Author Topic: Recent original CT art  (Read 8767 times)

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
Re: Recent original CT art
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2020, 08:02:53 am »
WHOA!

Did you have any social networks? If you have Twitter i would totally RT those arts on my fanclub!

I do! I'm on twitter as https://twitter.com/cym0rg/, and you can probably find most of these images in my media tab (as well as plenty of others I haven't posted here.) I'm also on tumblr under the same username, though I'm not as active there. I would love some promotion to fellow Chrono fans, thank you so much if you decide to retweet my stuff! <3

Dalton coming back and instituting some kind of his own faux-Zeal command structure, hidden from the normal Porre government, is an incredible idea. Right down to the Zeal fashion. Man, the cat would be out of the bag, then. Waaay too tantalizing.

Right? In the story, Dalton is given some major character exploration as to why he is the way he is, especially as the emperor-king of Porre, and a big part of his character is his obsession with Zeal and his anger at it being ripped away from him - since he always wanted to rule his idea of a perfect society, and he's constantly resentful of the world for taking what he believes should have been his. He wants to try and recapture parts of Zeal where he can with his new empire, hence forcing Lucca into a role that was specific only to Zeal, and that is otherwise completely foreign to Porre. Aside from keeping her from time traveling to jeopardize his current reign, he covets her because he wants her to build him a new Blackbird, so he can fly across the seas and conquer the rest of the known world. (Dalton is also the one who attacks her home and kills her children, but he does so with the goal of capturing Lucca, not killing her, because he recognizes that her intellect is matched only by the gurus of his time and it would be a waste to kill her before she could be properly extorted.) Still, Zeal is gone forever and no amount of dressing Lucca up or making her rebuild the ship will change that, and Dalton is still a sad sack. LOL

Another note is that Glenn 2.0 is Glenn's son, one of the children in the orphanage, and is raised as Kid's brother which is why he appears in the earlier image with Lucca and young Kid. His character got a massive overhaul so that he's more of a foil to Glenn rather than an echo of him.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2020, 10:49:33 am »
Dayum, son! Those are some good artworks. I'mma follow you on the Twit.

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 02:32:18 pm »
Dayum, son! Those are some good artworks. I'mma follow you on the Twit.

Thank you!! I'm happy to have the support! (Fair warning, I do make plenty of silly posts on there, but it is also where I post all my art first and foremost!)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2020, 04:24:41 pm »
Really enjoying these!  We should talk about a collab at some point. :)

cymorg

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I draw Frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2020, 05:29:30 pm »

Thank you so much!! You did Cross Symphonic, right? I'm more than happy to return the follow, I absolutely adore the music of Cross. I'd love to do a collab! Did you have any particular ideas in mind?

(But I just have to add, if anything involving Lucca/Frog's theme was on the table, I'd draw whatever you wanted, LOL)

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 03:44:29 pm »

Thank you so much!! You did Cross Symphonic, right? I'm more than happy to return the follow, I absolutely adore the music of Cross. I'd love to do a collab! Did you have any particular ideas in mind?

(But I just have to add, if anything involving Lucca/Frog's theme was on the table, I'd draw whatever you wanted, LOL)

Yeah, that was me. :)  I don't have anything particular in mind right now, but I can never know enough artists with a love for CT and CC. haha

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 02:14:32 am »
Dalton coming back and instituting some kind of his own faux-Zeal command structure, hidden from the normal Porre government, is an incredible idea. Right down to the Zeal fashion. Man, the cat would be out of the bag, then. Waaay too tantalizing.
THIS! I have always thought that if Dalton was the villain instead of Lynx, or was under Dalton's command, he'd totally do that! It feels so right! And almost ironic too.

Also love all the art work AGAIN! Every one just blows my mind along with the bits of 'what if's that go with it. :D Such a great style!!1