Author Topic: Doors in the future  (Read 4571 times)

PhantomBPR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:48:01 am »
Why do the doors with the mammon machine icon exist in the future? My first thought was that the Guru made them, but, he wouldn't have gone to all of the domes just to hide items would he?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Doors in the future
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 12:57:26 am »
Quote from: PhantomBPR
Why do the doors with the mammon machine icon exist in the future? My first thought was that the Guru made them, but, he wouldn't have gone to all of the domes just to hide items would he?

I smell a plot opening, and that can only mean one thing: Chrono ?????

Aye, because if the Guru of Reason did not make those doors, then surely the 1999 A.D. culture had some connection with the Kingdom of Magic. I am stroking my beard with intrigue even as we speak!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Doors in the future
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 02:44:13 am »
Well, he hid the Epoch for the heroes, so why not some helpful items as well? He himself wouldn't have had to do the traveling even, he could have gotten his Nu to do it.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:18:47 pm »
Keep in mind those icons are also on the smaller chests you need the pendant to open.  So they're present as early as 600 A.D.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Doors in the future
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 02:22:12 pm »
Most likely Belthasar made them,  for how else would the other people even know about him? If he had just went straight from Proto Dome to Keeper Dome than no one would have seen him. Why he made them is a good question, but I do think he did it.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:42:04 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Keep in mind those icons are also on the smaller chests you need the pendant to open.  So they're present as early as 600 A.D.

I always thought of those as holdovers that survived the fall of Zeal and became popular curios because no one could ever open them.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Doors in the future
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 03:52:08 pm »
I would think that they were items from the Nothern Palace, that were relased by Lavos's attack. I doubt they would have made an entire palace to hold the Sun Stone, Rainbow Shell, Safe Helm and Swallow.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
Quote from: Lord J esq
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated

I always thought of those as holdovers that survived the fall of Zeal and became popular curios because no one could ever open them.

Very possible, as I believed that too.  I was just pointing it out.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 07:33:42 pm »
Doesn't some one say that her chest was passed down from generations on her family or something along that line?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 09:24:34 pm »
Quote from: SolidSnake_8608
Doesn't some one say that her chest was passed down from generations on her family or something along that line?

Yes.  But you can't tell hwo far back.  Plus, this brings up an interesting point, because the Kingdom of Zeal was destroyed, along with people's abiliy to use magic.  So where did the magically sealed boxes come from?

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 09:57:59 pm »
Let us not forget that the Epoch was stored inside the keepers dome behind 2 mammon machine iconed doors, and let us not forget the messages addressed to the "heroes" who passed them (the first one, for the messages are between both doors)

He, most likely, knew that if sum1 would have the power to open those doors, these ppl would, most likely again, be "heroes" in a quest for, most likely once again, saving the world

now wasn't that obvious? ><

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 04:07:33 am »
The most likely reason is that the boxes were found like that, and people just kept them in their family, not knowing what was inside, which was obviousally secret stuff from the elemental place.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 05:11:55 pm »
maybe they just thought they were decorations or collectables because they couldn't get them open so they thought nothing of the boxes, except that one girl that tells you that you can have the contents inside if you can open it. As for the doors, the doors only exist in 2300 AD, and so does Belthasar, so the only way to justify them is to say that he had to have some part in making them, ya know?

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 07:54:11 pm »
maybe they just thought they were decorations or collectables because they couldn't get them open so they thought nothing of the boxes, except that one girl that tells you that you can have the contents inside if you can open it. As for the doors, the doors only exist in 2300 AD, and so does Belthasar, so the only way to justify them is to say that he had to have some part in making them, ya know?

correct, prehaps the ruling powers in that time used belthasar's door designs, which he copied from zeal, as a security measure to keep the important areas out of reach to those that didnt have the right to be there, but for that you would have to disregard the fact that theres no mention of anyone in that time having clearence through those doors, nor any items which the character picks up from that time to activate the door, i suppose that the materal used to open the door either ran out of energy or where lost during the day of lovas's confusion

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Doors in the future
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 08:06:52 pm »
Quote from: evirus

correct, prehaps the ruling powers in that time used belthasar's door designs, which he copied from zeal, as a security measure to keep the important areas out of reach to those that didnt have the right to be there, but for that you would have to disregard the fact that theres no mention of anyone in that time having clearence through those doors, nor any items which the character picks up from that time to activate the door, i suppose that the materal used to open the door either ran out of energy or where lost during the day of lovas's confusion

This could make sense, the door could of been opened regularly by officers with keycards the had been powered by the pendent. Doan was the descendent of Marle.