Author Topic: Janus and the Gurus fate....  (Read 6883 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Janus and the Gurus fate....
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 03:51:19 pm »
But that still doesn't explain why Janus was with Melchior in Algetty at the time that they were gated.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 04:08:42 pm »
Maybe that's because they weren't.

There no one who said that they were there. The translation might be wrong, or that someone else witnessed it (hello there were like a lot of Zealians in the Ocean Palace who could have used the Nu's exit) and could have seen it.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2005, 05:36:28 pm »
What? Since when were there Zealians in the Ocean Palace?

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2005, 05:47:28 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

There were those people with the Queen, Schala, and Magus. Remember the Queen killed one of them? There's no way of knowing if they escaped though.

Maybe Melchior and Janus were gated out while Crono & Co., the Queen, Schala, and Magus were in Lavos' PD.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2005, 05:51:42 pm »
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: Chrono'99

There were those people with the Queen, Schala, and Magus. Remember the Queen killed one of them? There's no way of knowing if they escaped though.

Maybe Melchior and Janus were gated out while Crono & Co., the Queen, Schala, and Magus were in Lavos' PD.

Okay sorry. I remembered the woman who was killed but not the other persons. Those are Enlightened Ones though. The guy who says the Janus/Melchior stuff is Earthbound.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2005, 07:13:10 pm »
Wait, when exactly were one of the Zealians killed? I have no memory of that whatsoever...though I do remember there were more than one Zealian in the palace itself.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2005, 07:31:13 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Wait, when exactly were one of the Zealians killed? I have no memory of that whatsoever...though I do remember there were more than one Zealian in the palace itself.

If I recall correctly, she's the first person who is zapped by the Mammon Machine (that's in Magus' flashback). It seems she's killed and not gated like the other persons.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2005, 09:00:05 pm »
Wasn't Janus in Algetty because he and the Prophet went there to fetch Schala, who came to talk to Crono, which led to the cutscene of Crono's party being banished from 12,000 BC? o_o

Naz

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 09:44:15 pm »
Only Magus and Schala went to seal the gate. Janus probably stayed at the Palace.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2005, 06:48:38 pm »
But I SWEAR I saw Janus there too. I distinctly remember Janus at Algetty! I remember it more clearly than Algetty's own name >.>

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2005, 07:03:15 pm »
Janus was there when Dalton came to capture Schala, and he said something like how dirty it is there... I think..

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2005, 07:33:28 pm »
You're right, I seem to remember that too.  I can't remember if Dalton took him too or if he ended up running out to get to Schala though.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2005, 08:20:15 pm »
"What a filthy hovel" is what Janus said. Dalton comes and takes Schala. Janus tries to attack Dalton, but Dalton knocks him out and the group. When they reawaken, Janus ran off after Dalton, which is towards the ocean palace.

Lin_Zhen_Quan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.happydragon.tk
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2006, 02:41:17 am »

Quote:

... How exactly does that have anything to do with what the Elder said about Janus and Melchior?

Because it's in the same context. So because the Elder is talking as if somebody told him what happened at the Palace, then that person would have seen Janus and Melchior disappear, and would testify to saying that no body saw Schala after they left etc.

The elder does not have Time Travellers immunity therefore remembers it differently. Plus The elder wasnt there this is probably information he got from word of mouth.[/quote]