Author Topic: There an easy answer to this?  (Read 6086 times)

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Amulet vs. pendant
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 07:47:49 pm »
The amulet and the pendant are two seperate things.  If you remember from CT, Schala gives Janus the Amulet in a room in Zeal palace.  You walk in and Janus talks to his sister about the black wind blowing and Schala gives Janus the amulet telling him that if anything were to happen to him he would be protected.  However, later on she has a pendant that she uses the power up on to send you out of the ocean palace when crono dies.

That raises the question of how the two got to where they did.  My guess would be that Magus gives Kid the Amulet in the future.  Since there were pictures of the CT cast at the orphanage I would infer that they had been there before and seen kid.  As for the Pendant, it could have stayed in the ocean palace, been preserved by the entity, and sent into the future.  I'm not sure about this but I believe that a comment is made on the pendant when you go to 600 A.D.  When marle is confused for the queen they say she looks young but has the same pendant.(Still not sure on that one)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
There an easy answer to this?
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 06:21:54 pm »
You're wrong there for a couple reasons...The Astral Amulet and the Pendant are in fact the same thing.

Schala gives Janus an Amulet, yes, but that Amulet is not by any means made of Dreamstone, and only protects status, nothing more.

If you've played the Chrono Trigger in Chronicles, you'll notice in the scene when Kid appears that she has the Pendant with her.

Also, in Chrono Cross, Kid mentions that it was with her since she was a baby, and that it helped her and blahdy blah blah hippity-hoo-ha...

Plus, if you'll look at the Astral Amulet's picture in the Chrono Cross Item List, you'll notice a shway little Zealian symbol on it's pouch...NEAT!

So, Schala gave Kid her Pendant when she sent her whereever or whatever...

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 07:40:25 pm »
Quote from: Swordmaster
Some say that the energy sphere above Crono when he use the "Mega" Luminaire is the pendant. What happen to that sphere ?

I'm not sure, after Schala sends the party out of the Palace, the energy sphere remains in the Palace. I basically have 3 opinions on what happend. 1)  The elder of the last village says that the pendant was found by their side, as if guarding them, so maybe Crono's spirit exists in the pendant.  2)  After Schala sent the party away she saw that the pendant was still on the floor, figured it would be the only keepsake of Crono's they had so she used that pendants power to send itself to the last village.  3)  The energy sphere rising isnt the pendant at all, but the party seeing the Time Egg being activated, opening the gate and allowing the  future party to switch Crono and the doll clone.  What we see on the palace floor afterwards is just the remains of the broken Time Egg.

So yea, I think the third one is a whole new thought altogether, tell me what you guys think.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 10:25:03 pm »
The third one doesn't work because you can't see something that hasn't happened yet...First, Crono dies, then they replace him. He doesn't initially dissapear because he's been replaced.

I figured that the Pendant had it's own spirit, not Crono, either the Entity/Planet or possibly Doreen.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 05:51:11 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
The third one doesn't work because you can't see something that hasn't happened yet...First, Crono dies, then they replace him. He doesn't initially dissapear because he's been replaced.

I figured that the Pendant had it's own spirit, not Crono, either the Entity/Planet or possibly Doreen.

You are right, the Pendant's spirit cannot be Crono's because if it were, Crono's eventual ressurection would mean that two Crono souls exist and that just doesnt work.

If you look at the anime sequence in the psx version, Crono isnt firing off a "mega-luminaire" at all, hes actually being completely beaten and doesnt hurt Lavos a bit, even though the game with its limitations makes it look like hes calling up some great lightning spell.  The pendant is made of dreamstone and perhaps Crono's last thought before he expired was the safety of his friends. So the spirit of the newly M.Machine empowered pendant took everyone , except Zeal and Lavos, out of Lavos's pocket dimension and back to the Palace.  Then it hung around until Lavos absorbed Schala and transported itself to the party at the Last Village, where the Elder mentions that the pendant was by them as if guarding them.   There...I think that works.  The only thing I can't account for is why Crono's pendant wouldnt simply send Schala to the last village as well, but then again, Schala chose to remain, considering with her around another Mammon Machine would be a possibility.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 11:36:21 am »
Quote from: Faulce

You are right, the Pendant's spirit cannot be Crono's because if it were, Crono's eventual ressurection would mean that two Crono souls exist and that just doesnt work.

If you look at the anime sequence in the psx version, Crono isnt firing off a "mega-luminaire" at all, hes actually being completely beaten and doesnt hurt Lavos a bit, even though the game with its limitations makes it look like hes calling up some great lightning spell.  The pendant is made of dreamstone and perhaps Crono's last thought before he expired was the safety of his friends. So the spirit of the newly M.Machine empowered pendant took everyone , except Zeal and Lavos, out of Lavos's pocket dimension and back to the Palace.  Then it hung around until Lavos absorbed Schala and transported itself to the party at the Last Village, where the Elder mentions that the pendant was by them as if guarding them.   There...I think that works.  The only thing I can't account for is why Crono's pendant wouldnt simply send Schala to the last village as well, but then again, Schala chose to remain, considering with her around another Mammon Machine would be a possibility.

I'm sure that the pendant was transported by the entity, nothing else really makes any sense. I don't think that the pendant has a mind of its own, even if it is forged with dreamstone. I say this because of what happened at the fair when Marle was originally teleported.  The pendant was defintely not charged at that time, and yet it somehow did not teleport with Marle. But it did teleport with Crono, kinda odd dont'cha think?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 06:38:28 pm »
With Marle, it's just around her neck, we don't even know if it's really even touching her skin. Crono holds onto the Pendant tightly, as instructed by Lucca. Also, the fact that it didn't go with her could have been the result of the Entity, but I don't think that that possibility refutes the possibility that the Pendant has it's own spirit.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 11:54:30 am »
True, but it makes it a lot harder to make that case if it really is the entity's intervention that keeps the pendant in 1000 A.D.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 08:11:29 pm »
But why? The Entity did stuff to prevent it from dying out, right? So, why does it doing anything change whether or not the Pendant has it's own spirit? The way I see it, at both times when the Pendant is near (in CC at the time of getting the Mastermune), Doreen is also...Coincidence? Perhaps...I like to think that she is in fact the spirit of the Pendant, at the very least, Schala's.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 02:47:17 am »
er i just rememberd this if schala gave her pendent to kid the one you see in the third final fmv in the good ending when she cloned her self and since marles pendent is schalas how did it get from kid 1020 AD to when ever thr royel family of Guardia got it or is marle's pendent a completely different one since in zeal one peson remarks that "your pendent looks just LIKE schala's" so mabye they're two different pendents

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 01:26:09 pm »
Guardia may not have the pendant anymore, but Marle would keep hers due to time traveler's immunity.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
But why? The Entity did stuff to prevent it from dying out, right? So, why does it doing anything change whether or not the Pendant has it's own spirit? The way I see it, at both times when the Pendant is near (in CC at the time of getting the Mastermune), Doreen is also...Coincidence? Perhaps...I like to think that she is in fact the spirit of the Pendant, at the very least, Schala's.

Oh yea, dammit I really need to finish Cross. I forgot that Doreen is proposed as the keeper of the pendant, so to speak.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 01:27:21 am »
doreen is the keeper ofthe pendent??? where does it say of suggest that ive never seen it suggest that anywhere and ive played both CC and CT lot of times

and with the pendant no one really answerd my questions marles pendent seemed t just move through time time from whatever time after kid had it but if that was true it would cause the time line to screw up so where did it come from unless it is a compleately different pendent from schalas/kids

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 08:37:58 pm »
What are you talking about? Razor's edge answered you already...Marle keeps her Pendant, which was originally the Lavos Timeline Schala's Pendant, because of time traveler's immunity and Kid gets the Chrono Trigger Timeline Schala's Pendant.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 11:15:48 pm »
er wwhat they swich pendent? huh? im confused now???