Author Topic: Hey Johnny.  (Read 8165 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2006, 03:01:06 am »
Well, in the Chrono Trigger OVA, for the night before the Millenium or whatever, all the "mystics" were summoned in from all across time. The Nu and that furry thing too, so we can assume they count as mystics too, it doesn't mean all mystics use magic. Heck, I thought that the mystics were called demons in the jap version. And Johnny was one of them at the fair.

Plus, he seems like he's a body connected to robot parts (striking consept as in Ghost in the Shell?)

EDIT:
BTW, do not forget that in the Dead Sea, nothing decays or changes. Miguel made this pretty obvious, and as do the frozen bodies of the Acacia Dragoons.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2006, 04:55:48 am »
The summoned people weren't described as "Mystics", they were described as simply "monsters". I don't think Nus, future mutants, mere rats and robots are supposed to be Mystics (do you think that Johnny's robotic supporters are Mystic creatures too?).

Not to mention that this animé is one of the most non-canon Chrono stuff that may exist.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2006, 07:25:57 am »
The OVA was for fun, nothing to be taken into account in the same league as the games.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Hey Johnny.
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2006, 07:09:49 pm »
Did you guys, by chance, take into account that Quan is probably from China? Things are different over there. Street gang here could mean harmless street racers, since the real gangs mostly stay in their respective neighborhoods. But I'm sure things are different over there. Bruce Lee got some experience fighting with them in Hong Kong as he grew up; I think that's why his parents sent them to San Francisco. So anyway, lighten up.