Author Topic: Battlespeed bug?  (Read 1059 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« on: December 02, 2005, 07:16:28 am »
Yesterday, I found out that there seems to be a major bug with the battle speed in CT. I always thought there could be some kind of this bug, but I never bothered trying till now. I'm at my Low-Level-Game, Magus, following a strategie using 1 Barrier to survive 2 Darkmatters. However, it never worked, even with perfect timing. And because I don't like to admit that I suck, I searched for a reason, and yes, found one:

If you use Battlespeed 8(slowest), the Barrier protects you ~5 turns(not enough for 2 Darkmatters), but if you use battle speed 1(fastest), you are ~20(!!!) turns protected!

I donno if this was already mentioned, but this is a major problem if you try Magus on a Low-Level-Game with Battlespeed 8.
Anybody else ever noticed this one? This would mean playing with the fastest speed means some kind of advantage, and the disadvantage is, well, you've to be faster.

Discoman44

Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:58:44 am »
Well maybe it lasts for a amount of time instead of turns. Considering the increased speed it would be able to protect you longer. Of course I really wouldn't care considering I never use protective spells.  :D

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 12:27:30 pm »
I've never changed Battlespeed, so I haven't noticed what you are talking about. However, I'll do so, soon. It sounds... interesting...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 02:19:24 pm »
It's interesting... and in fact it means that changing the battle speed is actually useful, instead of having no effect beside changing the player's perception.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:13:39 pm »
hmmm that explains it. Ive actually tried a low level game and using a barrier for magus. I thought i was just going crazy  :D

big kake

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 05:24:08 pm »
Oo, I was just going to report this on the boards lol.

I can't believe I spent 2 Hours writing my LL Magus strategy to see that simply changing the Battle-Speed to 8 will probably let Frog comfortably survive 4 and even 6 Dark Matters.. which would comfortably allow Frog to slay Magus without much strategy with nimble fingers.

Well I can;t delete all that work.. I simply can't.. I just made a note of it lol... Find me more Bugs Cyber!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 05:28:02 pm »
Hey, welcome to the Compendium kake. Though I'm unable to proofread it or anything, I have been anticipating the new LL guide. Good luck.

big kake

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Battlespeed bug?
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 05:53:45 pm »
Thanks, I been lingering for a while actually.

The FAQ is already up and posted on GameFAQ's. It's largely complete save a few errors e.g Hp, Spelling etc which I will probably never fix lol..

All I need to do now is come up with a decent for-fun Golem & Magus strategy which requires yet another playthrough. Also I may consider rewriting some bosses what involve Barrier/Shield abuse (not too many..) to take into account Cyber's find. Magus has already been noted however, and I suggested a gamespeed of 4 since I'm trying to account that not everyone has swift fingers.

I do appreciate errors & suggestions be reported asap though so that can be corrected/ignored :)