Author Topic: Quote Digest  (Read 150612 times)

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
Re: Quote Digest
« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2011, 02:48:36 am »
Quote from: Richard Nixon, in 1971
‎"Homosexuality, dope, and immorality are the basic enemies of a strong society, and that's why the Russians are pushing it here, in order to destroy us."
One of my favourite political leaders when it comes to quoteable -isms.  :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 16, 2011, 01:07:11 am »
O, how many of our presidents would have been so immeasurably better if but they had never said a word!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 16, 2011, 01:29:34 am »
Quote from: Richard Branson's 2nd Autobiography
Remember, also, that the world is full of people who want to put you right, who want to play the realist to your wide-eyed innocent. P. 110

You, the wide-eyed innocent, are like the boy who declared that the emperor wasn’t wearing any clothes. You are about to change everything. P. 127

Remember: complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to make something simple. P. 166

There is such a thing as enlightened self-interest, and we should encourage it. It is possible to turn a profit while making the world a better place. P. 289

But I felt, and I still feel, it’s more important to do what you believe to be right in life, and if this contradicts your business interests, so be it. Business can’t be allowed to float above ordinary morality. P. 298

The scale of one’s social investments doesn’t matter. What matters is that you operate as a force for good at every scale available to you. An AIDS policy rolled out across the staff of your business is as important as an AIDS policy rolled out across the entire Virgin Group, or across an entire nation. The important thing is to have the idea, and realize it, however modestly. P. 299

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 04, 2011, 01:49:23 am »
NO. NO. Dude. do not make me angry. I am already mad as it is ... now please leave me alone I am already grow tired of this.

Looooooooooooooooooove iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 04, 2011, 02:14:04 am »
Quote from: Arlo Guthrie, [i]'Alice's Restaurant Massacree'[/i]
I said, 'Shrink... I wanna kill. I mean, I wanna kill. I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead, burnt bodies. I mean kill! Kill! KILL!' and I started jumpin' up and down, yellin' 'KILL! KILL!' and then the shrink started jumpin' and we was both jumpin' up and down, yellin' 'KILL! KILL!' And then the sergeant walked in, set me down and pinned a badge on me and said, 'You're our boy.'

Great song by the greatest hippie in the history of hippies.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:16:04 am by Manly Man »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 04, 2011, 03:18:16 am »
NO. NO. Dude. do not make me angry. I am already mad as it is ... now please leave me alone I am already grow tired of this.

Looooooooooooooooooove iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
:-D :lol:

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 04, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »
Quote from: T. E. Lawrence
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 04, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

I love that quote.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 06, 2011, 01:48:51 am »
this whole thread just makes me smile.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #594 on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:02 am »

I love that quote.

Me too.

Quote from: Albert Szent-Györgyi
"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought".

Quote from: Jorge Luis Borges
"Writing is nothing more than a guided dream."

Quote from: Friedensreich Hundertwasser
"When one dreams alone, it is only a dream. When many dream together, it is the beginning of a new reality."

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 06, 2011, 06:34:17 am »
Quote from: Richard Nixon, in 1971
‎"Homosexuality, dope, and immorality are the basic enemies of a strong society, and that's why the Russians are pushing it here, in order to destroy us."
One of my favourite political leaders when it comes to quoteable -isms.  :lol:

Ayo did you know back in the day Nixon commissioned some scientists and doctors to do a study on my favorite thing in da whole wide world (WEED) to see if it was harmful or not? (like you need to take more than 5 min to discover that lol)
Long story short, the researchers came back saying that marijuana was more beneficial than it was harmful. Nixon didnt personally agree so he threw da whole report out, *smh* Guess dat cat was expectin the team to come back all sayin smokin pot will make you retarded or some ish. Fuck Nixon :evil:

white boys say some crazy shit sometimes (No Homo)

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 06, 2011, 12:38:07 pm »
I will get this shirt.

Also, here's one to blame on 4chan.

Quote from: Troll
"I hate double standards. Why is it that if a woman goes and has sex with a bunch of men, she's called a slut, but if a man does it he's called a homosexual?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:41:19 pm by Manly Man »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 06, 2011, 10:10:14 pm »
Ayo did you know back in the day Nixon commissioned some scientists and doctors to do a study on my favorite thing in da whole wide world (WEED) to see if it was harmful or not? (like you need to take more than 5 min to discover that lol)
Long story short, the researchers came back saying that marijuana was more beneficial than it was harmful. Nixon didnt personally agree so he threw da whole report out, *smh* Guess dat cat was expectin the team to come back all sayin smokin pot will make you retarded or some ish. Fuck Nixon :evil:

While cannabis is not the all encompassing villain that it is sometimes made out to be, it would be a mistake to assume that it is innocent. Use increases ones risk for psychosis and prolongs expression of that psychosis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21363868
There also seems to be a casual relationship (not to be confused with a causal relationship) between stroke and cannabis use, although the specifics of this relationship are not well understood.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #598 on: March 07, 2011, 06:36:15 am »
XDDD your dialect amuses me.  :lol: It's been so long since I've heard someone talk like that.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 07, 2011, 08:59:17 am »
I've been watching Mad Men, and this quote really moved me.

The only thing keeping you from being happy is the belief that you are alone.