato" timeline works.

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 12:48:13 am »
I have a somewhat pertinent question. Isn't it mroe logical that the protection they'd receive from temporal changes would begin only AFTER they had gone through a gate? (And thus became time travelers.)