Author Topic: Where is Magus?  (Read 8595 times)

fxar99

  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • *
  • Posts: 232
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2005, 07:58:21 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Quote from: fxar99
Yes, okay, we understood! Magus is not Guile!

Now, tell me this: Was Guile planned to be Magus in the first stages of CC development or not?


Yes he was, but as said, they canned the idea.


So, they did have an idea! There was a way for Magus to travel to 1000 AD, but it was abandoned!

Crono_Maniac

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2005, 09:15:57 pm »
The Serge-Magus idea isn't that crazy.  But here's a really crazy idea:  What if Watzuki is, dare I say it, King Zeal?  Maybe Magus met up with Watzuki, who was sent back in time due to something bizzare.  Watzuki used extremely powerful magic to change Magus' age and...and....

I don't know, but it's an interesting concept, somewhat like the Porre-Dalton theory.

Everyone knows where Dalton went....I think....

Chrono'99

  • Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
  • *
  • Posts: 3605
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2005, 09:20:42 pm »
Quote from: fxar99
Quote from: Sentenal
Quote from: fxar99
Yes, okay, we understood! Magus is not Guile!

Now, tell me this: Was Guile planned to be Magus in the first stages of CC development or not?


Yes he was, but as said, they canned the idea.


So, they did have an idea! There was a way for Magus to travel to 1000 AD, but it was abandoned!

We don't know the details. Maybe it was abandoned because they precisely didn't find a decent way for him to travel to 1000 AD (a way which could fit in the entire scheme of things, with Belthasar's plans and the 44 other characters' "stories")...

Mystik3eb

  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • *
  • Posts: 1022
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Where is Magus?
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2005, 09:44:45 pm »
Quote from: Crono_Maniac
The Serge-Magus idea isn't that crazy.  But here's a really crazy idea:  What if Watzuki is, dare I say it, King Zeal?  Maybe Magus met up with Watzuki, who was sent back in time due to something bizzare.  Watzuki used extremely powerful magic to change Magus' age and...and....

I don't know, but it's an interesting concept, somewhat like the Porre-Dalton theory.

Everyone knows where Dalton went....I think....


That would mean Schala loves her half-brother...eww. Anyway it's not the King.  He's dead.

CyberSarkany

  • Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • *
  • Posts: 695
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2005, 07:18:07 am »
Is there any information in the 2 games about the king? For example if Queen Zeal prisoned him or something like she did with the gurus?

Zaperking

  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • *
  • Posts: 2210
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2005, 08:21:40 am »
It was simply that after the death of King Zeal, Queen Zeal bore her pain and advanced Zeal. Possibly before that, everyone was Earthbound.

Crono_Maniac

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2005, 10:16:25 am »
Maybe he was drawn into a gate.  We don't know the facts.  Maybe Watzuki is Magus.  After all, Lynx is a Black Innate.  At what point in Chrono Cross is Watzuki shown to look just like Serge?  Perhaps they were showing Magus from the days with Ozzie.  We don't know what Magus looked like as a teenager.

Dyne

  • Iokan (+1)
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
    • http://dyne.technoized.com
Where is Magus?
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2005, 11:18:46 am »
I think Wazuki turned into a black innate due to FATE. Perhaps he was a white innate previously, until that little incident.

I kinda doubt the theory about Wazuki/Serge being Magus or whatever. I mean, sure, Serge wants to save Schala, but c'mon. She was one of the best characters in the game! Who wouldn't wanna save her? ;D

Plus, it would mean Schala/Kid married (yes, I've read they've gotten married) her brother or her nephew. Ew, just like Mystik said.

Kazuki

  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • *
  • Posts: 948
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2005, 11:44:01 am »
Ugh, I hate the idea that Serge or his father = Magus. It sounds way too much like something you might lie to a Cross hater to get him to actually play the game. And yeah, since when Serge became Lynx temporarily, his innate changed from white to black, it's safe to assume that the same thing occured when FATE transformed Wazuki into Lynx.

Crono_Maniac

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2005, 11:44:06 am »
It was just a theory.  I doubt it too.  Well, we don't know anything about the Zealot culture.  They could be like the Egyptians.  Who knows?

Dyne

  • Iokan (+1)
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
    • http://dyne.technoized.com
Where is Magus?
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2005, 11:47:51 am »
Quote from: Crono_Maniac
It was just a theory.  I doubt it too.  Well, we don't know anything about the Zealot culture.  They could be like the Egyptians.  Who knows?


Eh? Like the Egyptians in terms of what...?

Kazuki

  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • *
  • Posts: 948
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2005, 11:52:08 am »
I doubt they were Egyptian-esque...a big part of Egyptian culture/afterlife were the slaves/peasants and the majority of the lower class population. Whereas, in Zeal everybody is treated as an equal (from what I've surmised), and there really is no labor for the majority.

Sentenal

  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • *
  • Posts: 1948
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2005, 11:53:27 am »
Quote from: Crono_Maniac
It was just a theory.  I doubt it too.  Well, we don't know anything about the Zealot culture.  They could be like the Egyptians.  Who knows?


We know plenty about it...  We got to take our own personal tour of the countryside...

Dyne

  • Iokan (+1)
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
    • http://dyne.technoized.com
Where is Magus?
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2005, 11:56:09 am »
Quote from: Kazuki
I doubt they were Egyptian-esque...a big part of Egyptian culture/afterlife were the slaves/peasants and the majority of the lower class population. Whereas, in Zeal everybody is treated as an equal (from what I've surmised), and there really is no labor for the majority.


Well, perhaps in Zeal they were treated that way to their fellow Zealians, but Zeal also took countrol of the Earthbounds and made them slaves to mine for Dreamstone, right?

But uh, that's semi-Egyptian-esque, ne? XD

Crono_Maniac

  • Porrean (+50)
  • *
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Where is Magus?
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2005, 03:26:39 pm »
I meant that they might marry their own siblings to preserve the royal blood.  I'm just going to stop fighting for my theory.  It was just an idea that I doubt very, very much.