Author Topic: How To.........  (Read 11770 times)

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »
Yeah Im having a litle problem too, Im doing kinda the same thing but a lil diffrent. Im trying to put Schalas sprite in place of Gato and I succeed and her animations work when I engage her but she stays frozen in the outreached arms stance and doesn't move or anything, BTW I have Zeal final form moveset for her. Any tips?

MoonStoner

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 10:03:46 pm »
Thanks for the help! I changed the enemy PRM to 3 and everything seems to work great.

BTW, what is the PRM parameter do, exactly?

Thanks again,
-MoonStoner

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 11:24:54 pm »
Quote from: kennyj2003
Yeah Im having a litle problem too, Im doing kinda the same thing but a lil diffrent. Im trying to put Schalas sprite in place of Gato and I succeed and her animations work when I engage her but she stays frozen in the outreached arms stance and doesn't move or anything, BTW I have Zeal final form moveset for her. Any tips?

Chickenlump (Zeal Battle author) will know more about this one, but the problem is likely because that Schala only has a few basic animations, not the entire set that monsters have.

BTW, what is the PRM parameter do, exactly?

This one is still sort of unknown.  One of the bits, along with one of the flags in the Battle command setting determines if the enemy disappears after being killed.  If you wanted, you could make Gato die and disappear like a regular enemy.  The other bits appear to have something to do with what order the enemies are in when the battle starts (ex: the enemy names list)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 02:51:26 am »
Kenny:  Yup JLukas Nailed it on the head there

Moon:  

I even learned a bit from JLukas post there.  All I know is

1)  Between 3-A (A may be wrong)
2)  When you have 2 of the same enemy it helps if the PRM is farther apart
3)  Instead of guess and checking it's easier to just look for examples of how to have more than one enemy (For Example I tried like 10 combinations to do zeal and her hands before I finally just checked the real fight, same with dragon Tank)

MoonStoner

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 03:43:38 am »
Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm starting to really enjoy working with TF. At first I got frustrated with all the details, but a few short examples by the more expirienced users has shown me what a jewl this program actually is. Keep up the excellent work JLukas, Geiger, and Chickenlump!

Time to get to work on some new sidequests. A "finding Schala" quest seems interesting enough. Maybe one day it'll be possible to have her join the team...

-MoonStoner

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 04:33:33 am »
Sorry I gotta be persistant but is there anyway for her to function normally in any battle scene with that A.I. pointer?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 09:07:37 am »
Well, I had the enemy AI pointer where the enemy walks around and stuff.  I just have to find it again :\.  I'll post it here once i find it

31655 moves around and attacks but this is taken from Gato's AI.  So if you want them 2 use gato's moves use that.  But i'll try to find another one where they just walk around and hit.

Another update -_-.  34523 this one runs towards the hero and attacks.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
How To.........
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 10:27:23 am »
Good luck, MoonStoner. It's good to see someone break past the initial troubles of learning events so deftly!

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 01:13:12 pm »
Sorry I gotta be persistant but is there anyway for her to function normally in any battle scene with that A.I. pointer?

It wasn't until recently that I found out that Chrono Tweaker wasn't saving AI pointers correctly (nobody noticed, and nobody let me know). It can still be done through a hex editor, changing her pointer manually, looking at Geiger's offsets listing or that pointer list I made awhile back. Try other AI if you like, some enemies require other enemies to be active, or on screen, or other variables to be set, as part of their AI. Also, like Jlukas has mentioned, the game, or the monster's AI, or a certain enemy tech will call for enemy animation number 18, while Schala (or whoever) only has up to animation number 8 (completely made up numbers, but it gets the point across).

This is part of why Zeal Battle hasn't gotten an upgrade in awhile.   :?

There are other ways to make a better Schala for battle, but it would involve being creative, and other hard work. I am impressed you have come as far as you have though, your improvement in general is very impressive.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 01:51:15 pm »
Aha...I should have told you earlier. I tried replacing a Frog with something else, and noticed the changes weren't saving. Never e-mailed you though  :oops:

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 02:11:56 pm »
It's ok, I plan on updating it one of these days. :)

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 08:55:25 pm »
Quote from: Chickenlump

It wasn't until recently that I found out that Chrono Tweaker wasn't saving AI pointers correctly (nobody noticed, and nobody let me know). It can still be done through a hex editor, changing her pointer manually, looking at Geiger's offsets listing or that pointer list I made awhile back. Try other AI if you like, some enemies require other enemies to be active, or on screen, or other variables to be set, as part of their AI. Also, like Jlukas has mentioned, the game, or the monster's AI, or a certain enemy tech will call for enemy animation number 18, while Schala (or whoever) only has up to animation number 8 (completely made up numbers, but it gets the point across).

This is part of why Zeal Battle hasn't gotten an upgrade in awhile.   :?

There are other ways to make a better Schala for battle, but it would involve being creative, and other hard work. I am impressed you have come as far as you have though, your improvement in general is very impressive.
Thanx Ive been really trying alot on TP through trial and error and I gotta say its hard sometimes when you try 50 diffrent things and they don't work. For instance I got her to walk around as the enemy, using the Hetake pointer, and she jumps and attacks :D but thats pretty much all she does.I read somewhere that Magus's second form A.I. pointer works with her normally but I can't seem to get it to work. Which A.I. pointer did you use for the Zeal Battle(which was very cool, my inspiration)?

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:14 am »
I don't for the life of me remember whose AI I used.  :(

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted final Spekkio's AI... *evil laugh*
I didn't know Crono Tweaker was borked in that area at the time, which explains why I didn't end up using his/her/it's AI. >_>

For the first Zeal Battle, I think I used Magus' second AI. I wished my memory extended past just the past few hours of my current existance.  :x

MoonStoner

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Tweaker Link
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 01:00:06 am »
Where would I be able to find a copy of Chrono Tweaker? I searched the internet, and the link to the Compendium /files/ copy gives me a "Page not found" error.

ms

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
How To.........
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:21 am »
http://cc.herograw.org/Black/Other/ChronoTweaker.zip

Headered Roms only at the moment. You can use SNESPal to add the rom.