Author Topic: Cross Phenomena  (Read 15585 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 06:39:33 pm »
Chrono'99 has exposed a plot hole: only one moon appears in the burning of Lucca's orphanage scene, yet there exist two moons in Keystone T-2. Explanations may include that the other moon could not be seen, or was completing a revolution behind the player and his vantage point.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2004, 08:56:10 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
I think Zenny is also used in some other RPG...one of the Breath of Fire games, maybe?

Mega Man Legends (or Dash, if you prefer).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 08:00:33 pm »
On Nikki:

Quote from: Arc Impulse
Nikki's a walking spoof of a Japanese rock genre that was quite popular a couple years ago, called visual kei. The sound is sort of a goth-punk-metal fusion, and the performers are known for dressing very androgynously in all kinds of extravagant costumes and performing with elaborate theatrics (sometimes with storylines, like Nikki's concert in the game) onstage.

Quote from: Just Peachy
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cadjin. wrote:
My question for CC buffs out there is this: Why is Nikki a male rock star who looks like a flat chested over grown 13 year old girl gone gothic? And yes, I am serious about this. I can understand making "diverse" characters, but I think Nikki is where the crossed the line.

-cadjin.

If you've followed any Japanese music trends when the game was released (and I'm guessing by the question you haven't), Nikki is modelled after a genre called Visual Kei. Now I'm not saying that this is something that the CC team admitted and it's complete truth, but if you look at a lot of Japanese rock bands, especially from a few years ago, you will find this:

1. Very androgenous
2. Exotic colored hair (i.e. stop light red)
3. RIDICULOUS OUTFITS!!!!
4. Heavy Gothic influence

I'm very into Japanese music, and I've seen bands like this, it was something extremely popular over there for quite a while, and I still think it has a fan following today. That and another influence could be the growing Elegant Gothic Lolita/Aristocrat communities.

Hope that helped you out a little.

EDIT: I just saw Arc Impulse's post now, so don't shoot me that I pretty much just said what he did ;_;. Examples of this genre are: Dir~en~grey, Malice Mizer, and Duel Jewel.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 08:08:49 pm »
Fasius's Dilemma

Quote from: Fasius
When you're sent back to Lucca's house during the sidequest to wake up Kid from her coma, if you try using the Ice Breath from the water dragon to put out the fires, it'll tell you it doesn't work. Now in my mind, although it may be wrong, the Ice Breath is an element El Nido, just in key item form, like the Chrono Cross. So if the Ice breath doesn't work, the other elements wouldn't work, and the theory of Porre using them on the mainlan would fall apart.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 05:19:53 pm »
Yes, but isn't Another World the one in which the Blue/Water Dragon doesn't exist? It only exists in Home World. So it's possible that you wouldn't be able to use it then because of that perhaps? I'm also not sure if it doesn't work myself...I'm fairly sure you don't have to get the Ice Gun, even though your other party member does go away either way...Does anyone back that up either way?

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2004, 01:04:46 am »
In Chronopolis do not use the computer with the Radical Dreamers text until you get Kid back.
If you return there with Kid and use the computer, Kid will recognize the names as her  "old mates". Very strange.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2004, 01:12:11 am »
How is that strange? Perhaps she knew them in some other way in her dimension.

Chibi-Bob

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://livejournal.com/~chibibob
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 03:28:08 pm »
Well, we know Kidd transcended from Another World to Home World specifically to save Serge, and then she must have returned to Another World.  So who's to say she hasn't exisited for much longer than we thought she has?  Who's to say there isn't just one Kidd with the ability to traverse dimensions at will?  And who's to say that Kidd isn't a million people at once, spread across every dimension, yet due to Schala's influence and the incomplete Time Egg she carries, she IS every single Kidd, recognizing what's going on in each dimension at one time...  Perhaps Kidd herself, and all her millions of dimensional selves, are controlled in unison by Schala?  It's not too hard to do for the woman bound to Lavos and outside the normal flow of time-space, in the Tesseract.

Who knows? :P

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2004, 01:00:48 am »
Just a curiosity.  
There's a glass picture in Viper Manor Library. It show the figure of a woman with a forest in the background.  So there's a possibility that it show Fiona.  But , if this is true, in which context? Religious? Historic ? Family?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2004, 06:17:54 am »
Quote from: Swordmaster
Just a curiosity.  
There's a glass picture in Viper Manor Library. It show the figure of a woman with a forest in the background.  So there's a possibility that it show Fiona.  But , if this is true, in which context? Religious? Historic ? Family?

Nice find. If it's really Fiona, and since Viper Manor was built by Porre, maybe it means she (and her forest) was important in Porre's history, or more precisely in the rise of Porre.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Cross Phenomena
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 02:53:21 am »
Maybe a central figure in the rise of Porre was descended from Fiona and Marco.