Author Topic: Dario - Playable Character Release 1.0  (Read 1796 times)

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chilling in the Bend of Time
    • View Profile
Dario - Playable Character Release 1.0
« on: February 18, 2024, 02:44:18 am »
Hi y'all! It's been a long time!
I'm happy to release this first version of playable Dario mod!!!! 8)   
*This mod has been made/tested on ePSXe v2.0

** This mod features : **
- replaces Turnip character for Dario
- removes Turnip joining scenario and his Tech 7.
- adds a new scenario for Dario to join
- Dario's stats are enhanced
- Dario can equip both Einlanzer 1 & 2  (doesn't show 2 blades as it needs another model)
- Viper's unlimited Dragoon Glory bug is fixed
- Removed 1 ~useless chest in Water Dragon Island (Another) for Dario's joining event (sadly had to but turns out there are several unused Var_Bit -> will provide updates someday)  Done! No more losing chest!
- Bend of Time now accessible in regular game

I do not know how to make patch so here's the link to both .iso   :
(version 1.3 - fixed missing standards animation + Innate Color issue!)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UMamSbawig6AUmkXVVBCDTMk5YqHV2pg/view?usp=sharing

*Warning - Something seems off with the innate color, encountered that a few times I'm trying to figure out why if you close the emulator and reboot before Dario joins his color resets to Green somehow, maybe something in the memorycard stores a preset of all characters stats? I'll try to figure it out

For a workaround in the meantime simply use Save States instead of regular save/load. That seems to work fine for now!

Innate color when loading game has been fixed! it will auto fix if you load your game on v1.3 !

*Make sure you start a new game to have Dario's name, stats, innate color & element Tech 3-5-7 to work properly (Dario should be Yellow Innate)

*Dario can join the moment Riddel joins your crew!

There are a few minor details still left, he is ~99.5% completed I will try to fix those whenever I can

1 : Rectangle Image in both End-Battle and Menu Screen isn't edited, it needs a good polishing

2 : Dario Dash&Gash camera during the first part of the move is odd -> Probably because it's supposed
     to be an NPC using the spell.

3 : Dario's cloak during certain animation(s) isn't fully edited. Needs a bit more editing

4 : Laughing Animation also needs editing.   All animations Overworld/Standards have been ~100% Completed!

5 : Blinking animation make some spot appear in both battle & status screen, not a big deal

6 : The text for the event when Dario joins the party is not finalize and have errors in it (need to make a little dialogue between Dario & Riddel ideally)

I think that's about all of the remaining issues! Please let me know if there are any other issues ty!

Enjoy  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 07:25:52 am by Grobycftw »

jeetkunjo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Dario - Playable Character Release 1.0
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 05:00:59 pm »
Hi, thanks a lot for your work, i'm really impressed its works on PSX , i tested it , looks awesome!

I've noticed one glitch, in his battle standing animation ( both in game and in statuts screen) there is a texture glitch, its like a small flash that occurs for one sec, I myself modded final fantasy 7 on PSX with a similar mod, replacing bosses for character, and i had a similar " flashing texture glitch" , in my case it was caused because i didnt totally copy pasted the whole texture of the new character, i have no idea if its the same for your mod as i dont know anything about chrono cross file structure, but thats the only thing i have to report, the others issues are already in your list.

In addition to your Dario mod I'd like to swap dark serge with playable lynx model in battle and field, i'm looking in your guide and downloaded the modding tools, but its seems you have already made a dark serge battle model, any chance to get it ? so it will make it easier and faster for me to achieve

Finally if you want to make a patch of your mod its really easy, you just need to get the PPF creating tool, an untouched iso of chrono cross and your modified iso, the tool will compare both files and generate a ppf file, this ppf file will be usable with another tool called " PPFomatic" , I've uploaded the CD1 patch of your mod just in case :

cd1:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r5pp3wmd4gkvcyf/dariomodcd1.ppf/file
cd2:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9361ccdi5pwh7ho/dariomodcd2.ppf/file
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:07:53 pm by jeetkunjo »

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 07:56:17 pm »
Hi Jeetkunjo
ohhh nice thank you very much I'll try making patches from now on!

I just re-uploaded a new version fixing few things, and making the Bend of Time accessible in regular game

Yes this glitch is #5 on the remaining problem left! It is the blinking animation, we still haven't figure how to remove that animation. All Npc don't blink but PC does so when we use an NPC it does that weird visual glitch  x.x

And yes for sure, here should be the latest version :
Can't remember if there was issues with it tho it's been a long time

Dark Serge Battle Model :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pBZFEZOOL406fegsSkJe2hINAXeeZ2x/view?usp=drive_link

Dark Serge related info :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KFhBzQ-OiPRegTT2zZFvS6DNIYv58-l6?usp=drive_link

let me know if it works!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 08:04:23 pm by Grobycftw »

jeetkunjo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 12:37:12 am »
thanks a lot ! i will follow your dario playable guide step by step and make you know how it goes when i'm done

EDIT: the blink animation is a separate texture file , if you open the iso with timviewer you can notice they are separated from the main file, maybe thats what causing the flashing?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 04:31:44 pm by jeetkunjo »

jeetkunjo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 09:13:36 pm »
I finally tested the character swap with your dario to pc guide,i definitly did something wrong, so i will need more infos if you dont mind , there is 4 files, battlemodel, battle anims, texture file, and weapon :

1) If "Dark Serge (100%) Final" is the 3d model alone (10000 length), i just need to replace it with serge model , located at 114D2800 ( B000 length)?

2)  Serge anim offset are not indicated in the info txt

3) Serge texture are not indicated either but i swapped them with TIMVIEWER, using dark serge's ( worked on field but cannot say for battle since its crashed)

4) finally the most enigmatic part for me, how did you managed to get dark serge scythe? did you swapped this weapon with some serge weapon model and texture? or this weapon really exist?

Since i have no infos for the 2) and 4), i only swapped the 3D model and textures , hoping i will get a dark serge with serge default animation and weapons, to see at least if the model works fine, but the game crashed in battle just before serge load.

By the way , since its a Dario mod thread , maybe this is the wrong place to discuss that, let me know about this too so i dont use too much darkserge things in the topic :p, i forgot to mention that i correctly swapped the first and last part of the modification ( changing iso format and rebuild, my mystake is in the modification with the hex editor)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 09:15:21 pm by jeetkunjo »

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 12:23:58 am »
No worries we can talk about it here!

Ok so for #1 , you are right you have to replace serge model -> But here's the catch :
I heard you could do "extend" the size of the disc (like adding 5000 if we replaced serge with dark serge in this case) but idk how much of a hassle it would be to offset everything after.
So instead what I did for that test was overwrite Kid's model, making her un-playable o.o as idk how to extend the game size (in the new version it is possible tho >> I believe) we might wanna start working on the new version, altho it misses alot of info still

Potential solution is swap a model that has enough size in it so you don't need to offset anything, which is what we did with Dario, only Turnip and few others had enough space for it!

for #2 all PC animation attack can be found here :
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Cross_Player_Character_Battle_Animation_Files_List.html

for #3 all texture in battle are always right before it's model, they are under .atim file and not .tim link here :
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Cross_Player_Characters_Combat_Files_List.html

luckily it is very easy to put a .tim ->  .atim  via hex edit

for #4  yes all weapons exist for all PC & NPC   : ) 
link here for NPC and (link above PC) :
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Cross_Enemy_Weapon_Models.html

lmk if all of this helped!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 02:10:58 pm »
Awesome work!

dimitri33

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 02:29:53 am »
hi bro Grobycftw ty for your work finally  :D . 1. Can you please share Turnip=Dario offset  Turnip Innate Color i like to add Black on Dario Innate Color and his  3 TECH i need the offset please share. Is it hard to add on Dario the Masamune Sword or other swords like you did with Viper

Grobycftw

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 03:10:09 am »
Thank you!

Yes dimitri, here are the info

Changing Turnip/Dario Innate Color

Innate Color Table :
Blue      = 80
Red       = 20
Yellow   = 40
Green   = 04
Black    = 10
White   = 08

*Format 2352*
CD_1
13B73769 = Turnip Innate element color 1 (change this)
13B777B9 = Turnip Innate element color 2 (change this)
13B85D69 = Turnip Innate element color 3 (change this)

CD_2
139936A9 = Turnip Innate element color 1 (change this)
139976F9 = Turnip Innate element color 2 (change this)
139A5CA9 = Turnip Innate element color 3 (change this)

Changing Turnip/Dario Spells Color :
*Format 2352*
Menu         Battle
26C435  |  13BA3055 = @VegeChopper/Dash&Gash   (change both Menu & Battle)
26C461  |  13BA3081 = @VegeMight/SonicSword  (change both Menu & Battle)
26C48D  |  13BA30AD = @VegOut/Conductarod  (change both Menu & Battle)

dimitri33

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 01:41:45 pm »
thank you  :)