Author Topic: Zeality interview transcribed  (Read 1627 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Zeality interview transcribed
« on: October 01, 2005, 02:00:22 am »
Time for a quick Saturday update. My recent interview has been transcribed, and you can read it in features http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/27 . In the proceeds, I discuss how the site was founded, why we're so fanatical, and what the future has in store for the series and its community. Secondly, the external links in the encyclopedia are still awaiting edits, but the features have been fixed. Stay tuned for the improvements!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 04:07:59 am »
Sweet. There's still going to be an audio file though, right? Just wondering. Also...I noticed a few grammatical errors...I'm guessing it was a bit rushed?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:26:27 am »
ZEAL: My RPG experience, playing these games, and really my console experience period has been kind of limited. The last new system I've bought is an n64, because I've gone over to other people's houses to play and stuff. I didn't play my first RPG until I got Super Mario RPG, and that was like a year later, and after that I really didn't get back into that stuff until 2002.

ZEAL: It's amazing how they come off like that; these last two weeks I finally played FF7 for the first time, it's amazing to see how Cloud, with lines and things, and how Serge, with no lines, and they're still both viable, great characters. And that silent protagonist thing has become a Chrono trademark; if they ever made a new game, hopefully it would have that. And again, ther'es so much depth in Chrono Cross -- if you're looking at it from science, an artistic point of view, or from the characters or plot -- and it's sort of like an experience, becuase the scenery is so beautiful, and the music's perfect -- and a lot of people were turned off for some reason, and I'm still trying to figure that out; I can't find a basis for just hating that game.

ZEAL: Yeah, the Elements and everything -- the game reviewers, like professional dudes -- Gamestop, IGN -- they were like, wow, this is good, this is groundbreaking, a trendsetter -- and the fanboys were like, "What is this?" I'm about to play Final Fantasy 8, and I've heard a lot of criticism about its system too, and I don't understand how a battle system can ruin someone's experience of the game. It all boils down to attack, defend, all that. When you have elements and all that, and there's such a diverse array, and the Chrono Cross, the ultimate element, it really works; it requires strategy and everything, and it was good.

Wow, i learnt a lot about you just now. I thought you were the god of rpg's, but seeing as how you only recently played ff7...oh and ff8 rocks. The battle system does not tuin it, its just unique, like ffx. The Draw system add a lot more fun in my opinion.

And, then, of course, when you got to Zeal, and my name reflects that -- Zeal was amazing. It was entirely dreamt up by Masato Kato, and was just this paradise of civilization floating in the sky, so beautiful, and the people are so actualized that there's a city just made for dreamers.

I don't think it was dreamt up by Kato, this idea was around for a long time. Leputa and stuff, and the whole idea for heaven. But Kato did do it the best. Now Zeal in 3D :drools:

Right now, you've got all these people whining about Square-Enix and all that

That was obviously about me
-------------
Hey, you're famous now Zeality!

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 11:54:56 am »
ZEAL: The fanboys will say, you know, the game was cancelled, that it was in production -- it wasn't in production ever really, Masato Kato and all those guys with Chrono Cross were like, "let's make Xenogears." Or I don't know if Xenogears came before that, but they had their own projects and everything.....

And I'm glad they decided to make Xenogears. That game has one of the greatest stories I've ever seen in any novel/film/video game.

ZeaLitY, if you haven't played Xenogears......... you should.  :wink:

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 01:28:24 pm »
Hmm...interesting. Nice for somebody who hasn't been here too long to learn a bit about the site's history (though UE was a tad repitive at times.).

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 12:30:46 am »
I really want to play XS but it hasnt come out in Australia just like most of the fire emblems and CHRONO CROSS (i know i always repeat it but its just so hard to comprehend) Fingers crossed for XS: Also Sprach Zarathustra, eh?

ivanthem

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 01:15:15 am »
UE: Let's switch gears; I want to talk about Chrono Cross. There's a lot of mixed feelings in the community about Chrono Cross -- a lot of people loved it, a lot of people absolutely loathed it, and don't see it as part of the Chrono series. Personally, when I played Chrono Cross, I thought it was great, and then, this is where you helped me out -- because Chrono Cross's plot is a little hard to understand the first time through -- you pointed me in the right direction, I read this huge plot summary, and it blew me away. I think that Chrono Cross is actually a better game after you baet it and think about it.

Small typo on the last line- baet.

ZEAL: I haven't researched it really, since I haven't been able to come by those sales figures that everyon ewants -- butI

last 2 words are incomplete, and that paragraph has some other typos- awhile and ahs instead of has.

Please excuse the overperfectionism on my part, great job ZeaLitY!