Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!  (Read 1672 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Nintendo Revolution controller: HOLY SH!T!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 05:18:17 am »
Quote from: Hadriel
It wasn't because of the controller that few developers made games for the GC; it was the optical disk format they used.

I never said it was the only reason...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 03:08:26 pm »
I disagree V_T, I think that developers are interested in this technology, many of the top developing companies have already stated interest in the controller and say they plan to make something for the Rev.

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 03:12:48 pm »
Quote from: Hadriel
It wasn't because of the controller that few developers made games for the GC; it was the optical disk format they used.

To me this brings up an interesting point: how much dependance do you have to have in a console on cross-platform games, and how much SHOULD you be looking for exclusives?  Obviously you need some of both, but how important to the sale of the console is each?  We all know the impact Halo had on Xbox sales, but what about the other series, like the FF being on PS2, nintendo's "old standbys" being on theirs, etc?  And how much did it help the xbox (or ps2, or GC) that MOST sports games came out for all 3 consoles, along with a great many other series of games?

That's something I don't see discussed much.  Sometimes it's stated as a "foregone conclusion" that you NEED to have the cross-platform games on your console, but really do you, and by how much?  And how much are the pure exclusives important?