Author Topic: Saving Schala After-Effects  (Read 10468 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Saving Schala After-Effects
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2005, 01:54:05 pm »
Wait a sec, didn't we used to have a bit thread on Robo?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2005, 02:03:01 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Wait a sec, didn't we used to have a bit thread on Robo?

Most likely, but most topics die off before the majority of members get a chance to read it.

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2005, 02:25:30 pm »
Wouldn't Lucca have created the Prometheus circuit to guarantee he had a place in the future?  Afterall, we know at the end of Trigger she was really upset about that.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2005, 03:59:59 pm »
Data CAN be copied.

It's not so unbelievable that Robo's data was simply copied and uploaded as the Prometheus circuit.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2005, 06:06:21 pm »
That would take away the whole experiance and point of their journy for Robo in CT then. Robo gained like a metaphorical heart. He learned emotions, he became almost human and did good things. I don't think Masato would allow such a loved character to simply be "Copied", besides the fact that once Robo went into the gate, it was shut for good.

As Masato said "I'm sure a lot of players would make a similar 'big fuss' over the death of such a much-loved friend... "

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2005, 06:53:15 pm »
Not really, without the journey Robo would probably never fully realized his emotions etc. And if they were copied, it would make a big difference with Robo's pre-Lavos adventures and post-Lavos.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2005, 06:54:17 pm »
Well, if the Mega Man series is any indication, robots can just keep coming back (stupid Sigma!).  Lucca's smart enough to make a backup.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2005, 09:06:13 pm »
I don't see why Robo wouldn't allow Lucca to disassemble his body and put his 'mind' into the Frozen Flame lock system, especially if Belthasar told him everything of his plan. Robo's a good, caring personality who would, and has, risked his life for his friends (remember the scene in the Factory? Yeah...).

And I personally believe Lucca went into the future with the Epoch and helped Chronopolis and stuff. Though she could have easily not...I dunno really.

And we still don't know that Lucca died, and unless Sentenal comes up with a brilliant no-duh idea that puts all question to rest like he's done to some of my previous beliefs, that's where I stand: we don't know.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2005, 09:26:40 pm »
The notion of Lucca travelling to Chronopolis is pretty much disproved by the fact that Chronopolis has limited knowledge of Lavos and Zeal. Had Lucca travelled there, she could have provided some much-needed info.

(Also, a lot of the "brilliant no duh responses," are conclusions drawn from previous discussions. If you have the time, sift through the old threads.)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2005, 10:11:19 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
That would take away the whole experiance and point of their journy for Robo in CT then. Robo gained like a metaphorical heart. He learned emotions, he became almost human and did good things. I don't think Masato would allow such a loved character to simply be "Copied", besides the fact that once Robo went into the gate, it was shut for good.

As Masato said "I'm sure a lot of players would make a similar 'big fuss' over the death of such a much-loved friend... "

And why would it not be copied? Same Robo, none of the fuss. It's not necessarily taking away from anything, either. Because we only see one Robo, thus we associate ourselves with that Robo.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2005, 10:34:03 pm »
Sentenal the great is of the opinion that Lucca isnt dead till I see a body.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Sentenal the great is of the opinion that Lucca isnt dead till I see a body.

Mystik3eb the humble agrees.

Quote from: Kazuki
(Also, a lot of the "brilliant no duh responses," are conclusions drawn from previous discussions. If you have the time, sift through the old threads.)

I would if I had the time. It'd do me alot of good.

But anyway, who says Lucca needs to give them that information? But no it's true, it's not likely she went to Chronopolis, but it's not totally impossible.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2005, 11:03:28 pm »
Bah, Kazuki, your taking away my fire!  lol

I think Lucca simply made the Promethius Lock, not the entire FATE computer.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2005, 12:42:26 am »
Well, as GrayLensman pointed out on the first page of this topic, when Schala is rescued, the Frozen Flame is sunk (in the future, anyway).  That means there's no reason for Lucca to build a lock, or to get killed over it.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2005, 03:15:05 am »
And why would it not be copied? Same Robo, none of the fuss. It's not necessarily taking away from anything, either. Because we only see one Robo, thus we associate ourselves with that Robo

You just mutilated the whole relation ship with Lucca and Robo. Lucca isn't a hussy whore skank bitch who is like "Well, if you die, i'll make myself another friend". Lucca is definetly not like that. She shows her caring side, and that all she wants to do is make machines safe for humans. She's not out to make copies of Robo, especially since she never had a chance to.
Besides, remember what Prometheus says. It's something like "Saaaave the fut...re................." or something.
And even Chronopolis had not yet cloned souls or anything, so how would Lucca go about it. Robo shows that he basically has a soul, and without the experiances, he wouldn't be who he is. I think using the real Robo as a thing to stop FATE would be very smart. Besides, if Belthasar fore saw all this, it means that he intended Lucca to be kindnapped and possibly killed, so I don't think she went into the future. Man, that'd be really fucked.